Options
123457»

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Fat adds flavour

Depending on the fat and if you like the flavor. I happen to agree that butter (and olive oil, for the record) adds a pleasant flavor. Don't agree that low fat yogurt has a less pleasant flavor than full fat.
    contributes to satiety

Depends on the person. Doesn't seem to, for me.
    and does not make you fat.

If you eat too many calories it does.

I really wish people who find fat satiating would stop stating it as if it were a universal truth.

I find fat to be a flavor enhancer. That's it. I know it's important to eat because vitamins in the vegetables I like are fat soluble. Otherwise? I could live without it. It does nothing to keep me full.

If I want a serving of yogurt to be more filling, I'll have low fat yogurt with fruit. That would fill me up more than full fat yogurt alone would. Low fat cottage cheese with veggies? Very, very filling. Full fat cottage cheese by itself? Notsomuch.

What people find sating varies. I'd like to see this more widely acknowledged.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Low fat foods add sugar & sodium for flavor, low sugar foods add fat & sodium for taste, low sodium foods add fat & sugar for taste. Pick your evil. >:)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Low fat foods add sugar & sodium for flavor, low sugar foods add fat & sodium for taste, low sodium foods add fat & sugar for taste. Pick your evil. >:)

None of that is necessarily true, as discussed to death upthread.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options

I just read the labels.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I try both, then go by taste vs. how many calories I'm willing to sacrifice for good food. It's a debate I have with myself often with varying outcomes depending on the situation. I'm not afraid of big words on my labels, if that's what you're asking.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

I just read the labels.

Yup, that's the way to go.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I thought I would try one of the Bolthouse yogurt dressings this weekend because I love chunky bleu cheese. Boy, that was a mistake. I'd rather go without. Just one more reason to find something other than salad to eat.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I thought I would try one of the Bolthouse yogurt dressings this weekend because I love chunky bleu cheese. Boy, that was a mistake. I'd rather go without. Just one more reason to find something other than salad to eat.

I actually love their dressings...