Options

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Friday night - 2 smirnoff twists
    Saturday night - 3/4 bottle of wine
    Sunday night - 1 glass of wine

Today starts HOPEFULLY a month long dry spell :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :noway: :sad:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    OK, made it thru the week with only 2 nights of heavy indulgance

Plan is to go to Thursday for an evening out...I'll go from there...baby steps

Pam, good luck with the month long dry spell :flowerforyou:
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Well, this is my first dry night in recent memory. We'll see how long the streak lasts, but it's a start!
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    you can do it ~waterboy
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    a streak of one is better than a streak of none. i 've got two nights down now. You can do it.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Well, this is my first dry night in recent memory. We'll see how long the streak lasts, but it's a start!

Bottom line...If I can go a minimum of 3 nights...you can too...I have no willpower when it comes to tipping a cocktail
  • surlydave
    Options

Bottom line...If I can go a minimum of 3 nights...you can too...I have no willpower when it comes to tipping a cocktail

Three is probably what I am shooting for. My kids are staying with my parents all week and my boss is also gone, so that's not helping me fight urges.
  • jendykstra67
    jendykstra67 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I haven't posted on this board for a while because I was trying to not think about how much drinking I did over the past week. I feel like a little kid... if I pretend it didn't happen then it really didn't happen. :blushing:

But the fact is I did drink a LOT. I had some family issues, which led to long chats with my sister over many glasses of wine. Then my new nephew was born, which of course meant we had to have some champagne toasts. And I went camping on Wednesday. Any camping experience is not complete without drinking! (And what else is there to do when you're stuck inside a tent during a rainstorm? The kids and I played Uno while I drank juice and Malibou Rum) And finally, I came home from the camping trip to find my basement flooded. That led to two intense days of cleaning and lots of emotional drinking/ eating.

So, I gained 1.5 pounds last week. I'm doing much better this week, but I'm not giving up alcohol entirely. Today I earned 300 calories through exercise, so I figure that entitles me to 3 light beers. I'm having my first one now!

Jen
  • nisijam5
    Options

Three is probably what I am shooting for. My kids are staying with my parents all week and my boss is also gone, so that's not helping me fight urges.

Hey, it's a goal...
  • rjadams
    Options
    why is it so hard today? :angry: All day all I've wanted to do is eat (I haven't given in though) and now all I want to do is have a drink or four. Its tougher than usual today. :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    why is it so hard today? :angry: All day all I've wanted to do is eat (I haven't given in though) and now all I want to do is have a drink or four. Its tougher than usual today. :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Hmmm, habits die hard...mind over matter, right?? Yeah, I think I got it...
  • sheryleg
    sheryleg Posts: 6
    Options
    A whole bottle of Moet last night - not a pretty sight this morning and didn't even think about getting on the scales but boy was it good and to get a whole bottle to myself - I couldn't possibly leave some in the fridge to go flat.

No I wasn't drinking alone but everyone else was drinking beer and didn't want wine - who was I to complain about that.

Now how many calories are there in a bottle of champagne and how long does that relate to on the treadmill?
  • surlydave
    Options
    Day 2 in the books. Now for what I think is the "tough" night of the week. I normally have my kids for a few hours tonight, which would make it easy not to drink, but they are out of town. I lifted yesterday so this is pretty much a cardio day. I really want to go for a bike ride but did I mention that some f****r stole the rear tire from my bike last week? I mean seriously, who does that?
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    back to day 1... Had 1 darned Coors Light last night.... is that even beer?
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Day 2 in the books. Now for what I think is the "tough" night of the week. I normally have my kids for a few hours tonight, which would make it easy not to drink, but they are out of town. I lifted yesterday so this is pretty much a cardio day. I really want to go for a bike ride but did I mention that some f****r stole the rear tire from my bike last week? I mean seriously, who does that?

wow.... just the rear tire? I've seen people in the movies take their tire so people won't steal their bike....
  • rjadams
    Options
    yep fail last night. gave in to the vodka. oh well.

Read an article in Allure mag today that says women who had healthy BMI's that had 2 drinks per day were 30 % less likely than non drinkers to become overweight or obese. those that had 2-7 drinks per week were 14 % less likely. so thin women can drink moderately and not be prone to gain because of other healthy habits. I think this means there is hope. :bigsmile:
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    People in Boulder tend to remove their wheel(s) or the seat. Bicycles and laptops are the top things stolen on campus.
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    I had the heel of a bottle of chardonnay last night. Not even a full glass. And I stopped at that. That is unusual for me. But I was down a pound this morning - so it was all worth it.

smwert
  • nisijam5
    Options
    back to day 1... Had 1 darned Coors Light last night.... is that even beer?

Nope, it's piss water
  • nisijam5
    Options
    yep fail last night. gave in to the vodka. oh well.

Read an article in Allure mag today that says women who had healthy BMI's that had 2 drinks per day were 30 % less likely than non drinkers to become overweight or obese. those that had 2-7 drinks per week were 14 % less likely. so thin women can drink moderately and not be prone to gain because of other healthy habits. I think this means there is hope. :bigsmile:

Then, why am I here...I should be skinny