Other people's reactions to your weight loss or diet

Options

Replies

• sfa90
    sfa90 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yesterday someone made a comment, but I didn't really liked it. She was screaming at me ohhh you lost at least 25kg, I've lost 15kg but ok. After she said I look soo fantastic and beautiful.
    I guess I should feel happy when someone tells me I look amazing, but I feel like oh so before I looked terrible? I don't know I prefer people don't say antything about my weight loss.
  • poolchicko5
    poolchicko5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5'' and 143lbs and I've been like this off and on for about 14 years. I'm 30. Any time I lose weight people tell me I look sick. Any time I talk about losing weight and getting in shape people like to tell me how great I look and don't need to lose anything. :/ It's really discouraging either way because I'm not comfortable with myself. Having cellulite/flabby tummy and arms has stayed with me more on than off because of these comments. I'm trying hard again and have gotten my boyfriend to be firm and supportive when I try to make excuses. :)
  • katanak9
    katanak9 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    NAP150 wrote: »
    Most people have been really supportive and I have this one man at a club I belong to make such a big deal the other day it was actually embarrassing as he would not stop, He is not a close friend and he continued to make a big deal after I had thanked him for noticing. Anyone else have anything like this happen and how can you handle it as I felt he was actually making a bit of a scene at the club.

I would fart really loudly. But I'm pretty uncouth. :laugh:

Best. Response. Ever! My hubby and I cracked up at that.

• jroth261
    jroth261 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just think it's bizarre who even notices. I've lost weight a few times before and it only seems to be coworkers or casual acquaintances that throw you a compliment. I know it's harder for people you see everyday to notice it, but still, after a certain point, it's like "hello! something different about me?!" The most weight I lost before wasn't intentional, it was due to stress, and I was actually just barely underweight. Nobody said anything while I was shrinking except a distant relative.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!