Like Minded Lushes - July 2010

Options
OK all you lushes, the bar is open.

As I posted under the original Like Minded Lushes topic, I think we should have a new topic for every month. That way we can track goals and easily go back to see how we have made progress (hopefully!). So hopefully you all found your way here.

As for myself, so far I have lost 16 pounds. I would like to lose another 10 by the end of July.

As far as alcohol, I appear to have zero willpower so for this month I think just getting down to ONLY drinking 3 nights out of a week (doesn't matter if it's weekend or weekday) would be progress. I am not foolish enough to think I can do only weekends and my visitation with my children doesn't lend itself to that anyway.

Who's next?

Replies

• tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hi Dave!!

Think i'm good shooting for weekends only... my weightloss has been good so far (and I dont think the alcohol mattered), which was the reason I fasted from liquor in the 1st place. But overall I feel lighter without drinking during the week though.

16lbs is good!!! Keep up the good work
  • alisonengland
    alisonengland Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose 3 stone by next week...oh hang on...is this not the 'I Live in a Fantasy World' thread???

Actually, if I lost 5lbs by July 29th I would be ecstatic!

I too will go for three nights (or less) a week. Until I get to Fort Wayne Indiana where every night is party night I hear!! :wink:
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I am going to shoot for only two days a week regardless of day. I have only started on my journey and I am hoping for another 5 gone before the end of July. Good luck to all....We can do it!!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I am aiming for 5 pounds gone in July and weekend only drinking. Friday cannot get here soon enough this week. only one more night. I can do this, I can do this , I can do this.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I'm going to drink only about twice a week, although that's about what I do now, so I guess it's not too much of a goal. However, this goal will start AFTER the holiday weekend! :blushing:

And I'm also aiming to reach my 1st mini goal by the end of July......that's only about 1.5 lbs from where I am now, but I've been struggling with these last 10 lbs (more or less) for SO LONG that I wouldn't be surprised if I STILL didn't make it! :grumble:
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    Two dry days per week for me is my goal, intending to increase that as my stress level allows :bigsmile:
  • mrsyatesy
    mrsyatesy Posts: 173
    Options
    I can't believe it's taken me so long to find this thread!!!
    Hello - I would like to join too :drinker:

I have usually a balanced week where normally I don't drink (more because I have to get up at 6.30 every day than because I don't want to - but if a nice cold beer comes my way I will probably have it!) - however my weekends are usually at least one night on the pop - and whilst I ahve had to give up my love of red wine (no off button on that one) I find Prosecco a mighty fine replacement !!

So pleeeaaasse can I join? I don't think drinking in moderation is harmful, just like I don't think exercise is harmful either - I find it's a happy balance!
  • ivygirl328
    ivygirl328 Posts: 121
    Options
    So, July doesn't actually start until the 5th right?:smile: I make no pretence of abstaining for the first four days of the month. My goal is to lose 10 pounds by month end, but I know that's not going to happen. So, five? Five would be good.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to cut out my Friday night wine...or my Saturday cocktails... The one thing I'll say is I'm more aware of what I intake now. Trying to stay away from the ultra refreshing summertime beers and sticking to measured vodka and diet. I wonder what is in store for me this 3 day weekend :wink:
  • purplepony33
    Options
    I can't believe I didn't find this message board sooner! I try to think more about how MUCH I drink than about how many times during the week. I kind of think if I have a bottle of wine on Saturday, maybe I should skip it for a few days. However, if I have only a glass or two, why not a glass or two more the next night? Silly, probably, but you gotta keep it real, I guess. Also, 5 lbs by end of july would be awesome. At this point, I'd take 3 by the end of July. Brick wall time here. This same ten pounds...UGH.
  • naturebaby
    naturebaby Posts: 161
    Options
    Hi all..my goal is 6 drinks per week (3 nights) :ohwell: and hope to be less bloated :embarassed: by end of July..
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I've been pretty good at sticking to my goal of only drinking at weekends and my weight loss has for the most part been steady, I will aim to keep to this. I've actually passed the target weight I set for myself as I guess I wasn't expecting great things so set a fairly achievable target. I haven't been this light for about 3 years and it's great to have better fitting clothes. Though a few more pounds off would be better :happy:
    I guess my goal should be exercise related. I'm having to take a bit of a break from exercising as I had some injections in my back yesterday to help my back pain. From experience I know the next few days my back tends to be sore and stiff before I see a positive effect. My aim is to get back on track fitness wise and push myself as hard as I can while I am pain free. I will also aim to cycle to work as often as I can.
    I am looking forward to my bottle of wine this weekend. I was at my son's school fair earlier and we won a bottle of wine, I was already looking forward to drinking it when the 'nice' lady running the stall offered to swap it for some chocolate for him. Guess what he chose.....yep mummy's bottle of wine got swapped for a bar of chocolate :cry: Just as well I'd already ordered one to be delivered with my shopping :drinker:
  • run_way
    run_way Posts: 220
    Options
    Ha, I love this topic. Alcohol definitely throws a hitch in my diet plans - I had been doing pretty well for the last week, just having a glass of wine with dinner or diet Sprite with Bacardi.... Then last night my husband and I got a wild hair and drank almost an entire bottle of tequila making margaritas, or "little margarets"as we ended up calling them ;)

I posted a topic a couple days ago about low-cal alcoholic drinks and got a few good suggestions if you want to take a look...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/103624-low-cal-adult-beverages
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    I'm going to set my goal for 4 nights of drinks,and my goal weight to loose by months end will be 6 lbs.

I'll write more later still at work.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Well, my goal is 4-6 pounds a month, although my CrossFit trainer said that's very lofty and I'll need to be extra disciplined. That said - I start my holiday tomorrow and I know any discipline toward alcohol will be out the door. I don't have any problem focusing on my nutrition, but... welll... you know..
    If I can focus on working out 4-5 days a week, then I usually have no motivation for alcohol at night (unless it's been a particularly difficult day with the toddler tornadoes).
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I was already looking forward to drinking it when the 'nice' lady running the stall offered to swap it for some chocolate for him. Guess what he chose.....yep mummy's bottle of wine got swapped for a bar of chocolate :cry: Just as well I'd already ordered one to be delivered with my shopping :drinker:

What a B!tch...who does that???
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Well, I had a pivotal moment yesterday...Went to Champps sportsbar where I do believe it is unethical to not drink alcohol...However, I did it....drank water...didn't feel right tho:cry:

Oh, goals...well monitor drinking...now that I am keeping track I realize what a true lush I am...definitely try to keep it between 10 and 15 per week and slowing wean myself if possible...otherwise I may go in to detox with seizures...wouldn't want that to happen...would like to lose 6 lbs this month
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    Well, I had a pivotal moment yesterday...Went to Champps sportsbar where I do believe it is unethical to not drink alcohol...However, I did it....drank water...didn't feel right tho:cry:

Oh, goals...well monitor drinking...now that I am keeping track I realize what a true lush I am...definitely try to keep it between 10 and 15 per week and slowing wean myself if possible...otherwise I may go in to detox with seizures...wouldn't want that to happen...would like to lose 6 lbs this month

good for you ,that's discipline.I think I've managed to go to the usual similar environment maybe twice in my life and defer the drinks!
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon so hard last night I think I cracked my skull. That would certainly explain the headache. :ohwell:
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I have been doing pretty well limiting the alcohol,
    however
    I now have chilled low cal tonic and ice and lemon and lime and GIN way hey
    yesterday evening sitting in the courtyard listening to the crickets FABBY and I is gonna do the same tonight!!!!! only 6pm so gonna hang on a while yet or I'll be trashed by 9
    I want to lose 5 lbs this month, should be possible