Ladies - weight and pants size?

Options

Replies

• LynnBBQ72
    LynnBBQ72 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 216 lbs. I started at 222 and size 22W five weeks ago. I lift a lot of weights, very little cardio, and am now fitting into size 18W jeans. I carry almost all of my weight in my belly, so the waist size is always the deciding factor. But I never would have believed 6 lbs would drop me two pants sizes in five weeks!
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    5'7", 164 lbs, size 10. I have a small frame though.
  • luv2shimmy
    luv2shimmy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    5'71/2", 185 lbs, size 14. When I'm at my goal, I'll probably wear anywhere between a size 8 and a size 12, depending on the brand. I'm also loving Torrid's 00 size - it fits perfectly.
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    5'7" and 145-150 lbs. I wear usually an 8 in jeans and a 6 in dresses and skirts. When I was thin at 120 lbs, with very little muscle, I was also a size 6.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    5'4", 129 lbs. I'm wearing 4s now, with the 4s beginning to get too loose if they were the "curvy" fit. Occasionally I can get a 2. 2s and 4s in dresses as well. Mostly Ann Taylor and Talbots, bc I love mom shorts :blush:
  • mengqiz86
    mengqiz86 Posts: 176 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    5'6", 130lb, pant size 0 for fashion brands like Ann Taylor, 2 for professional like Theory. 26 jeans
  • drabbits2
    drabbits2 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    right now I am 5'8" tall, 170 pounds, size 12. at my most fit I was 140 and size 6 fit great. my goal now is 150.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    5'9" 150 pounds. Sizes 9/10 us
  • flimflam87
    flimflam87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    5'6 here and had to go pants shopping for work and the 16s didn't fit any more... Had to buy 18! Well that got me back here real quick... Weighed in at 240. I'm very busty and I'm the queen of thunder thighs! My pants always wear out in the thighs so quick haha.
  • kandeye
    kandeye Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 243, I wear size 16.
  • briskioh
    briskioh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" 230lbs and I wear a 16 usually.
  • szkodzt
    szkodzt Posts: 124 Member
    Options

So you are in a size 18 at about 233lbs? If this is true, then do you see my point about it being according to where you gain or lose weight? You lost 25lbs to get into some 18's; and I lost 65lbs to get from an 24/26 to a size 18. I think it is hard to measure how many sizes one might drop per 25lbs weight loss. Thoughts?

Yes - just getting into 18s at 233. I agree that body type is also a factor. I am a pear shape so typically my thighs are my largest worry, however, my waist is the largest it has ever been due to my high weight. As I continue to lose I assume that I will get back to my pear shape and then fit will go back to what I am used to.

I also agree with the poster who mentioned that there is a lot of room between the higher sizes. It is just hard to be between - everything is either too tight or too loose!
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I am 147 and 5'4" and wear size 6-8 pants. About 10-12 years ago when I wore a size 7/8 I think I was 135-145. I don't remember wearing 6 except when I was smaller like 120-130 lbs. But I have a old pair of size 8 jeans that really have no stretch, old school style. They fit. They are tighter around my middle though because I am holding my weight there, but not too much. I thought manufacturers were changing the sizes (and I still think a few have because I have a size 6 that fits like a 10), but I do think some jeans and pants now just have more stretch to them so they can accommodate more.

So I would try different brands, styles, and materials. You might still get into a 18 or less depending on those things I listed above.
  • TogamiByakuya
    TogamiByakuya Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    5'5" and I literally fit in pants size 3-7. It's more about the brand than the number, to be honest. If you're comfortable wearing mens sizes, they're more consistent. I haven't bought casual mens pants, but the dress pants give the waist and length and such, and in my opinion it's easier to death with.
  • hereforthelolz
    hereforthelolz Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and as of today 164 lbs. Most of my clothes are a US size 8, but I have 6's and 20's that fit too. Tops are a M or L, but I own a couple S's too. If there is no stretch in the arms I have to size up. I can do most sleeveless styles in S.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I once bought a size 8 and a size 14 dress at the same time in the same store. Sizes are weird.
  • nickisa28
    nickisa28 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and 119lbs. I wear a UK 10 but sometimes an 8. I'm in that horrible stage where one size is too big and the next down is too small :( I've found generally that every stone (14lbs) see's me go down a size. I tend to shop in same 3/4 stores because I know their clothes fit me well and obviously I like their clothes so I know it's not the 'different place, different sizing' thing.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    ahhh yes. pants sizing.

good times.

im 5'1. i carry most of my weight in my hips and rear end. which means to fit my hips ... its too big at my waist. I can literally simply pull almost all of my pants off, no buttons and zippers needed. LOL

so, typically i wear a 14 (at 180 pounds), but in the waist, i would be a 12 or even sometimes a 10. i started at 260 something pounds and a size 22/24 (2 years ago)

Now, i do have pants larger, and smaller, that fit, but the 14s generally, consistently fit. my pant range in my closet that fit run from (one) size 10, to (one) size 16. I figure those are anomalies on each end lol

in a dress, i wear a 10/12 typically. tops .... a medium or a large, depending on cut/style (bra size 38C)

go figure.