Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    tracy we visit DC on Memorial Day every year as well, rolling thunder is amazing!

My DS sent me a reminder that my father would be 99 today if he were alive. Also the 99th anniversary of his favorite candy, " Goldenbergs Peanut Chews". This candy is still made in Philadelphia, originally made as a ration for soldiers in the war but became popular afterwards to general public--very hard to chew, it was strange seeing this very old fashioned candy in my mailbox today. And completely reminded me of my dad.
    NYKAREN
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Janetr, so sorry to hear the rash is only getting worse. I’m glad you will insist on testing to see what is going on. Wishing you a speedy recovery!!! (((Hugs)))

Charleen, good for you on not eating the whole loaf of bread. I’m happy for you that the neighbors have moved back.

Joyce, those were both pretty sad doggy stories. As I sit here with tears in my eyes. crying.gif

Barbie, thanks for the picture because I couldn’t even imagine you with extra weight. Ya still looked good!

Rebecca, welcome. Sorry to hear about the knee. That’s the first “weight loss accident” I’ve heard about. Congrats on your big loss 10 years ago and maintaining it. This is a great place for support and information. If you come here often and share what is going on with you, you will find many friends here. Some of us rarely go to our home page so don’t add friends to support there.

MaryMac, welcome to you as well. Please sign each post with the name you want to be called . It’s ashamed how a change in schedule can disrupt our good habits. And how those pesky pounds can sneak on to us without so much as a warning. Come often and good luck.

MA/UK, so happy for you and Toby that you got good biopsy results. happy.gif

Heather, sorry to hear about your news from each son. Hope you got a good rest.

\ pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I was tired and went to bed early. (before 10:00) I had a very difficult time going to sleep as my arm just below my shoulder was aching. I finally got up and took a pain pill and not sure what time I finally went to sleep. It didn’t last too long and was still hurting as I did sleep for a little. I woke totally awake before midnight and couldn’t go back to sleep. I finally got up and did a little work in my office. It’s now after 2:30 and I’m going to try again. I am sleepy so hope I can get to sleep. (This morning) I did get back to sleep finally and slept quite well the rest of the morning. I am going to the Moose meeting tonight. Thank goodness it’s not a night with food. Sometimes I do great at resisting and sometimes, not so much. Ladies I hope each of you had a good day and the world is treating you right.
    Sending love and good thoughts to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day! rainbow-smiley-emoticon.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Z
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    On my walk today, the sun was at my back and I could see the shadow in front of me. Shep was walking ahead of me. All of a sudden, I heard breaking of branches from behind. In the shadows cast in front of me I saw a tree falling from my right. I started to run forward. It just barely missed me as it crashed to the ground. It wasn't a huge tree maybe only 10 inches in diameter but enough to cause serious damage if not death if I had been hit by it! I'm glad God had my back! When I stopped running (probably only a few feet) I was only 3 feet away from it.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Yikes Mary~
    that would have scared the bejesus out of me.. glad your alright....
    worked all day, finally feeling a bit back to normal.. working 7:30-6 tomorrow will have to find something for Tom to have for dinner, and lunch..
    gonna go lie and bed and read, and have a sleepytime vanilla tea...
    tomorrow is our 19 anniversary, dont know if I will get a card or not, but gee the suprise of the car was more than enough..
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    :o
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Y
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Mary ~ So glad you heard the tree and ran!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Wow Mary thanks goodness your SPIDEY SENSES saved you!
    NYKAREN
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! The reality of how close that tree was to me it's freaking me out a little bit! It shows that life can change in a split second!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Purl62
    Purl62 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness Mary! So glad you are okay. How scary!
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Mary- that is insane! My heart is pounding for you! Guess your higher power was close by. Perhaps he knows how much we need you! o:)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    X
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,
    Peach – we are the same height and I weigh just 1.5 lbs more than you… my current goal is 150…

Fit4sure – if 930-950 calories is with a doctors overview that’s ok, but at that low it is really hard to get all the nutrition you need, and often doesn’t help with weight loss… Could you raise your calories up and get some additional exercise? I get the long commute, but kegels? Look online for some desk based exercises…. Mary does some serious heavy lifting – not sure what of it you could do with your knees but she gets a lot of calorie burn in a very short amount of time.

MA glad to hear about toby!!!!

Mary – HOW darn scary, glad you are ok!

We are having a hot spell, and I hiked this morning and then gardened for 2.5 hours, I was a sweaty mess! It’s 97 (f) outside – that is 20 degrees to hot in my opinion… LOL… cooler tomorrow - the violence in NY/NJ is concerning.

September Goals:
    2 fun things a week, Lizard saving, gardening in my own yard, Lunch with Kyle, lunch with a friend, worked at the water way clean up,
    Read and report on a book
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday
    Work on water consumption -

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Mary: Ack! How frightening. Glad your instincts kicked in. Is the universe trying to tell you something?

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 11.29min, 15.2amph, 140mhr, 2.9mi = 99c
    SPIN- 40min, 80r, 98w, 11-15g, 156mhr, 10.8mi = 341c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.43min, 12.6amph, 139mhr, 1.4mi = 74c
    ride dome 2 hm up church then loop- 19.37min, 8.7amph, 149mhr, 2.8mi = 183c
    total cal 697
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hello, Spicy Senoras!

She's ALIVE.... yes - I had an extremely busy weekend... The AC that we had fixed? Went out again... uh oh. The guy came back - and proclaimed it was a loose wire *whew* - which he re-connected and got the air back on.... uh, for 24 hours.

Today's verdict is that the reason it keeps shutting down is because the unit is old... (not news) and something about carbon build-up and overheating. So, he got it limping again and he will return tomorrow, when I am at home, and crawl up into the attic to see if I have to replace the WHOLE thing, or whether we can just get by replacing the outside part. *sigh* So color me broke - pretty much for the rest of my life.

Oh, and just for giggles, I also have to replace the backyard fence. With the AC replacement, looks like I will be doing that work, myself. Gee, just what I always wanted... something to do on the weekends.... for the rest of my life. The fence is something like 80 feet long.

So, in preparation for the AC guy, I spent most of my weekend outside working on the jungle around my AC unit.... I had to clear it anyway - since that portion of the backyard fence is coming down NOW, in preparation for me to start putting in a fence post here and a fence post there... I will be busy all winter - weather permitting, replacing short sections of fence.

Is there a "Construction" listing in the Cardio section of the exercise, here? lol. Might need that one over the next few months.

I didn't make it to the gym on Saturday or Sunday - but, Saturday I did a weeding session and Sunday I did two hours of weeding plus mowing the lawn - so... got my burn in that way.

The scale was happy this morning - so, my stats for the 24 week Christmas Challenge look good - but I can't change my ticker because I never made it to the gym on Sunday to capture that weight twice in a row. Guess I will have to wait til tomorrow. Here are the challenge numbers.

STARTING WEIGHT: 244
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 235
    TOTAL LBS LOST OR GAINED (THIS WEEK) : -1
    TOTAL LBS LOST OR GAINED (ALL WEEKS): -9
    GOAL WEIGHT: 220
    TOTAL LBS AWAY FROM GOAL:15

I thought of you folks - but, alas, I didn't manage to get in a lot of reading. I understand I missed some drama - glad about that, actually, as I have enough, but, I too hope that Miriam is lurking and will one day find it in her heart to come back to us. I will miss our Cat Loving Sister.

Mary - so glad you were able to dodge the tree. I think that's an Extreme Sport, right? ((Hugs!))

I am, of course, still swamped, so I am still short on time for replies... I hope I can get back to having that kind of time, again, soon - but, our dept is inheriting work from another... so, daily trainings, and other assorted fun stuff associated with that. Oh Joy, Oh Rapture.

Love you guys!

Hugs for Everybody!

Re in TX
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Hi all: We had major thunder storms here today. I don't think I like being in my metal roofed barn with thunder and lightning and rain pouring down. Now the sun is out but the horses are still standing in the shelter. Went to water exercise this morning. Good class but I think I am going to change to the harder one at 8:00 in the morning. Having homemade bean and ham soup this evening. I have started crocheting a scarf for my niece as a Christmas present.

Mary - So glad you are safe. That would freak me out too.

Pip - Glad you are safe too.

Barbie - Always good to remember how much we have accomplished. Unlike you I cannot crochet and ride the exercise bike at the same time.

"Never give in and never give up." - Hubert Humphrey

Take care all, Sue in WA