Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Enemas?

Options

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    Do you do them? How often? If not why, why not?

Sometimes I play a racing game to get my phone from the other room once I get the urge :D

Didn't know where to post this

@Karb_Kween have you ever thought of adjusting your macros so you do not get backed up and require an internal flush?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    It's so rare a thread leaves me speechless.
    I just take bubble baths, it works as enema.

I don't think you bubble bath the same way I bubble bath.... o_0

I just use regular bubble bath & soak for a 1/2 hour everyday.

Do you... introduce the soapy water into your lower intestine? Coz... then you don't bubble bath like I do. Sphincters are pretty water tight... I know warm water can make you poop, but unless there is... insertion... its not an enema.

I've never taken a bath, without bubble bath but always in the warmest water; that's tolerable. I've gone swimming in warm water & didn't have to have bms, so it seems that it was the soap.

Yeah, my point is that unless you're actually putting the warm soapy water inside your sphincter it's not an enema. It just makes you poop.

I meant that it acts as 1 because of involuntary insertion; upon submergence.

Your sphincter defaults to closed.

If water/soap could just trickle in all willy-nilly just from getting into water, we'd be in some trouble.

Also swimming pools would become much grosser.

More likely the baths helped you to relax, making it easier for you to poop.

That'd definitely explain the water/temperature but not that, it only occurs; when the water's soapy.

If the water is getting inside you without your intention of putting it there, then you would have issues with bowel content being expelled without your intention of having it come out (and not in the occasional stomach bug kind of way). Seriously, there is something in the bath that is relaxing you, or you have other issues going on. I could have you mixed up with someone else, but isn't your mother in health care?
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Do you... introduce the soapy water into your lower intestine? Coz... then you don't bubble bath like I do. Sphincters are pretty water tight... I know warm water can make you poop, but unless there is... insertion... its not an enema.

I've never taken a bath, without bubble bath but always in the warmest water; that's tolerable. I've gone swimming in warm water & didn't have to have bms, so it seems that it was the soap.

Yeah, my point is that unless you're actually putting the warm soapy water inside your sphincter it's not an enema. It just makes you poop.

If water/soap could just trickle in all willy-nilly just from getting into water, we'd be in some trouble.

That'd definitely explain the water/temperature but not that, it only occurs; when the water's soapy.

If the water is getting inside you without your intention of putting it there, then you would have issues with bowel content being expelled without your intention of having it come out (and not in the occasional stomach bug kind of way). Seriously, there is something in the bath that is relaxing you, or you have other issues going on. I could have you mixed up with someone else, but isn't your mother in health care?

Oddly I don't have any leakage.

I am sure that you have mistaken me, for being someone else. I don't believe that I've ever mentioned, my Mother working in healthcare; even though she was once a nurse. I recently did just change, my Username though; it was: FridayApril01st2016.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

I am sure that you have mistaken me, for being someone else. I don't believe that I've ever mentioned, my Mother working in healthcare; even though she was once a nurse. I recently did just change, my Username though; it was: FridayApril01st2016.

That what I thought (the username). I thought you mention her being a hospital administrator in a thread some time ago.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

That what I thought (the username). I thought you mention her being a hospital administrator in a thread some time ago.

While I don't remember whom you're referring to, I do recall that someone else; had mentioned that title but my Mother was just a nurse & it's been over 3 decades since then.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

While I don't remember whom you're referring to, I do recall that someone else; had mentioned that title but my Mother was just a nurse & it's been over 3 decades since then.

Sorry! It was quite some time ago in a fairly heated thread. That's the only reason I remember any of it!
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

Sorry! It was quite some time ago in a fairly heated thread. That's the only reason I remember any of it!

No problem, confusion happens.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    Damien_K wrote: »
    This has to be the weirdest thread to have ever grazed on these pages

It ranks up there, but I'm certain there has been stranger. Have you wandered into chit chat? :open_mouth:
  • actualbettycrocker
    actualbettycrocker Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    This thread is an experience.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I hear that people do them once or twice a year to clean out back up and bloating, but I would just detox.

The only reason to every do an enema is if your doctors tells you to do so for a medical reason.

As for detox--no reason to do because your body already does that all by itself.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Unless you have endemic and ongoing bowel issues, enemas are at best useless, and potentially harmful. Don't you think that the human body, after many thousands of years of evolution, has worked out how to take a crap?

The constipated mathematician worked out with a pencil. Maybe if he had a fleet handy... ijs
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Sloth2016 wrote: »
    This thread is an experience.

So far it's been cathartic, but I am waiting to see how it all comes out in the end.

This may be the only time where all's well that ends well doesn't apply. :)