Like Minded Lushes - July 2010

Options

Replies

• jendykstra67
    jendykstra67 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    CALLING ALL TECHNICALLY MINDED LUSHES.......

got a bit of a prob n cant solve it myself so thought i'd call m'aidez!! m'aidez!!

I am an avid user of the ipod touch app and I love it. I now am starting the C25K and have downloaded the podcasts.......they sound fine on my pc but awful on my ipod, digitally and horrid - I have not found a solution to this does anyone have any ideas please coz I just cannot listen to them as they are.

Thanks oh and yeah I am really dumb so any responses in very plain english please, ta!

I don't have any idea how to solve your technical problem, but I wanted to let you know that I'm starting C25K too. Tomorrow will be my first workout, so if you want a workout buddy let me know.

Jen
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    hung over. too much captain morgan. really glad I don't drink during the week any more cuz I feel like crap today. :sick:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Just tried to calculate my diary for last weekend. UGH. Drank my weight in vodka Friday. Tried to take it slow the next day by taking my own wine to a bbq. After my 4th glass I played a round of beer pong and promptly consumed 3 beers. (I'm not very good at beer pong) Switched to water. After the beer bloat subsided had several shots of 3 Olives. I know this was just a holiday weekend splurge but seriously!

I will say that we had another bbq yesterday and I stuck to water all day. Really had no choice after the previous 2 days :sick:
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    F'ING SCALE! That's all I am going to say.
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Well, I am going to try not drinking at all until the weekend. I did some partying this weekend and the one before (marriage anniversary). So no alcohol until Saturday, hubby and I are meeting up with another couple to celebrate a birthday.

Today's mini-goal is to not drink at all and hop on the treadmill for 45 minutes.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    OK, so I have 545 calories left for today and a chilled bottle of white wine in the fridge, it is soooo hard to stick to not drinking til the weekend.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    White wine is "da debil" in the summer for me, so I feel your pain! I have some as well calling to me.. and only 1 more day of decent taste....
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I have returned after a 5 day binge on alcohol...oh, man...why do I do this to myself:sick: :sad:

So, today is Wednesday...that's only two days until the weekend!!! I am going to have to abstain a bit this weekend!!! Wish me luck
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon this weekend. Actually, I guess to say that I fell off would imply I was on it to begin with. I should say that the f'ing thing ran over me. And then backed up. I drank all day every day Sat-Mon. Didn't get loaded, but was sitting out in the sun and drinking a beer here and there. I think I had at least 7 every day. SIGH. I consider last night a success because I only had one. It is hotter than the hinges of hades here. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I fell off the wagon this weekend. Actually, I guess to say that I fell off would imply I was on it to begin with. I should say that the f'ing thing ran over me. And then backed up. I drank all day every day Sat-Mon.

I built the truck and put the cooler on there
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Cheers everybody!
    Am sitting under my tree watching the sun go down.....gin n tonic (slimline of course coz I am on a diet.....munching olives
    All is well
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Cheers everybody!
    Am sitting under my tree watching the sun go down.....gin n tonic (slimline of course coz I am on a diet.....munching olives
    All is well

All is perfect!!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Making pasta for my boyfriend tonight, and there's been a bottle of wine chilling in my fridge for....I dunno, at least a week. FAR too long, I know! But HE bought it and left it at my place, so I felt that I couldn't drink it without him! But we're drinking it tonight, by golly!!
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    No alcohol yesterday (yay!) and I also got on the treadmill yesterday too (yay!).

Tonight's mini goal is the same as yesterday - no alcohol and treadmill for 45 minutes....
  • alisonengland
    alisonengland Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Monday- 4 beers (necessary as I was at a conference and it's illegal not to drink at academic conferences-its the only chance you get to persuade people not to heckle)

Tuesday- none, way too hungover

Today, one wine to celebrate Spain beating Germany!

So not too bad...:smile:
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    F'ING SCALE! That's all I am going to say.

Yeah, that. I am having *major* issues. I just got back from vacation/unrestrained drinking, and I will not even enter my current weight into MFP. Does anyone know what happens when you log a weight higher than your starting weight? I am envisioning some sort of BRONK BRONK BRONK red-flashing-light alarm situation.

SO, my "lofty" goal for July is for my displayed MFP weight to, once again, be my actual weight. As for the lush part, GOD I love a cold glass of white wine on a hot night and it's finally getting hot here. So I am pledging a max of three episodes of drinking per week, no more than 6 drinks total. I will decide what day the week begins on based on my behavior this weekend--LOL. We have to go to the winery we belong to by Sunday to pick up our quarterly wine shipment, and that day is never pretty after we spend awhile at the tasting counter. Good luck to you all--thanks for being here!
  • rjadams
    Options
    we finally have heat and sunshine. i hit the trail on roller skates today and a cold beer would be really nice right now but I will say no. I can wait. I know I can. yep, I know I can, yep, yep, yep, that's the way, I know I can. aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Four Coronas tonight. It was hot. They were good. :bigsmile:
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    3 parties this past weekend and 2 more this week (starting tomorrow)

i've done ok so far, indulged in moderation.

i really miss just being able to drink what i want, when i want and as much as i want; without counting and watching and being careful and just saying no thank you and denying myself over and over again. (i also miss being able to just graze through the appetizers/food)

don't get me wrong. i am happy with my results and know it has only happened due to my self denial, but really sometimes....i wish......
  • rjadams
    Options
    well I resisted the cold beer and even chilled wine but at 9:00 I ended up with a goose on the rocks to cool me off. Crap, I have no will power in the heat. oh well I will try again today.