Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Enemas?

Options

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    Do you do them? How often? If not why, why not?

No. Never. I haven't felt the need or urge to do so.
    If you do them, why do you do them? Does grabbing your phone stop your urge to do an enema?

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I just take bubble baths, it works as enema.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I just take bubble baths, it works as enema; only it isn't being forcefully injected.

Bubble baths make you poop??
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    I just take bubble baths, it works as enema; only it isn't being forcefully injected.

Bubble baths make you poop??

Yeah sometimes I wouldn't have a bm, for nearly 3 weeks; yet wasn't constipated but my weight'd increase. Then I remembered always having 1, approximately an hour after taking a bath; as a child. So a bath, is a soapy enema & currently I have bms, about every other day.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

I don't think you bubble bath the same way I bubble bath.... o_0

I just use regular bubble bath & soak for a 1/2 hour everyday.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Do you... introduce the soapy water into your lower intestine? Coz... then you don't bubble bath like I do. Sphincters are pretty water tight... I know warm water can make you poop, but unless there is... insertion... its not an enema.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

Do you... introduce the soapy water into your lower intestine? Coz... then you don't bubble bath like I do. Sphincters are pretty water tight... I know warm water can make you poop, but unless there is... insertion... its not an enema.

I've never taken a bath, without bubble bath but always in the warmest water; that's tolerable. I've gone swimming in warm water & didn't have to have bms, so it seems that it was the soap.
  • Alatariel75
    Options

I've never taken a bath, without bubble bath but always in the warmest water; that's tolerable. I've gone swimming in warm water & didn't have to have bms, so it seems that it was the soap.

Yeah, my point is that unless you're actually putting the warm soapy water inside your sphincter it's not an enema. It just makes you poop.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

Yeah, my point is that unless you're actually putting the warm soapy water inside your sphincter it's not an enema. It just makes you poop.

I meant that it acts as 1 because of involuntary insertion; upon submergence.
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited August 2016
    Options

I meant that it acts as 1 because of involuntary insertion; upon submergence.

Your sphincter defaults to closed.

If water/soap could just trickle in all willy-nilly just from getting into water, we'd be in some trouble.

Also swimming pools would become much grosser.

More likely the baths helped you to relax, making it easier for you to poop.

That'd definitely explain the water/temperature but not that, it only occurs; when the water's soapy.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Karb_Kween wrote:
    Do you do them? How often? If not why, why not?
    When medically necessary.
    Thank goodness colonoscopies only happen every 5 years (for most people), but even then are mostly taken care of from the front end, so to speak,
    and an enema provides GREAT incentive to avoid constipation! Drink more fluid, eat more fiber, move more.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    Yeah unless you have some issues with your sphincter, you're not getting water up there involuntarily. If you are... well as my original post says? You bubble bath very differently to me.

And you might want to see someone about that.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    Yeah unless you have some issues with your sphincter, you're not getting water up there involuntarily. If you are... well as my original post says? You bubble bath very differently to me.

And you might want to see someone about that.

I guess.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I had terrible candida from strong antibiotics, so I did peppermint and lavender essential oil enemas, coffee enemas, msm and olive oil enemas, and probiotic enemas. It really improved my health at the time. Now that I take vitamin C in high doses for prevention of infections I haven't needed an antibiotic in years. I also haven't done an enema in years.

It's unlikely that you are going to lose much flora from enemas if you use filtered water and perforating your colon is almost if not impossible if you use the right equipment (very small colon tube).

I would say not to do enemas unless you have done your research and you have some issue like candida overgrowth from strong antibiotics.