Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Enemas?

Options
Karb_Kween
Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
Do you do them? How often? If not why, why not?

Sometimes I play a racing game to get my phone from the other room once I get the urge :D

Didn't know where to post this

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Only if my doctor stated it was a necessity... :o
  • Troutsy
    Troutsy Posts: 275 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    What are you gaining (or I guess losing) form the enema? are you using it to lose weight? Because that's completely unneeded, plus you run the risk of becoming dependent on them if you continually use them because your colon will lose its ability to pass stool on its own through muscle movement. The only weight you lose with an enema is temporary at best.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I've had a bowel obstruction and that's the why I've used one. I'm pretty sure it's the ONLY reason to use them.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    What does the phone have to do with it? I'm a bit baffled by that part.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I've had a bowel obstruction and that's the why I've used one. I'm pretty sure it's the ONLY reason to use them.

Most colonoscopy preps finish with one.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    I feel cleaner getting internally flushed.
  • alexis09ard
    alexis09ard Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Only if medically necessary or it's a sexual fetish of mine (it's not).

hahaha
  • alexis09ard
    alexis09ard Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I hear that people do them once or twice a year to clean out back up and bloating, but I would just detox.
  • Troutsy
    Troutsy Posts: 275 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I hear that people do them once or twice a year to clean out back up and bloating, but I would just detox.

What exactly are you detoxing?
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Sometimes I play a racing game to get my phone from the other room once I get the urge :D
    Maybe you might want to consider disinfecting your phone?

I awesome'd your post for reading my mind.
  • Damien_K
    Damien_K Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Since this is in debate I think it would be a good idea to point out that the frequent use of enemas can actually be harmful. Our entire digestive tract contains useful bacteria and washing it out can lead to an imbalance of your natural flora. That means you'll have a harder time going naturally and your absorption of certain nutrients will be inhibited. The more often you do them the more likely you are to become vitamin or mineral deficient.

There's also the risk of perforating the rectum, which could lead to the loss of your colon and having to poop in a bag for the rest of your life.

95084.jpg
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    This looks like one of those threads that will fill up my feed and cover up the last thread I posted in that still fills up my feed. And, by the way, filling up my feed is a heck of a lot better than filling up my you know what.