WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    heather - thanks for the Bea fix!!!!! she is so cute!
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Heather I can't imagine going into a kids nursery and seeing that every morning. Would be mighty difficult to start out with a bad day after seeing those eyes.

Went out and did our grocery shopping for the kids here for supper. I am making sloppy joes. I made them the weekend we had the family up for Trinity's birthday. That was the same day Charlie went into the ER and we found out he had a very inflamed and infected gall bladder. So he missed me making them with ground turkey. So he is going on my word that I didn't see any difference and both Michelle and Christina cook with it. And it was even cheaper than ground chuck. Then he ruins it and gets peanut butter no back chocolate cookies and chocolate ship cookies and wants to buy a chocolate cake. I convinced him to leave off the chocolate cake. I had already given my daughters a loving 'stern' talk about the fact that they are both either 40 or close to it and they still have a chance to turn their lives around and not allow the family genetics of heart disease. Michelle already is prehypertensive. They both have such orthopedic problems and I don't want them to hear those awful words 'no arthritis or antiinflammatory medicine for a year'. It changes your life.

Lisa, Glad you are back. Doing the small things to your warehouse will only increase the value.

Joyce, Indiana
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Hi all: Sounds like everyone is anxious for fall weather and routines. I am glad for the cooler weather. We are having guests for dinner tomorrow evening. If the girls come I am sure we will be getting the horses out. Won't they be surprised when they have to work for their dinner. Sundays are hard for me. It seems to be the day I get the least exercise and am inclined to eat the most. Need to figure this out and make a better plan.

Pip - Those nails look ready to ride. Don't they match your bike?

Katla - Glad you had a good trail ride. I hate having to jog to keep up and so does my horse but she is a short-legged little quarter horse and when we ride with tall long-legged horses like my friend's Tennessee Walker we often end up doing that because she just cannot walk that fast.

Hope everyone has a good holiday tomorrow, Sue in WA
  • ilikegardens
    ilikegardens Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Kim, Roast 'em! When the skins char put them in a paper beg to cool, then rub off yet he skins. Wear gloves. Then you can freeze some. Make chile replenish, put 'email in green chile stews. If you're a vegetarian you could make a stew with hominy.
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    :)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather That picture of Bea made my heart squeeze and made me teary-eyed...I can only imagine what it did to you! <3:'(<3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Katla - Glad you had a good trail ride. I hate having to jog to keep up and so does my horse but she is a short-legged little quarter horse and when we ride with tall long-legged horses like my friend's Tennessee Walker we often end up doing that because she just cannot walk that fast.

I have ridden Tennessee Walkers, about 40 years ago, and know from experience that they are able to cover a lot of ground in a short amount of time. It wouldn't be easy for a smaller horse to keep up. Perhaps your friend could circle around to stay with a pace your horse can manage comfortably part of the time.

Today is a new day for me. It is the first time I've had the energy and desire to go right back out and practice my riding skills the very next day. I think I may actually be ready to set up the lease I've been dithering about.

239603iu9tyt3tga.gif
  • GodMomKim
    edited September 2016
    Options
    ilikegardens -thanks, green chili stew I could do - but chili replenish? I googled it and only found one recipe and it linked to a dead end on pinterest....

Katla - between you feeling the energy and DH being more like himself, which has to lessen your concern... yeah!!!!
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    more goggling... the new mexico #9 pepper was planted in anaheim, ca and sold as an anaheim chile, the same seed planted in Hatch, NM is sold as a Hatch chile; difference is climate and terroir....
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    ok Pip - but raw? roasted? as chili rellanos?

Raw
  • pipcd34
    edited September 2016
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Hi all: Sounds like everyone is anxious for fall weather and routines. I am glad for the cooler weather. We are having guests for dinner tomorrow evening. If the girls come I am sure we will be getting the horses out. Won't they be surprised when they have to work for their dinner. Sundays are hard for me. It seems to be the day I get the least exercise and am inclined to eat the most. Need to figure this out and make a better plan.

Pip - Those nails look ready to ride. Don't they match your bike?

They do match my my bike
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day:
    VTreadmir- 13.03min, 4.0-12.0sp, Walkman is scissors @ 6.8sp, run @ 12.0sp = 13.05ap 155mhr, 1mi = 116c
    Other - 45min, 3 sits orf 10 or 15 @ 14-100#'s, 122 ahr, 149ahr =n 345c
    Total cal 461
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of the Hot Body Yoga. The plan for tomorrow is to do another segment of the Tone Trouble Zones DVD, hold my plank, then since the gym is not having classes and opening later, I have a BodyPump DVD that I'll just use their equipment and do.

Joyce - how I hope you're feeling OK so you can get to the amusement park and do everything you'd like to do. I've been reading how much that Icy Hot has helped you. Well, I have this pain in my lower back, right where the back meets the butt. Also, lately my elbows have been hurting. I'm thinking that the elbow is probably arthritis (yuk!) and it seems that one of the side effects of the Prolia is joint pain so I can't help but wonder if that's the reason for the lower back pain. Anyway, we had this Aspercreme stuff that's supposed to be good on pain so I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for the incentive. I really didn't want to use Ben Gay and have that smell. Update: still feel the back, but the elbows are great.

Lenora - when a member of Newcomers passed away recently and I bought a sympathy card, at that time Vince commented that maybe I should invest in stock of some of them. Well, the mother of another Newcomer just passed away. Maybe Vince had the right idea

Lisa - things are really going well for you, I'm so happy.

Let's see, exercised, then (and please don't ask me to explain this one) I asked Vince if he wanted to go to Mexican Train Tues. I really would like to work on the popcorn. He didn't want to go unless I went. Which is strange. He has never had a problem before going somewhere if I wasn't going. He goes shooting without me. Well, for some unknown reason this time he only wanted to go if I went. So....I caved in and decided to go. Had to run to Food Lion to get chicken, hash browns, soup, sour cream and cheese. Then realized that I really should have more sour cream, soup and cheese so had to go back to Food Lion. Made this casserole. If there is any left (and there probably will be), I'll just donate it. I work at the Green Room Thurs so I can run it by the soup kitchen right before then. After it baked went outside and helped Vince take this concrete thing (it was like a slab, it's as if when the people were building this house their concrete truck dumped some concrete there).
    We had to strap it to the tractor and then drag it to where we wanted it, then rolled it into the weeds. Then put down some weed killer, then strung some popcorn. I figure if I work at least a few hours every day, it'll get done in a few weeks. I really want to try doing it now because there isn't a lot of wind. Oh, did a load of laundry, rinse out our work clothes. After stringing popcorn made some chocolate rice krispie bars to put in the freezer for Vince for later in the week. I want him to finish the key lime pie and pineapple angel food cake first.

Lillian - so glad the sale was such a success

How sad - one of the trees' leaves are starting to turn. I always love summertime (and my pool)

They are going to have a retirement dinner for this lady from the church. I was thinking that it would be more of a pot luck and everyone would bring something. Then I can really use portion control. But there hasn't been any mention of which food to bring and I'm not crazy about having a full dinner, so if this is the case, I may just give her a retirement card and then leave. Which in the end might be a good thing since I won't have to guesstimate.

Sue in WA - I am one who will be missing the summer (and my pool)

Becca - I just love your openness (school starting...:) )

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    <3

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    19,000 steps
    193 minutes of dog walking
    45 minutes puttering in the garden

• ilikegardens
    ilikegardens Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    So sorry, Kim, My auto-correct changed "rellenos" to "replenish"! I was in a hurry and didn't check... They're great in eggs, too--you can chop up a corn tortilla and mix it with the eggs and chile, a bit of cheese if you want--migas! Yum!!

KarenE
  • pipcd34
    Options
    So sorry, Kim, My auto-correct changed "rellenos" to "replenish"! I was in a hurry and didn't check... They're great in eggs, too--you can chop up a corn tortilla and mix it with the eggs and chile, a bit of cheese if you want--migas! Yum!!

KarenE

In the middle of that you r supposed to b jack cheese
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    The kids had a great day and really missed my handicap pass to get quick access on rides. They missed some of the ones they always ride because of the 2 hour wait. They have this one ride that even though it has this African sounding name, the nickname is 'the toilet bowl' because that's what the ride is like. It has the swirl you are very quickly swirling around and then you are flushed and drop down into a pool. I will not ride that ride again.

The are so excited they are still babbling!!!!

Michele, Icy Hot has quite a smell, I think it is supposed to be a pleasant smell. I know it drives my cat crazy trying to find the smell.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: