Lose 5 Pounds a Month- July 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Done with my 75 squats...not going to get to the crunches...heading out for dinner and then for our walk on the boardwalk....as for the veggie....I have 4 days left to try one I haven't tried before.....well don't know that there are any I haven't tried before but there are many I don't like so maybe I will retry one I am not a fan of.......anyhow....talk to you all tomorrow...have a GREAT evening!!
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm done with my crunches!!! :) and nearly there with the squats. (50 squats with 3kg dumb bells) :)

I got a little bit over-excited earlier on today, thinking about this challenge group! I was sitting counting out what weight I would be each month if I stuck to 5lbs per month! Its nice to break things down and tackle each loss bit by bit! :)

Corrinne
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone : )

So it has been a great day today went to the zoo with the whole bunch of my family and took all of the babies for the first time it was so awesome. we walked everywhere from ten to one so got a lot of walking in. i limeted myself to one slice of pizza had some vegies at panda express and one entrey of orange chicken and lots of soda haha but all in all i think i sweated and walked off most of the calories i ate today.

did not do crunches or squats but am trying zumba for the first time tomorrow after work so hoping i like it. : )
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    count me in, this sounds like a great challenge. We can do this........:wink:
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to share a small success... We were having homemade pizzas for supper tonight, and typically, in our house, that means a greek pita shell with pizza sauce, loaded with pepperoni, ham, hamburger and lots of mozza and cheddar. I made the pizzas for the rest of the family the same as usual, but decided to try something different for myself. I covered mine with just a bit of pizza sauce, and added diced yellow and red pepper, onion, broccoli (chopped up very fine), and sliced up little grape tomatoes. For cheese, I crumbled on some of the goat's milk soft cheese (know what I mean?). IT WAS DELICIOUS! And so pretty with all the colors (red, green, white, yellow)! I didn't miss the meat-cheese fest at all. So yummy, in fact, that I would want to do it again.

Then, I went to MIL's and had a piece of no-bake strawberry cheesecake. :embarassed:
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I did the Skinny Wednesday Challenge today, as I do every week! Belly dancing, 3 short walks, Zumba class, C25K, and 50 crunches & 25 squats! Wow I smell! Gonna go hit the shower! :laugh:

I still have to continue C25K the rest of the week, as Saturday is the Bix 7 (7mile run) that I'm entered in. My 13 year old neice is doing it with me. Its her first time & I haven't done it for 7 years! I bought my house in 2004 & it was the first time I didn't do it, as that was the weekend I moved in! I'm hoping for a good time....Shooting for 90 minutes! I hope we can do it! :bigsmile:
  • tres1967
    tres1967 Posts: 177
    Options
    I'm jumping back into the group, its amazing how fast 3 weeks goes, since there is just over a week left I will use it to get back on track with tracking food and exercise as well as posting to my groups
  • krinio
    Options
    I'm actually quite looking forward to my weigh-in this week :L lol Is that strange?
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies....left plantar fasciitis really acting up....taking a rest from the run/walk on the beach this am...doing those and the walks at night on the boardwalk (with bad shoes on) are probably the culprits:huh: .....I need to walk tonight on the boardwalk with my family so I am taking a break this am.....only doing the crunches and squats today.....talk to you all later...........
  • krinio
    Options
    I covered mine with just a bit of pizza sauce, and added diced yellow and red pepper, onion, broccoli (chopped up very fine), and sliced up little grape tomatoes. For cheese, I crumbled on some of the goat's milk soft cheese

that sounds so yummy...:grumble: slightly jealous. lol
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    OMG! BANANAS HATE ME!!! :angry:
    A few months ago, I had this crazy attack of what I thought at the time was a stomach flu - chills, gut-wrenching pain, etc. I didn't really think anything of it at the time, but I had had a banana after lunch. Then several weeks later, I was ready to set out for the gym on Saturday morning, ate a toasted peanut butter and banana sandwich, and once again, stomach pains so bad that I was rendered immobile - no gym and straight to bed to wait it out! I became suspicious... Now last night, it was just before bed, it had been several hours since I had last eaten, so I decided to try another banana, on an empty stomach this time. ACK!! Again, with the gut-wrenching pain! I tried to sleep, but was awake for hours, and even crabbed at my hubby to stop moving around in the bed, because even just the tiny movement was excruciating! So! I'm convinced. NO MORE BANANAS!!! Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? I used to be able to eat them without any problems! It's so strange!
    Now I'm tired, and need to make it through the day... :yawn:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Good morning!You have a choice.

I woke up to thunder this morning at 4:30. I got up and did a 5 mile run. I burned 663 calories. I am starting to like running.

Quote of the day

You have a choice. You can throw in the towel, or you can use it to wipe the sweat off of your face.

Have a healthy day!

Terri
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Good morning all :)

dmgaloha maybe you are allergic? I don't know. Either way that sucks. :(
    Terri great job on the running and love the quote!!

Gotta make this short and sweet, I weigh in tomorrow...I took a sneak peek yesterday and I hope it stays close to it! I completed week8 of C25K this morning, soon I'm headed out the door to walk at the park with a friend I haven't seen since my wedding :) Anyway, I got a summons for jury duty the 9th of August (a week after my bday, luckily it's not the week of my bday!) and it's my first time...a little nervous but one of my friends I used to bowl with (haven't seen for a good 2 years) has it the same week unless our numbers aren't called at the same time. Ok, enough rambling, headed out for a bit, have a great day all and see ya tomorrow morning.
    XoxoxoX Bru
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Great quote, Terri!! And running barefoot? How strange! I have very low arches and haven't bought nice running shoes to accommodate for them yet. I am OK on the treadmill but running outside gives me many aches and pains, especially in my knees. I had to take it back inside for fear of hurting myself (and after giving you so much grief about your knee, I knew I couldn't do that. :laugh: ) I have been blaming my crappy shoes but never thought shoes in general were to blame! I think I'll add that book to my reading list.

dmg--- I have never heard of such a thing. I have always thought bananas were supposed to help ease stomach pains, not create them! Using the word "attack" makes me think of problems with the gall bladder (since that what people describe the feeling as.) However, I cannot imagine that bananas upset the gall bladder. I thought that was more of a cholesterol thing?? Hmm... heck, what do I know! I'm no doctor! :blushing: Either way, I hope you feel better soon!

I have totally bombed the challenge this week! I have been so busy scrapbooking. I am not the artsy type of person but this is my first nephew, and I am the photographer of the family. That said, I have a difficult time making a page I like and often make one only to throw it out and re-do it. I just cannot visualize something and make it happen on paper. His party is Saturday, and I am not even halfway done! Not sure I will make it in time.

I am going to Mexico August 1-9. I am nervous about how this will affect my weight. I am staying at a really nice resort so I KNOW they will have healthy eating options. I just can't let myself get in that "Screw it. I'm on vacation!" mindset.
  • tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    Options
    OMG! BANANAS HATE ME!!! :angry:
    A few months ago, I had this crazy attack of what I thought at the time was a stomach flu - chills, gut-wrenching pain, etc. I didn't really think anything of it at the time, but I had had a banana after lunch. Then several weeks later, I was ready to set out for the gym on Saturday morning, ate a toasted peanut butter and banana sandwich, and once again, stomach pains so bad that I was rendered immobile - no gym and straight to bed to wait it out! I became suspicious... Now last night, it was just before bed, it had been several hours since I had last eaten, so I decided to try another banana, on an empty stomach this time. ACK!! Again, with the gut-wrenching pain! I tried to sleep, but was awake for hours, and even crabbed at my hubby to stop moving around in the bed, because even just the tiny movement was excruciating! So! I'm convinced. NO MORE BANANAS!!! Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? I used to be able to eat them without any problems! It's so strange!
    Now I'm tired, and need to make it through the day... :yawn:

I have the same issues. I told my doctor about it and her advice.....don't eat banana's! The only way I can eat them is cooked in banana pudding. I haven't eaten that for a long time though. I personally don't think it's a bad thing though. Banana's are a very high glycemic index food so I avoid it anyway. I don't know what actually causes the incredible stomach pain but I sure don't want to have it again.
  • shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am still hanging in. I am coughing really bad and have been pretty tired but all-in-all I feel better than I did. Its also TOM so I'm just feeling fat and bloaty from that. I overindulged in ice cream this week so I am not expecting a loss tomorrow. Yesterday, I worked out pretty hard but not for as long as I wanted to because a friend stopped by unexpectedly. I also cleaned out our shed with DF so that burnt some extra calories. It was so hot and humid I was pouring sweat and completely filthy by the time I was finished. Today is my rest day and I intend on doing nothing today! Of course, I will have to chase my toddler and do the normal day to day things, but seriously, I don't want to do anything at all today. :laugh: I am going to do the Slim in 6 program starting either tomorrow or Saturday. I have been doing the videos 1-2 times a week anyway but never done the 6 weeks straight. Anyone else ever done Slim in 6?

Amanda- I wanted to do a scrapbook for my daughter but it never seems like I have the time do make it. :frown: I'm not real artsy, either! My mom scrapbooks and hers are awesome but she doesn't do it much anymore. Are you on a certain diet or just trying clean eating? I love this concept but can't seem to eliminate all the processed crap from my diet.
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Shelley, I'm glad you are feeling at least a little better. I hope that cough clears up soon! I am not following any particular diet, just eating clean. I am fortunate to have a boyfriend (that lives with me) who LOVES to cook so it's not too difficult.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Amanda -- You may have a food allergy to the bananas. You might want to call your dr. My Aunt is severly allergic to bananas, apparently if she were to eat one she may not make it, and also so much that I can't even have my Yankee Banana Nut Bread scented candle sitting out in my house when she is around! Hopefully you are not that bad! :noway:

Are you scubadiving in Mexico when you go? What part are you headed to? I've dove in Ixtapa/Ziuatenajo. Its beautiful! :bigsmile:

Well I burned over 800 calories again today & I was actually going to take it easy today! :laugh: I didn't do my belly dancing this morning to start my day & I only took one walk on break at work. However I had to mow the lawn when I got home & then did my C25K run, along with 25 squats & 50 crunches!

Tomorrow will DEFINITELY be a take it easy day for me! I have to get up early Saturday to be at the start line by 7am for the Bix race! My neice will be here tomorrow night so it will be a fun night hanging out just us! :bigsmile:

Well I'm gonna hit the shower! See you all tomorrow!
  • tres1967
    Options
    kintegra quote "I did wk2/day1 of C25K last night! I also did 100 crunches & 75 squats! And my the back part of my sides are killing me! Must be from the crunches I guess? :huh:

Kelly
    [/quote]

I started C25K almost a month ago, I'm holding at warm up, run 1 mile, walk 1/4 mile and finish w another mile, that's about 30-35 minutes and then I hop on the elliptical for either HIIT or LSD, your workout sounds great!!
  • tres1967
    Options
    Great quote, Terri!! And running barefoot? How strange! I have very low arches and haven't bought nice running shoes to accommodate for them yet. I am OK on the treadmill but running outside gives me many aches and pains, especially in my knees. I had to take it back inside for fear of hurting myself (and after giving you so much grief about your knee, I knew I couldn't do that. :laugh: ) I have been blaming my crappy shoes but never thought shoes in general were to blame! I think I'll add that book to my reading list.

How amazing, just last night I was googling "ankle pain" cause I got new orthotics and thought they were affecting my foot and came across http://therunningbarefoot.com/ There is a book called "Born to Run" about running barefoot, not sure if I want to back off on what I have accomplished so far and start at the beginning to get used to going barefoot.