Like Minded Lushes - July 2010

Options

Replies

• mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD! Seriously???? If I were yall I'd be asking for a discount... I MEAN COME ON!!! Now your scarin me for water parks here! Hang in there and you and your girls will make it!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Yikes on the whole water park thing. I think I would need a drink after that.

anyway i made it thru yesterday so I am going strong. come on Friday!!!!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Yikes on the whole water park thing. I think I would need a drink after that.

anyway i made it thru yesterday so I am going strong. come on Friday!!!!!

Are you on Day 2...I am also hoping to make it to the weekend...let's hang tough...I want to see the scale move
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I worked as a lifegurard for years (in my young and thin days). Poop in the pool and used tampons on the floor were all too common.
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I've got two words. Dis Gusting. Seriously? People are such pigs!
  • rjadams
    Options
    another day successfully acheived. two more evenings and it will be Friday. I am starting to feel really positive about making it thru this week. :bigsmile:
  • princesspurple
    Options
    I have cut out whiskey and twisted teas, and now i am just drinking red wine!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Had a beer and a wine cooler at my boyfriend's family reunion on Sunday, and one glass of plum wine last night with dinner. I never really defined when my "week" begins, so I guess if I want to drink again before Sunday, then my weeks will start on a different day! :laugh: My budget week starts on Fridays (b/c I get paid every other Friday) so I might make that my alcohol week start too.
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    another day successfully acheived. two more evenings and it will be Friday. I am starting to feel really positive about making it thru this week. :bigsmile:

Awesome! I have to think that much like exercising, abstaining starts to pick up its own momentum the longer you go. Of course, I can't speak from experience.

Great job to everyone who has made it this far this week! Just make it through tonight then it's party time!
  • rjadams
    Options
    thanks for the encouragement Dave. I made it thru last night. tomorrow is Friday, I can tast the wine, vodka, and rum already but I will be strong and wait until then.
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Lushes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm back from a two week vaca in rural New Brunswick. Yes rural. SHOULD have ='d a LOT of drinking but alas, I got a chest cold :( Not only did I not drink, I couldn't bring myself to eat anything "bad" because it didn't feel worth it if I couldn't taste.

Of course I got home and had 5 days to hang out in my backyard by the pool (SOOOOOOOO thankful I have my own pool after reading THIS thread eh?). Despite the 5 days of fun, I managed to weigh in on Sunday at my lowest weight so NO DAMMAGE!

Been finding my "no weekday" drinking rule pretty easy to stick to. I think it helps that I partake in smoking wacky tabacky on a daily basis ;) I've even manged to swap "sitting around watching TV while munching" for "swimming naked in my pool" at night! LOOOOOOOVE summer!

This weekend is going to be a crazy one though! There is a big free concert in the park festival all weekend and my favourite Indian Restaurant has a booth. Booze and Indian food....how can I resist :)

Glad to be back!
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    this thread of worst drinks is shocking (and for a change they are picking on all alcohol drinks.
    they're listed as a count down #20 to #1
    read and then promise- never, never, never
    -always go for the red wine instead!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/106935-20-worst-drinks-in-america-2010?page=1#posts-1475573

going out with friends tonight. we're headed to our favorite hangout, which now days has a "skinny" drink selection of 8 different 90 to 100 calorie drinks. i'm thinking i can have two. now i just get the fun of deciding which one. last week it was the vodka lemon drop. today, i'm thinking of rum.....
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I made it thru last night. tomorrow is Friday, I can tast the wine, vodka, and rum already but I will be strong and wait until then.

Well done, you have put me to shame as I gave in to the call of a cold beer (actually 2) on Tuesday evening. Haven't got my bottle of wine in for the weekend yet, might just settle for vodka as that's the only alcohol I have in the house.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    last night was delicious - knocked down a bottle of south african blend (Faithful Hound - I highly recommend it), sat outdoors under the gazebo with my husband listening to the Jazz Masters and the kidlets playing in the yard. It was heavenly!
  • rjadams
    Options
    ITS FRIDAY!!!!!! I am doing the happy dance. I made it thru the week and I finally got the scale to move after a 3 week stall. I am down 2.8 pounds!!! I am so glad I made thru the week and the wine is chillin for this evening.!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    ITS FRIDAY!!!!!! I am doing the happy dance. I made it thru the week and I finally got the scale to move after a 3 week stall. I am down 2.8 pounds!!! I am so glad I made thru the week and the wine is chillin for this evening.!

YAY for Friday, YAY for the weightloss and double YAY to the wine. Enjoy :happy:
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Haven't had a drink since Monday (Yay!).

Today's goal is to motivate myself and be the person I can to myself by eating right & exercising so that I can get to a healthier BMI/weight.
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    People, THIS is why we drink:

Me, yesterday morning, on the scale, at my lowest weight ever since starting MFP. Whoo hoo! Had a bad headache all day yesterday, and didn't feel like drinking last night. Was going to have a beer but decided not to. My first day with NO alcohol in something like 2 weeks. Today, me on scale. UP TWO POUNDS. WTF?????

I'm drinking tonight.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    awe Tabbydog... I've been there.. It is frustrating for sure!

Well I made it the whole week without drinking. Had enough cals tonight to drink!! I'm on my second beer... however I'm behaving.. it's a MGD 64. We'll see if I can have any more.. after my deliciuos FILLING dinner... I'm actually not sure if I want any!

Tomorrow will be a drink night! goin to a local "festival" WOO WOO!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Been friends with beer all week. Guess I didn't get out of "vacation mode."

Oh well, Monday will be here soon.