Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Enemas?

Options

Replies

• c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Sigh I hate them, unfortunately the nerve damaged in my spine from car accident means there at time a necessity, the nerve thats damaged controls sphincter lower bowel and bladder, so unfortunately have to use fleet, I hate it! it's certainly not for fun or weightloss.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    No, I have never had the desire to stick anything up my rectum :weary:

Rectum? Darn near killed 'um.

In a pinch, you can use a salt water enema to keep yourself alive at sea to keep from dehydration. That's probably about the level of motivation you need to do something so unnatural.

@BreezeDoveal, curious, what do you do for a living? Stand up comedy? You are hard to figure out.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Nice to see this thread is still going.
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    Do you do them? How often? If not why, why not?

Sometimes I play a racing game to get my phone from the other room once I get the urge :D

Didn't know where to post this

So, did you ever lose the racing game? Sounds like a pretty high stakes endeavor.
  • Troutsy
    Troutsy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    zyxst wrote: »
    Nice to see this thread is still going.

It's slowed to a trickle.

We need to flush people out of their hiding spots
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Never needed them.. however if you ever had thrombosed hemorrhoid surgery... you will never do an enema, even at the doctors request!

eta: btw, true story.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I had one once before I delivered my first baby 28 years ago. Like childbirth, it's not an experience I would choose to have on a frequent basis.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I just read this whole thread. Now I'm pooped.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    rosebette wrote: »
    I had one once before I delivered my first baby 28 years ago. Like childbirth, it's not an experience I would choose to have on a frequent basis.

My mom told me she had to have one before giving birth to me and my siblings. It used to be routine to stop laboring women from pooping on the hospital bed!
  • zyxst
    Options

My mom told me she had to have one before giving birth to me and my siblings. It used to be routine to stop laboring women from pooping on the hospital bed!

And I was told not to eat that day (scheduled Caesarean) and stop eating at 7 the night before.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    The Aztecs used to use alcohol for enemas... but not for medical reasons. They just partied really hard and you can get more drunk that way. Of course... we know that can kill you now.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

One thing I learned from Call the Midwife!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    this thread is circling down the drain....
  • zyxst
    Options
    I've never done one and I don't even plan on doing one unless for some reason a doctor tells me to.

But as a side note, does anyone else remember that short-lived reality show that Jack Osborne did? I think he was traveling or something and I swear there was an episode where he had an enema done and he thought it was awful and made the cameras stay away (which is understandable).

Or did I dream that?

Was it this one - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Osbourne:_Adrenaline_Junkie ?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Why put stuff up your bum when you could just...

https://youtu.be/sMjgaa5j_LE

What a "kitten"head lol

Edited: It didnt filter out my swear word :open_mouth:
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of that episode of My Strange Addiction where a husband and wife were both addicted to doing coffee enemas, and would do like a crazy amount of coffee enemas daily.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm still confused why anyone would want use an enema... for fun. Definitely more to this than meets the eye :huh: