WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Barbie
    So glad they will fix you up to dance again.

For those of you who remember me I'm fine and well. Did a lot a lot of blueberry picking this year. Great exercise.
    I'm now trying low carb. And fasting as long as I can in the morning. 18 hours yesterday and 14 today. So not all bad. The less you eat the less you want to eat.

See you all lighter
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Oh dear I missed a few days !!! So skimmed through.... love the pictures of the colored stoves and fridges - they would be so cool!!!

And I missed the comments on aging..... ummm .....really hard to wrap my head around the aging thing. I have been meeting with pension people trying to "pick" pension plans and I just can't imagine what being 70...80 .... or even older looks like. I am 57 and I want my money "NOW", I want to travel and see things, so need money....not the little bit they want to divvy out monthly....The pension people keep telling me that I have relatives that are well into their 90's and a couple that have lived to be 102 and 104 so I should make sure I have enough money to live until then!!! Well maybe - I am sure my needs when I reach that age will be alot less than they are now!!

Watching the news this morning, the first lady of Iceland is from Canada, well how about that.

Today is my retirement luncheon - I haven't seen my co-workers since I started holidays on July 14th. Sort of excited to see some of them. A little stressed about seeing some of them.....

Have a great day everyone

Lillian in West Central Saskatchwan
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Masondc15 wrote: »
    I have starting my "I'm going to live a healthier live" I have given up smoking, joined a gym 2 months back, one thing which has helped me a huge amount is drinking tea, yes tea, I started with a Detox Tea from The www.tea-and-coffee.com which
    for its antioxidants and low caffeine level, allowing it to speed up your metabolism
    Now after reading so much about the Health Benefits of Green Tea I thought I would give it a try and I now have a cup of Green Tea every morning which give you a pick me up and helps get your day off to a perfect start.

I have a box of Green Tea in my cupboard - saying to me - get your head around this and stop the coffee thing and drink me.
  • Whitbygramgirl
    Whitbygramgirl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Morning one and all from Lovely Toronto! - I hope everyone is well. it's almost Friday!!! I love Green Tea - but I still have coffee - only 1-2 per day.

Have a wonderful day!!
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    KJ - Aaaahhhh! Sooooooo huggable. <3

Just heard from DDIL. She echoed my son's sentiments. Said there is a lot to talk about, but generally very exciting! :D<3:p

I'm afraid I have just chickened out of making the decorations for the top of the cake. I just didn't feel like it. Not in the mood. So I have ordered everything from Amazon. :D Bought a chubby baby, a monkey (Bea's comforter), some bees and ladybugs, some red and white toadstools and some red ribbon. I have a box of previously made yellow daisies, red butterfies and other things, including some blue butterflies if it needs another colour!!!!!!! Feel great relief that it's sorted.
    I've also bought her a silver plated money box, very cheap, as I did for her siblings. Having it engraved.
    I did buy the other two some Premium Bonds (a government scheme which has a draw every month, but you don't lose your money). It was very difficult for Edie as there is so much red tape now with any saving scheme, so I will have to get DDIL to do it. What a drag! They have to send in proof of identity etc. :s

Feeling much more settled now.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    Lillian- Happy Retirement! I agree with you about wanting to have a larger pension at a younger age so that you can enjoy your retirement. That is the route that I chose for myself.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,924 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »

Barbie. I hope you continue to feel surrounded by all the love and support you have around you in your real and "digital" community! We are here for you! Your good health habits, both physical and mental, are going to move you through this. I think somebody should video the new line dances so you can watch the new steps!

NYKAREN

:)<3 Thank you for your kind words....I am feeling positive about my ability to heal...what made me sad about the dancing yesterday was the feeling that my muscle memory was finally kicking in with the two new dances (one was called "Better When I'm Dancing" the other, "So Just Dance, Dance, Dance) and that won't be happening for a long time again....yes, there are videos of all the new dances so I'll be able to keep up at least intellectually.

<3 Barbie in NW Washington

• NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Chris - Glad you are OK. Similar thing happened to my cousin just this week. He was on his way home from work and got caught in a flash flood just a block from his home. Got out safely but had to wade through almost chest high water to get home. Their car is totaled.

Been trying to stay on track this week and have done a pretty good job. But, the batteries on my scale went out this morning so I'll have to replace them before I see if I've made any positive progress on the scale. Will begin to put together next week's meal plan today and figure out when a trip to the grocery store will fit into my schedule. We have the homecoming football game Friday night, a college football game on Saturday, then homecoming pictures for my daughter Saturday evening. Busy but fun time of the year.

Linda in IA
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    afternoon my lovelies~
    been a very busy day on my day off, first thing I did was visit my dear friend that lost her husband a couple weeks back. I made her chocolate cookies with caramel filling to take down to her and visited for a 1/2 hr..she cooks at her daughters restaurant/bar it's been family owned for years.. and anyway her husband was killed in a motorcycle accident a few weeks back, a patron ran in and said Laurie its, bad, real real bad, and she raced up the street, about 1/4 mile to where it happened and where he was, and when she saw him she just knew, that he wouldn't survive, called the kids, they flew him by helicopter to hosptial, operated, but no brain activity.
    they had to make decision,,,She is one of the strongest people I know battled breast cancer ,had double mastectomy,rallied through that 15 yrs ago Michael had a bad accident and same thing, but made it through that.. she told me this morning she firmly believes that when your time is up.. thats it.. she is my age 56 and a widow, her children are on there own...she has 2 dogs..and works every day.. she is just amazing, and I love her to bits...glad I could spend a little time with her.. then off to Walmart, then to check on beds, to expensive, the to see DD at work, she is just so adorable at the bank...think my Ex is going to lend money to her for downpayment on house... but would love to see it only in her name..finally will get DGD overnight Saterday. looking for a wondow birdfeeder for myself, have saved the money and it is something that brings me joy..
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Workout B
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85/95, 5X5X 100
    OHP- 1 X5X 45/50/55/60, 5X5X 55
    DL- 1X5X 140

Kettlebell Swing
    Russian kettle bell swing-20 X 10 X 35

Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge
    5 miles

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Allie - I had a former HS friend who was married to another former HS friend, he was extremely ill with a lot of health issues; he died about a year ago and she told me that even though it was expected anytime, you are never prepared when it happens.

I cannot bear to think of being without my DH (of 44 years) ... he is my rock, to the string attached to me, as a balloon. I'd be lost for a while without him. But, I hope I would be able to pull myself up by my bootstraps and get back to living.

Lenora
  • pipcd34
    Options

Copy catter
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Pip “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness.” - Oscar Wilde

Chris Good that you trusted your instincts and got out of there. Lots of people just don't believe they will drown in a car.

Barbie Lots of Olympians practice internal imagery to help them in their performances. Just sayin'...

Janetr Thanks for keeping us posted...hope this treatment works for you!

Karen in Virginia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Barbie - <3<3<3 We are all rooting for you!

Heather UK
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Been on a "staycation"@ at a resort in Dallas. Got to see track meet for dogs, volleyball tournament for DVD, and a soccer gamè. It was fun but I am glad to be home.
    Barbie - you will do great with your recovery due to the amount of exercising so you do. Those strong muscles will help you recover.
    Happy Birthday Heather.
    Hope all our NC friends are safe from rising water.
    SueBDew in TX
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Oh my bad auto. Correct. Track meet for DGS. Volleyball for DGD. Sorry about that.
    Sue