Feeling unattractive?

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    this thread is so sad

I think everyone feels ugly sometimes . I know im not ugly and most of the time i love myself even when i feel ugly and really insecure

i try to make a conscious effort to be nice to myself as much as possible because being mean to myself did nothing for me

I agree! I love your cute new profile photo. Especially your hair!
  • ridin599
    ridin599 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Feeling unattractive is pretty much a constant for me.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    I dont think that I am unattractive I am just tired of being "pretty for a big girl" like can't you just say im pretty its super annoying

It drives me crazy when people qualify their compliments. I have an aunt who does this all the time, she'll be like "doesnt she look so great for her age?" or "doesnt she have such a nice figure for her age?" I'm like actually, your daughter looks great, period, she doesnt need the "for her age" caveat.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Almost everyday
  • BinaryPulsar
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Usually in real life I get lots of compliments on my big green eyes, smile, dimples, body, especially my waist from people that dance with me, my dancing. So, that helps. But, a girl on mfp said I am gross, old, and creepy. I definitely like real life much better than the internet. And real life people can actually see me. And no one thinks I am old. People think I am nice, sweet, and sexy. But, I am going to spend less time online and even more time on my fitness and dancing. And with my real friends and community. It's more rewarding. I'm better at interacting in real life than online. Online is weird. And clearly I need to work even harder at my fitness, not only all the dancing I do.
  • corazombie
    corazombie Posts: 84 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Sign me up
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-31890-1425864298-24.gif

(Okay, I'm mostly posting this bc I deleted my comment and need to fill the blank space. But also bc :love: ...love this song!)
  • jenmar222
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Usually in real life I get lots of compliments on my big green eyes, smile, dimples, body, especially my waist from people that dance with me, my dancing. So, that helps. But, a girl on mfp said I am gross, old, and creepy.

You're still on about that jokey gif I posted? O_o

I never said anything about how you look...I would never make critical comments about someone's appearance (you are obviously very lovely and intelligent). I made a jokey comment about something you wrote. I've never seen anyone take such a jokey, inconsequential comment so seriously for so long.

If you feel the need to discuss further, we should IM (rather than be passive aggressive or derail threads.)
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Thank you. I'm sorry for misunderstanding.
  • jenmar222
    Options
    Thank you. I'm sorry for misunderstanding.

It's okay hun. Glad we got to talk :smile:
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    We all have our moments. I'm working on living whole heartedly, and feeling good about myself always just because I exist and have intrinsic value.

Read or listen to The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Yup. Mostly because I feel fat. Self esteem is something I'm trying to work on but it's a difficult process.
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,138 Member
    Options
    Me yes..but I think it interesting that as I read this thread...it seems that a whole bunch of attractive people are feeling unattractive....You should leave it to us professional unattractive people....lol
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    When people ask why don't I wear make up - I reply - because I'm gorgeous and I don't need it. This is my self esteem getting brash because others feel they have the right to judge me - however, I don't like photos and my self esteem vanishes when people suggest I use one for my profile pic ...
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I've been married to the woman of my dreams for 36 years. If she's happy with me that's all that matters. If others don't find me attractive, it ain't no big deal!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I can't see myself, except when I am shaving my head in the shower, so my looks matter little to me.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options
    It's weird but I usually think I look amazing (even when I don't!) Maybe I'm delusional but it works for me!
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I usually prance around like a hot to trot little donkey and then I see a picture and realize I'm actually just the donkey. C'es la vie. *trots away wiggling my donkey tail*