WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,
    I have been missing in action! I have been very sick and serious symptoms but i was in denial. Finally got to the place where I could not ignore. Went to the doctor scheduled a biopsy uterine cancer is what they suspect but it could be other things! The doctor just kept going over my stuff symptoms kept saying it just surgery we will remove etc but that just is hard to swallow! I pray she is right it is just! I haven't been eating right! At same time I have started studying out diet and cancer ! I can see the importance of not stop eating healthy! I will be stopping in just maybe as I can.
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Re: She's burb-a-licious, Dallas is just shorthand. She lives near one of the lakes northeast of BigD--near Princeton. I cut over to her house from Allen, staying at the Hilton Garden Inn... my favorite. Thank goodness it's a business expense, or I'd be sleeping on her floor--and she already has someone sleeping on her floor. :D a friend came in same time. No biggie... but they'll be working most of the day, and I'm at a loose end, unless my niece actually gets up at a reasonable hour. Already got the truck loaded, will take off early in the a.m. tomorrow headed west. Looking forward to it. There are far too many people breathing my oxygen and trying to fit their car in approximately the same spatial coordinates as my pickup truck. Rude.

Lisa in crowded East Texas
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth - (((((HUGS))))) I hope you have support during this difficult time. I had breast cancer 9 years ago, so I know what the anxiety feels like. The hardest part was telling my husband. :'(

Going to do a bit of memoir today. DH off for the last day of the cricket. It's still in the balance as to whether the team will have to go down from the first division.
    Carol - DH is just watching. It is Hampshire County team. Top level professional. He is a Member, which gives him certain privileges. He used to be a good club player at a serious amateur level. Probably one of the reasons his first marriage ended. :laugh:

Didn't get to sleep until 2 am last night and was awake at 6 am. Turning over the move idea and feeling very anti in the middle of the night. :o Feel more positive in the sunshine this morning. :D DH and I are making a good team at the moment and supporting each other. <3

Love Heather UK
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    Options
    Katla I think you are smart to be cautious about a horse with problem feet.

Not that I have major feet issue. I have recently started taking better care of my feet. I massage in coconut and peppermint oil in the morning and at night and then wear a loose pair of socks to bed. I am doing it as a preventative. One of the side effect for DH with his cancer is he has a number of plantar warts. My feet take so much and I have a couple of friends who have major feet issues and it has made their lives more difficult.

:heart: Margaret
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    :'(
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! It's FRIDAY!!! Doing the Friday dance this morning! Yesterday was a busy day, but it went well. The rain stopped and the kids and I were able to be outside for part of the day. We took a two mile walk. Which meant I only had to cover another 2 1/2 miles in the evening to get my 4 1/2 miles per day for the challenge! Yea! I am debating adding in my "mowing" that I have to do this weekend. It IS walking. Even harder than walking, pushing a mower up hills, etc. for 3 hours. I am just not sure I will be able to fit in 70 minutes of walking along with three hours of mowing. Time wise, it is the weekend, I don't work, so really not a problem; but ankle strength and pain...not sure if they are up to all of that exercise in one day. I really think I am feeling the 4 1/2 miles a day right now, because I went from virtually zero miles to 4 1/2/day. Oh well, it will get better.
    Eating and logging are going much better now that I am exercising daily. I know that, for me at least, they all go hand in hand. If I stop doing one, the whole thing falls apart. Seems odd that I would ever stop doing one of them, but it happens/has happened in the past. Even though I KNOW I am setting myself up for failure. Here's to continued "good behaviour" on my part. I haven't had alcohol or dinner out in two weeks; so I am going to do so this weekend. Probably just something light from some where for dinner and a beer to go with.
    I finished watching The Queen, with Helen Mirren, last night. I actually began watching it because I do love Helen Mirren. I think she has just been wonderful in everything she has been in. Do our women from the UK enjoy her, also? Heather, Kate, Margaret/(Meg) ? In watching the movie, I was struck with the thought of really, how the royals felt about Diana, the dissolution of the marriage, and the media explosion surrounding everything the family did. I do realize, that like most movie portrayals, much of it may be sensationalism, at it's best (or worst). Just interesting. I do like the fact that the Queen drove herself around the countryside in her range rover.
    Elizabeth - So sorry about what you are going through right now! I hope the doctors have some good news for you! Please come back soon and often and glean whatever love and support we can give you! Prayers and good thoughts to you!
    Re- Time off! It feels so good. And it does make cooking and cleaning less of a chore if you don't have to do it after a long days work. Enjoy your time meandering through the countryside!
    Frankiesgirl- LOL! Well, I hope your rant was able to let off a little steam. It does suck when it disappears, though. Hope your day/night got better! New day=new beginning!
    Well that's all I have time for. Hungry kids arriving!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Re

c0106.gif

I'm fine, just not much to contribute.

Karen in Virginia
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    KJ - Yes, I do like Helen Mirren and enjoyed The Queen, though I'm not a Royalist.

I've just booked my Alhambra tickets online. I thought there would be no problem in October, but the Friday was sold out, Saturday only had 7 pm , so I had to go for 8.30 on Sunday morning. :noway: I expect they do have walk up tickets, but I hate queuing. I have to exchange my email for tickets at the town centre ticket office. At least we will have plenty of time as we arrive in Granada on the Friday. Managed to get senior citizen ones. :D That definitely means we will be getting an expensive taxi back to Malaga as I will be tired after the visit. Otherwise it's a short taxi ride and a long bus ride. :s Time to treat ourselves. We are not hiring a car, so we're saving money that way.
    The Alhambra is the Moorish palace on top of the hill in Granada. Beautiful formal gardens and architecture. The south of Spain was governed by the Moors for around 700 years. Until Columbus sailed to America.
    We are also going to Cordoba, which has a fantastic mosque that was turned into a cathedral when the Catholic king and queen reconquered Spain. And the largest UNESCO Old Town in Europe.
    Getting excited about it now. I've been brushing up my Spanish and DH has learnt a bit.

I had a sudden, uncontrollable urge for pasta this lunch time. Haven't eaten it in sooooooooooooo long as I do go lower carb these days. Treated myself to 300 calories plus a teaspoon of olive oil, garlic, fresh chilli, and sage from the garden. Lots of black pepper and some salt. Heaven! >:) 350 cals. :D
    Tonight is Moroccan Chicken with Preserved Lemon and Olives. Rice for DH. Just frozen peas and broad beans for me. I haven't been able to shop for 4 days as DH has had the car. Run out of fruit and veg. He might pick up something on his way home, depending on when the cricket finishes.

Love Heather UK
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Lilly may
    Enjoy your luncheon and we are in the same boat re=hubbies retirement they fixed his pension to last until he is 90 years old. I don't believe we will have the same needs then. But if I'm fortunate to live that long don't want to try and make it on old age pension neither.

IremicRe
    Yes I'm kinda liking this fasting woe. It is great for my b/s. Bringing levels down to a more normal range.

Barbie
    I can see you dreaming of dancing when the doctors are working on you. Don't give them a hard time with the hip wiggles when there working lol.

Katla
    I know how you love horses but to lease one with foot problems could cause harm to the animal or you. What is the owner thinking time to put the old gal to pasture.

As for me yesterday was a bad bad day. But low and behold wii said no harm done. Now to be supper good today. I'm right now on a 14 hour fast will be eating soon tummy is growling that's good.

See you all lighter.
    Linda in Northern Ontario woke up to our first frost this morning.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    t4624.gif

Cheri
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    20 minute soul bearing rant wiped out by iPad..... Karma hates me.... Today sucks.

Sorry, sweetie, sending big (((hugs))).

Janetr okc
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Charleen This is what we call a "Happy Problem". CONGRATS1 Enjoy clothes shopping or how about a clothing swap with a smaller family member or friend?

I've picked up a few pair of smaller sized pants from my older/skinnier sis that way. And don't forget salvation army and Good Will, lots of good almost new clothes.

NYKAREN

• frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Wow.... Sitting here with some chocolate peanut butter thingy that a co worker brought. Some healthy type of thing she found the recipe for.... It is so good but honestly so rich that I don't know if I can finish it.... who would have thought that would ever happen.

You know, all said and done the deleted rant didn't matter so much in itself. I was nice to yell at Karma. Thanks all!

Elizabeth-sending good wishes and thoughts!

Charleen-Yea!!! Now the quilt show will be 2x as fun!!!

Tracey
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 3x5x40
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 22x7x40
    Week 3, day 3 of transition from 35-40 pound Kettlebell.

Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge
    3 miles

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    :|
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Charleen
    To big of clothing wish it was my problem I think I'd wear them just to show how far I've come. Enjoy the quilt show and happy shopping but don't buy to much if your not done losing.

For me I just went 5 hours from my last liitle bit of food and now having a little salad. Going to make a nice supper.

See you all lighter.