Clean and Sober role call

Options

Replies

• fuzzball01
    fuzzball01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    me? alcohol free for about 10 yrs (maybe a little less) pill free maybe 1.5 yrs
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Never did mess with drugs, but always was a drinker. Started MFP drinking 18-24 beers a night, every night.. with the intentions of "cutting back" but i refused to give it up.. i was either going to lose without giving up, or i wasnt going to lose.

I started here on June 28th, 2012.

I started losing weight...

Its been just over a year, and weight loss was more addicting than the alcohol for me. I had a few beers this past weekend.. and once in awhile I will have a few, but its rare. I think i might have had a total of 6 in the last 8 months.

As a result of cutting out ONLY my beer.. i didnt realize that I actually wasnt eating that much FOOD... so, here is what drinking water, instead of beer got me:

*note: i dont actually exercise. However my activity level has increased because i FEEL better!

c3471d98-962b-4094-8fb8-6a31ae91a459_zpsa3cfa3d3.jpg

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE! =)
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm gilda. 3/13/89
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Alcohol and drug free since my birth in 1970.

Sadly not free of being a *kitten*. :(
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Sober 5 years, 7 months today. I've tried to have a drink here and there, and nothing but trouble and made me feel physically awful, even wine. And the smell of marijuana makes me completely PTSD (long story, but yes, it is addictive for some of us, and I don't use either term lightly). My family has been informed that I will depart company if I smell it. Makes dating in this town next to impossible. :laugh:

Edited for clarification.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I've been clean since March of 2000. :) Never had much of a problem with alcohol but anything that altered my mind was a problem. Congrats to all of you!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Since 8/10...

I'm sorry. I meant 8:10...

a.m....

today

:flowerforyou:
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Sober since 6/3/2012
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Sober 5 years, 7 months today. I've tried to have a drink here and there, and nothing but trouble and made me feel physically awful, even wine. And the smell of marijuana makes me completely PTSD (long story, but yes, it is addictive for some of us, and I don't use either term lightly). My family has been informed that I will depart company if I smell it. Makes dating in this town next to impossible. :laugh:

Edited for clarification.

We were in Northern California last month and the pot smell was overwhelming for me, it seemed like everything and everybody reeked. I was so glad when we left that behind!
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I'm Jesse Smith.

I'm an alcoholic.

Sober since 2/3/07

...and, yes, I used my last name.

Tradition 11 needs to be rethought.
    Recovery needs to come out of the church basement.
    Cancer patients, diabetics and people with gluten allergies don't run around getting support in secret meetings.
    Don't whisper about my disease after I leave the room. Ask me about it. I'm more than willing to discuss it openly.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Clean and sober since 7/14/2013.
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    2/3/2013

Going on six months :)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Quirkytizzy here. 1-7-01

There are a lot of us here.
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Sober since December 1993.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    5/9/2012 (alcohol)
  • quirkytizzy
    Options
    I'm Jesse Smith.

I'm an alcoholic.

Sober since 2/3/07

...and, yes, I used my last name.

Tradition 11 needs to be rethought.
    Recovery needs to come out of the church basement.
    Cancer patients, diabetics and people with gluten allergies don't run around getting support in secret meetings.
    Don't whisper about my disease after I leave the room. Ask me about it. I'm more than willing to discuss it openly.

I believe many aspects of the program need to be rethought. Though I generally choose to keep my anonymity. I like your statement of recovery needing to come out of the church basement.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Yesterday. I feel a relapse coming this weekend.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Still drink occasionally, never did drugs, but tobacco free since 5/19/2010 :flowerforyou:
  • quirkytizzy
    Options
    Yesterday. I feel a relapse coming this weekend.

One day is better than not. And if you "feel" the relapse coming then you have some ability to not relapse. Get in touch with someone. Please. You can do this.