Lose 5 Pounds a Month- July 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hi all just wanted to say congrats on the weigh-ins this week so far : )

also i have been working soo much and having all day plans on all of my three days off for the past 2 or so weeks but starting thursday i will be working 10a to 6p thursday through saturday and will not have the kiddos home with me they will be up camping with grandma since i don't have another babysitter for the weekend : ) yay time to do some major house cleaning and orginization getting ready for my move next week !

I am going to try a zumba class on thursday after work hope it is fun im so glad they have one close by every tuesday and thursday night at 7 and i get off work at 6 so i will be able to make it most of the time since hubby will be awake by then and will not have to go in to work till midnight yay so something a little more intense than walking to do that will be good for me well wish me luck on sunday for my weigh in since i will have that zumba class on thursday : ) thanks all have a good night

P.S. i am so in for this weeks exercise challenge
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Weighed in this morning and guess what?? LOST MY FIRST 5LBS :drinker:

I'm down 2lbs..which makes me 154lbs :bigsmile: Still got 11 days til August 1st, so might be down to 153/2lbs by next week :wink:

Well done everyone keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm on a running total of 3lbs lost this month so far, so 2lbs by the end of the month is definitely achievable! :happy:
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I am a little late joining in on the challange this week...but I am up to trying.....squats no problem, but I hat crunches (I hate anything related to situps...) anyway....will try to see if I can try a new veggie....hard here on vacation......talk to you all later!!
  • timbotina
    Options
    I am a little late joining in on the challange this week...but I am up to trying.....squats no problem, but I hat crunches (I hate anything related to situps...) anyway....will try to see if I can try a new veggie....hard here on vacation......talk to you all later!!
  • timbotina
    Options
    50 squats in...(had to lay off the jumping jack from last challange--I have a small tear in my left rotator cuff and believe it or not...jumping jacks really screwed me up--or maybe the amount I was doing...so laying off those for awhile.)...will bne gungho on the squats though--great idea!!!......:tongue:
  • teethib
    teethib Posts: 15
    Options
    I just joined over a week ago and found this thread, I would like to join. Can anyone tell me if I just start with the challenges for this week, or should we be doing all prior challenges. Like, I saw this week is squats, and situps, then I saw someone put something about jumping jacks from a prior week. Do I just start where it is now?

July 20-167
    July 31-165
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I just joined over a week ago and found this thread, I would like to join. Can anyone tell me if I just start with the challenges for this week, or should we be doing all prior challenges. Like, I saw this week is squats, and situps, then I saw someone put something about jumping jacks from a prior week. Do I just start where it is now?

July 20-167
    July 31-165
    Hi there and Welcome!! This is a great group, very supportive! As for the challenges, no one has to do them, I just post them for those who want an extra boost. Feel free to jump in wherever you feel comfy :) I upped my personal challenge to 75squats and 100crunches a day for 5days this week....I did one day, we'll see how I feel tomorrow morning!
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have been MIA the past few days. I have been SO busy! My nephew turns 1 on Sunday, and my boyfriend is celebrating his birthday the next day. I am working on a scrapbook album for my nephew and am in a time crunch. I am making 24 pages--- 12 with a picture of him for every month, and 12 with a journal entry about what happened that month (milestones, significant events, etc.) Now he will always know his first word, when he first smiled, his first foods, etc. I think he'll love it in 10 years.

Also, I finished my scuba diving certification yesterday (one 1.5 hour workout done!) I am now a PADI certified open water diver! I am proud of myself for doing this because it is way way way out of my comfort zone. I feel the same way about running. I never thought I'd be able to do any of it! Just like Terri, my weight has been about the same for a really long time but I am getting stronger. I love that. Still, I hope to shed some lbs this week!

I am up for the challenge this week! I usually squat 90lbs but will have to do just body weight to get that many in. I freaking hate squats. You're killing me, Bru!! I will have a hard time finding a vegetable I haven't eaten already. I will have to explore Whole Foods for these "sea vegetables" I read about in a Clean Foods book. That should be interesting.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Wow, Amanda, you have been busy!! I'm sure your nephew will really appreciate the time you took to make this for him! And huge congrats on the scuba diving certification! That's wonderful!! And as for the squats, I actually had a few 'friends' tell me I was going too easy, but I had to remind them that some people never have tried them, some people doing this challenge are not as fit as those 'friends' and some have injuries. So maybe they will think before they open their mouth and stupid comes out ;) I searched for squats and found other modifications for the squats. Also, since you've tried pretty much every veggie (like two other friends) maybe find a new veggie recipe you've never had. I'm considering this one for me since I've never had eggplant : http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Eggplant-Pizzas/Detail.aspx Anyway, I'm off to do my crunches and squats :) And I have a bog storm coming my way, so workout videos it is for the day. Toodles!!

Bru
    Ps, I did all 75 squats yesterday, oy! My thighs are achy today! But I'm gonna do another 75...here's to wet noodle legs :drinker:
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    So maybe they will think before they open their mouth and stupid comes out ;)
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I did wk2/day1 of C25K last night! I also did 100 crunches & 75 squats! And my the back part of my sides are killing me! Must be from the crunches I guess? :huh:

Gonna try doing it all again tonight! :happy:

Kelly
  • timbotina
    Options
    squats done...now to work on dreaded crunches...:sad:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I need to jump on these challenges but I seem to forget as the day goes on.

So proud of myself this morning. I got up and got a treadmill run done before the day began. I usually fit them whenever I can but that is not the best training schedule. I plan to take my runs outside on Saturdays. I am running a 5k with my son in September so I need to know what running on asphalt feels like since I do most of my running on the treadmill.

I am reading a book called BORN TO RUN. For any runners or wanna be runners it is an interesting take on running. The joy of running. The mechanics of running, the zen of running, running for survival. Why we do not enjoy running any more and why runners get injured so much......this books blames the running shoe industry. It introduces the idea of barefoot running. I am not getting rid of my K-Swiis' yet.....but may give it a try outside in the grass! If nothing else it gives you some ideas to think about! I like to read books about fitness that give new and interesting ideas. Got any suggestions. Next in line is the book by Ally Vincent (she won a season of Biggest Loser)

Have a great evening!

Terri
  • Shannonk507
    Shannonk507 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I am at 235.8. I do not remember my starting weight on this thread. I was 240 starting MFP. Good luck everyone!
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm baa-ack... :laugh: I've recovered from my leg-thing, and I'm happy to say that I went to Pilates class last night, and got up early this morning to re-do Week 2, Day 3 of Couch to 5k. I have all sorts of fruit to eat for the morning, and all sorts of veggies for lunch...

I was down 2 lbs on my July 10th weigh-in, I missed my July 17th weigh-in, so I need to make sure I'm on track for a good weigh-in this week, since there will only be one more week left to reach the 5 lb goal!
  • vb4evr
    vb4evr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Been a couple weeks till I have posted although i have been busy keeping up with the journey.

July 1 - 229
    July 6 - 228
    July 13 - 226.5
    July 20 - 224.5
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all who have been posting great losses and keeping up with all the challenges:

My stats:
    7/1 - 203.5
    7/13 - 202
    7/21 - 201

Need a big push for the last 10 days of the month....
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all who have been posting great losses and keeping up with all the challenges:

My stats:
    7/1 - 203.5
    7/13 - 202
    7/21 - 201

Dawn, sweetie you are so close to Onederland, you can do it girl!! Kick it!
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options

My stats:
    7/1 - 203.5
    7/13 - 202
    7/21 - 201

Dawn, sweetie you are so close to Onederland, you can do it girl!! Kick it!

Boy am I gonna try....Already planning my workout schedule for the rest of this week since kids baseball is finally done. I want to badly to be in Onderland before month end. I haven't seen that number for years...
  • princesspurple
    Options
    I hope I am on my 'weigh'...my weigh-in is tomorrow!