WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Joyce wrote "JanetR, so glad your rash is getting better but as long as you are taking the steroid it will stop the steroid and it will come back unless he finds the source. Steroid is just a very tuff bandaide. And if it is a year long thing I hope they are carefully monitoring you."

He's about 98% sure, and will know 100% when he gets the rest of the lab work back, that it has been caused by the Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV). He also has me on the anti-viral meds they give you for shingles, Valtrex , for six weeks. He may put me on steroids for two months when I see him Tuesday, depending on lab results until I am able to see my pCP when I get home in December. He has me on a very strong antihistamine and because of having had gastric bypass and so many meds he has me on Zantac. Something should either cure me or kill me. Lol. I appreciate your concern.

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Chris in MA , oh my I'm glad you are home safely now. That's definitely too much adventure. Your last couple of road trips have not been easy. (Hugs)))

Re Thank you for stepping up and actively joining me in my pain, but really it wasn't necessary for you to frolic in the poison ivy. :) Hope it clears up quickly.

Janetr okc
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    u
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Chris: I'm so sorry about your stressful weekend, but pleased for you that the flooded car was a rental and not your personal vehicle. (((HUGS)))

Re: I'm in agreement about the danger of horses but I think they're worth a bit of trouble PROVIDED they're not unstable or mean spirited. I know spooks & things can happen with any horse, but Arrow is too unpredictable for me to consider. I'll go forward with my one ride a week before I'll take that kind of risk. :noway:

Barbie: In my opinion "Advanced Age" does not apply to someone as vibrant and active as you. I like the term mature better. I understand that the passing of time means that we may heal more slowly than we would have at an earlier age. :grumble:

Janetr: It seems as though you've lucked into a good doctor while travelling. I hope you feel better soon. :flowerforyou:

DH came to the gym today and rode the exercise bike. He bought some toe straps to help him keep his foot on the pedal, and wants to do more to make it even better. He also worked hard enough to wear himself out. I'm happy about the effort and the success.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    Chris- I'm so glad you are okay! What an experience.

Barbie - thinking of you during this brief interruption of your normal routine. Take your friends up on their offers of help. It will really make them feel good and you will be happy that you did.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    frankiesgirl21 – Because she ‘thinks’ she is ‘entitled’ … she has absolutely NO filter on her mouth. Then she wonders why people get mad, and stay that way with her.

She tries to worm her way back into good graces by doing something nice. I am NOT falling for that ruse again. As far as I am concerned, if she never comes down here, it will be ‘too soon’. Karma was upset and now is locking doors with dead bolt to keep from being walked in on. That way, she will know that either we are not here, I am napping, or ... hopefully, she'll get the hint and go home (and stay there).

She’s pissed off the wrong person. I just hated that my DGDs had to witness this entire thing. Now, I know why they are the way they are. "Children Learn What They Live"

Re – So am I; but it like being stuck in a rotating door; or having caught your shoe laces in an escalator. Up one moment, down the next. Like a switch on and off, sometimes normal; other times flicking on and off so quickly it makes you head spin. I’d be willing to bet $$$$ 2 donuts that she is ‘bipolar’. Worse, however, than I EVER was. Every time she throws a fit like this I look at DH and ask, ‘Was I ever that way’? He tells me convincingly, “NO, ... I would have kicked you to the curb!”

barbiecat – Hope that all goes well for you and you have a quick recovery.

Lenora
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Chris, glad you're OK. Thinking about you and your mom. Been there.

On my first cup of coffee, then off to Dallas to see my sis. Taking the laptop, will check in. Love y'all,

Lisa in West, soon to be East Texas

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Oooooohhhh Chris - as you say, that is an adventure you did not need! :o So glad you are safe. <3

I did well at the dinner last night. DH's friend asked me if I was feeling virtuous. :laugh: Actually, although the food in general is pleasant, it is not unusual, or exciting enough for me to crave it. I had my favourite 'Duck egg on black pudding and brioche with hollandaise sauce ". I ate the egg and black pudding, which I adore, and just a bit of the hollandaise. I left the brioche. Then instead of a main course I had another starter, smoked salmon on beetroot with watercress. A bit of dressing. Delicious! I counted (guestimate) 500 calories for the meal. Then I had to add on a spritzer or two. :laugh: I always instruct them to put in 125 mls of dry white wine and fill up a large glass with soda water. :D Our friends did come back for a hot drink afterwards so I was glad I'd hoovered and put out flowers. Nice evening.

Today I'm going to try to make the little figure of Bea to go on her cake. ;):* I did that for Max and Edie, (for Margaret)so I guess I'll have to do the same. They each also had their favourite toy and a book. For Bea I'm going to do some bees. :D

DH off for the 3rd day of cricket . It's a very important match as they are trying to avoid demotion.

Love to all, Heather UK
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Kate UK

Good morning ladies it's another nice day here in NWUK in fact we've had a very pleasant week although the leaves are starting to fall. I do love Autumn. Even though we live in a city we are in the suburbs and have lots of parks and access to the coast so best of both worlds (for me anyway)

Have done 45 min Leslie Sansone video, now having cup of tea. Have to go to see the physiotherapist later about my back pain, the guy I saw first has now left and I'm seeing someone else. Hope he's OK

Love seeing pics of dogs and babies, they make you feel good, they are so innocent and loving

Hope you all have a good day
    Kate <3<3
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    re so good that your are blasting away stress with exercise--that is incredible :) you've got this !

The adults and kids I work with every Monday and Tuesday are not so friendly, I get the job done (been there for 17 years) but there isn't that little lift that you get when you feel compatible--it just isn't my style of climate or culture I guess--my reaction to the "cold" attitude has been to stay professional and it's only 2 days a week so I just crank it out and move on.

Chris recover from that weekend. Glad it wasn't your own car :s

Barbie. I hope you continue to feel surrounded by all the love and support you have around you in your real and "digital" community! We are here for you! Your good health habits, both physical and mental, are going to move you through this. I think somebody should video the new line dances so you can watch the new steps!

Counting down to parents weekend with DD in upstate NY- what a beautiful time of year to drive around the finger lakes!

NYKAREN
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Hi Kate UK - Your location sounds excellent - just what we are looking for if we make a move to Brighton/Hove. I want a quiet area, with parks and trees and access to the sea, but I also want to be near to local shops and within a short taxi ride of restaurants etc. I would love to be within 15 mins walk of my son's, so we can stagger home after a meal with them. All that is possible in Hove - but we would have to severely downsize.
    I have just received an email from him, in answer to one I sent to him, saying that they feel very positive about our moving to Hove, as long as we can have a good discussion about ground rules etc. For example, that their nanny is the main care giver. That sounds good. I do like things to be clear and out in the open. We certainly don't want to barge in. :noway:
    He also said that he thought we would find a "like-minded community" there. That is something I have been missing where I am. I only have made a couple of friends from yoga after nearly 6 years as I am very different from the locals. Well, I did live for 40 years in London!!! I am still dithering though, as I LOVE my house and the country views from my windows. :'(

Love Heather UK
  • pipcd34
    Options
    morning peeps
  • janetr7476
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) I had my pre-op appointment with my primary care doctor today...after all the questions were asked and answered, my only risk factor was "advanced age"....there were some blood tests including one that Medicare won't pay for...after that we met with a woman from Soroptomist to borrow a walker to use when I get home from the hospital. ..today was my last intermediate line dance class and it hit me as we were dancing the newest dances that I won't have the opportunity to work on them since today was my last chance...we went to lunch (our usual third Wednesday lunch at the Chinese restaurant next to where we dance)...all my dance friends offered to help me in any way that they could and I was so grateful for their friendship and their kindness.

<3 Barbie

Barbie, what day is the surgery? I have been thinking of you. I'll be praying for a speedy and complete recovery. Although our "advanced age" my be a hindrance, you are in tip top shape both physically and mentally. Wishing you the very best possible experience throughout this process. <3

Janetr okc

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    KJ ~ So sweet.

Barbie ~ Good thoughts for your upcoming surgery.

Heather ~ Does your DH actually play cricket or is he a spectator?

MikesMom ~ That's awful about being flooded.

Going to the dermatologist to have a sun damage spot looked at. I have to do this at least once a year. After years of broiling in the sun (I am very fair skinned) I have to keep an eye on things.

Carol
  • Masondc15
    Masondc15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have starting my "I'm going to live a healthier live" I have given up smoking, joined a gym 2 months back, one thing which has helped me a huge amount is drinking tea, yes tea, I started with a Detox Tea from The www.tea-and-coffee.com which
    for its antioxidants and low caffeine level, allowing it to speed up your metabolism
    Now after reading so much about the Health Benefits of Green Tea I thought I would give it a try and I now have a cup of Green Tea every morning which give you a pick me up and helps get your day off to a perfect start.
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    It's haircut day!

Marcelyn
    shaggy in Houston
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    KJ – Oh what a dear … I’d be holding him all the time. Such calmness, at least for this picture.

Mikesmom – Glad you were able to get to safety; walking in the deep of water is very dangerous. You could have been swept away … you really must be in good shape. Once, we went to the beach and on our way home, it had been raining a lot and through Donalsonville, GA the street was flooded at (or near) a cross-road. DH thought he could ride through it and car got flooded out. So, we got out of the car, and saw that the water was up to the bottom of the door. We got the car out by both us pushing it. He also had ridden through running water over the highway just outside of town. Rushing from a pond on one side of the road to the field on the other side.

Peach1948 – My MD froze off a spot I had had on my breast that was not a pre-cancerous lesion; and one off my back. The one on my breast never hurt; but, the one of the back felt like I had had a shot – with a vet’s needle for a horse! I could barely sit with my back on the chair. The next day, it was ok. Talk about being a ‘sun worshipper’ in HS, I was a lifeguard for 3 years and got twice as dark as I am now, at my darkest, from being out in the pool. About halfway into the summer, I was wearing a T-shirt over my bathing suit, a cap, and a pair of sunglasses. I figured my MD would really fuss at me; but, he said, ‘we didn’t know what we were doing by putting on only baby oil on and going outside all day’. We’d put iodine in the oil, thinking it would make us darker; probably all it did was stain our bodies. Now I put on Bullfrog or 50% sunblock. I use cold ‘aloe’ when we get out of the sun.

Masondc15 - I used to buy Lipton's diet green tea and drank it almost daily; but, then I got tired of it and started drinking Sparkling ICE Lemonade.

Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    07734 - My Karma has been upset, not quite over it.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Barbiecat take care