Replies

• kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    July 1st 229.8
    July 5th 229.4
    July 12th 227.6
    July 19th 225.4
    July 26th 225.8 >>>>> GAIN! :noway: After all that running I guess my body is saying WTF? :laugh: I'm not stressing out about it....just going to keep on doing what I've been doing. I'm sure the scale will change eventually!

July 31st >>>>>goal>>>>>> under 220!

So with my gain, I'm at 4 lbs lost for the month. Only one more to go, but my personal goal I really wanted to meet of at least 219.9 - so I've got till Saturday to lose 5.9 lbs. Don't think that's gonna happen. :grumble:
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    July 1st 229.8
    July 5th 229.4
    July 12th 227.6
    July 19th 225.4
    July 26th 225.8 >>>>> GAIN! :noway: After all that running I guess my body is saying WTF? :laugh: I'm not stressing out about it....just going to keep on doing what I've been doing. I'm sure the scale will change eventually!

July 31st >>>>>goal>>>>>> under 220!

So with my gain, I'm at 4 lbs lost for the month. Only one more to go, but my personal goal I really wanted to meet of at least 219.9 - so I've got till Saturday to lose 5.9 lbs. Don't think that's gonna happen. :grumble:

Don't worry about the gain...I found when I first really upped my exercise, I gained as well and then a few days later it dropped back off. I expect it is just the trade off of gaining muscle and then your metabolism catching up with it. You will still have a strong finish for the month I am sure... Keep up the great work!!!!
  • dk82
    dk82 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hello All!!!
    Just checking in......
    SW- July 1- 184.8
    July 19- 181.6
    (CW) July 26- 181.0.....only 1.2 for the end of the month goal!!!
    GW- Aug 1- 179.8
    I can't wait to be in the 170's!!:happy:
  • Cathy_5011
    Cathy_5011 Posts: 78
    Options
    Almost there for the 5lbs July challenge. Down 3 to more to go not sure if I can do it in a week but I will kick but and try :flowerforyou:
  • princesspurple
    Options
    i am not on my way-trying-just not getting there and i olnly have a few days left!
  • ifychudy
    ifychudy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    AM down 1.6ibs this week

07/01/10 226lbs

07/05/10 224.2

07/12/10 225.6( gain of 1.4)

07/19/10 223.0 (2.6lbs loss)

07/26/10 221.4(1.6lbs loss)

1071396.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • fivefatcats
    fivefatcats Posts: 368
    Options
    Checking in:
    Me:
    July1 - 168.4
    July9 - 165
    July 15 - 161.8
    July 26 - 161.2

I had a body composition test done in March when I weighed 182 lbs. Then had another today at 161 lbs. (unfortunately they were different machines but the one I used in March is dead and being replaced with a new unit :sad: )

RESULTS. . . . . . .Mar-10. . . . .Jul-10
    weight . . . . . . . .. . . .182. . . . .161
    %body fat. . . . . . . . . .27.8. . . . .27
    % fat mass. . . . . . . . .50.6 . . . .44. . . . . . . .-6.6
    % lean mass. . . . . ..131.4. . . .117. . . . . . .-14.4
    %total body water. . .50.6. . . . .56.2 (The lady that did the test said this was a good thing ?! :indifferent:

So - I lost net 21 lbs, but my percentage of body fat didn't really change. For me that is GOOD news - it means I didn't lose any percentage of lean mass by being on a VERY restrictive diet. (Realistically if you weigh 150 lbs and 120 lbs of that is lean, then lose 30 lbs, do you really think 120 lbs of your 120 weight will be ALL lean - of course not - zero body fat is not reasonable and I'm pretty sure impossible! So some lean has to go too.)

My challenge/goal for August is to stay at/near 160 lbs and see if through cardio and resistance training I can lower that body fat percentage toward my goal of 22%. I plan to have the test done again in about 6-7 weeks.

In September I will try again for a reasonable loss.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies, busy day at work, then got called back in for another case.....got my run/walk in though---but tomorrow my goal is to try a new exercise---either yoga or taking after Kelly and going to try belly dancing...we'll see, anyway either should be good on letting my plantar fasciitis rest.....good night all...............
  • shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have been doing ok. Been really busy and haven't been logging my food. I hope this doesn't show on the scales! I have been working out but I am not able to push as hard as I would like to. Since being sick I feel like I am starting over. I can't believe its almost the end of the month already! I want to be at 150 by the 31st but I'm not sure its gonna happen. Normally, I rest on Thursday and Friday but tomorrow I have to be somewhere really early so I probably won't get my workout in. I'm just gonna keep doing what I'm doing and keep my fingers crossed for a loss this week! It sounds like everyone is doing really well!
  • angiereid
    angiereid Posts: 158
    Options
    im in as well if i keep it up i will be close to goal weight in december with only 10 more to go
  • tres1967
    tres1967 Posts: 177
    Options
    A couple general questions: I noticed everyone posts their weight on the 1st of the month and then other dates throughout the month. It appears weekly check in is on Mondays, so for August I will weigh in on Sunday the 1st, not really bother with another one the next day and then post weekly weights on Mondays until the 30th (Monday) or go ahead and wait til Tuesday the 31st. If I am wrong please let me know. I wasn't aware of the Monday weigh in so I will do it tomorrow morning (Tuesday)

T
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    well i tried zumba on thursday so my weigh in on sunday wasn't as promising as i hoped but im thinking that the 1st will be better : ) Im going to be going to zumba every tuesday and thursday for an hour. Im going to try and hitch a ride with hubby to the college during his class on wednsdays and hop on the elliptical or even do a few weights so my muscle keeps up with my weightloss since i am not doing any strength training and have bad posture problems causing pain in my shoulders and neck.

july 1 --173
    july 4 --172.8
    july 11--172.0
    july 18--170.6
    july 25--172.0

And today july 26th 171.6

so far not quite 2 pounds but that is a 7 pound loss since june 1st and im really not into a whole lot of exercise yet but now that im doing zumba i expect better for august and cant wait to post my beginning weight in the new august challenge see you there : )

GREAT JOB EVERYONE OF YOU FOR THE DISTANCE YOU HAVE COME IN YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY. BECAUSE IT REALLY IS A COMPLETE JOURNEY IN MANY DIFFERENT WAYS FOR ALL OF US KEEP IT UP.
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Checking in,

07/01/2010 - 83kg/183lb
    07/03/2010 - 82.4kg/181.66lb
    07/09/2010 - 82.3kg/181.44lb
    07/13/2010 - 81kg/178.5lb
    07/20/2010 - 80.4kg/177.25
    07/27/2010 - 80kg/176.3
  • nurseenf
    nurseenf Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    7/1/10 156.5
    7/15/10 154
    7/26/10 152

8/1/10 151.5
    Half a pound to go...woo hoo!
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Down 3 lbs of my vacation gain (5.5 lbs)....so great morning to me....off to work, but hoping to get my yoga in after work....then pick another new exercise for tomorrow....have a GREAT day challangeers.....:flowerforyou:
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    I slipped up a bit this weekend. My family has been doing a lot of celebrating! My nephew turned 1 on Sunday (his party was Saturday,) and my boyfriend's birthday was yesterday (we celebrated on Sunday,) and today is my mom and dad's 29 year anniversary! I ate a little too much cake this weekend but I am back on track now and feeling good.

I am not sure what new exercise I want to try. I will probably try some yoga on the Wii. As for eating no meat twice a week, I am positive I can do that (I had a vegetarian diet for several months earlier this year!)
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    YaY!! 169.6 this morning : ) down from 172
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    hey ya'll. it's like i can't keep up this past month. :brokenheart: now i can't really exercise b/c i have abcesses (they are like large boils) under my arms... :sad: this is startin 2 suck. i haven't been eating that well at nite 4 the last month & i haven't been exercisin at all. this evenin i'm gonna join my softball team as a substitute (which means i may or may not play) & it'll b the only exercise that i'll have had in a month. the abcess under my right arm is the 1 that is killin me right now. so i'm wonderin if i'll b able 2 even swing a bat or run :frown:

i'm goin 2 the dr this wk 2 c if i can get them drained. the appt is 4 friday but i may go 2morrow nite if i can't take the pain no more :frown: then i won't b exercisin 4 a while again <sigh>

but this wk i'm gonna get my eatin in order at least. then later when i'm feelin better i'll get 2 workin out again. so i'll b MIA 4 a while :grumble:

i haven't been losin any weight this whole time also but that was 2 b expected. i've been yo-yo between 229 and 232. but hopefully that will change.

altho i did lose 5lbs last month, idk if i'll lose any this month... <sigh>
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Ifychudy / sivlerangel – Yahoo – you’re almost there! You can do it!! :smile:

5fatcats / anu – congrats on overachieving this month! Great work! :happy:

Tres1967 – everyone weighs in on their own weigh-day. Mine is Saturday. You can use whatever works for you. Glad you're joining us! :flowerforyou:

Goobegone – I had a large abcess on the back of my thigh about a week ago, so honey, I feel your pain!! :sad: I hope you feel better soon.

After several weeks of cutting out the evening snacks, I had the munchies last night. And today too... It must be PMS. :mad: I've got to get this under control, or my weigh-in will be disastrous. One more pound to go...
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Good day everyone!

I have not tried a new exercise yet. At 4:30 this morning the treadmill was a lot easier than looking for something new!. I got almost 6 miles ran/walked and burned over 700 calories. Then I put the kids in the buggy and went for a walk. The HRM says that I have burned 1021 calories for the day.

A big welcome to the new people.

For those who are wondering the challenge will be issued again in August to lose 5 pounds.

Quote of the day

"Don't be concerned with what you can't do. Work on what you can do - then count your blessings."

Alan Robinson, 56-year-old partially paralyzed marathon runner

Remember to do that in the midst of this journey.....make sure to count the blessings along the way!

Have a great day!

Terri