24 hr Exercise Challenge for October

Options
Aaliya7
Aaliya7 Posts: 38 Member
Let's start a 24 hr exercise challenge for October.Log number of hours or minutes every day and see a significant change after completion.
Record your weight also.
My SW : 188 lbs
GW: 160 lbs.
People with similar Start weight,do join!

Replies

• lbjmd
    lbjmd Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in
    SW 187
    go 175
  • natalieobrien76
    natalieobrien76 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in

SW 149
    GW 112

Good luck :)
  • Aaliya7
    Options
    Welcome !
  • unnichaacko
    unnichaacko Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have this question, why is it a 24 hour exercise challenge?
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options

I believe each day you record the minutes of exercise you log and the goal is to do 24hrs worth in the month. !!!
  • Cheriels82
    Options
    SW 131.8
    GW 120
  • unnichaacko
    Options
    Cheriels82 wrote: »

I believe each day you record the minutes of exercise you log and the goal is to do 24hrs worth in the month. !!!

Alright, that makes sense. So, 24*60=1440 minutes a month or 48 minutes a day if you are exercising everyday and 56 minutes a day if there's a break day.

That's quite achievable. Thank you :D
  • unnichaacko
    Options
    SW 131.8
    GW 120

Sw : 108/109
    GW : 107/106
  • Cheriels82
    Options

Alright, that makes sense. So, 24*60=1440 minutes a month or 48 minutes a day if you are exercising everyday and 56 minutes a day if there's a break day.

That's quite achievable. Thank you :D [/quote]

No problem.
    Just a quick check (because I suck at math). There are 31 days October so down to 46 min a day
  • unnichaacko
    Options

That's quite achievable. Thank you :D

No problem.
    Just a quick check (because I suck at math). There are 31 days October so down to 46 min a day [/quote]

Hehe, that too. either 46.4/47 or 54/6 days a week. Also, I used the calculator :3
  • lfwmih
    lfwmih Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in ;)
    My SW : 183 lbs
    GW: 160 lbs.
  • Aaliya7
    Options
    Let's start!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,011 Member
    Options
    Ah good to see that someone has already started a 24 hour thread for October. Instead of having two similar challenges, I'm recommending the folks that were in the September thread (http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10451840/24-hour-challenge-september-2016) join this one for next month. :)
  • sabreena86
    sabreena86 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hello all.. Hope you all are doing well and your health is good
    I'm new im mfp.. I've started my first challenge in september.. And my nex challenge will be on october.. I loved your 24 hours challange and i want to be in.. But my question is that : can i do both and the time of my other challeng is counted with this 24 hours challange
    For example.. If i do in the other challenge 15 minutes of exercises .. Do i need only 26 minutes for the 24 hours challange? Or i must do further 46 minutes?
    Can i do the other challeng and count time to this 24 hours challange?
    Excuse me.. I'm not good in english ; but i hope that my words make sense
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,011 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    sabreena86 wrote: »
    Hello all.. Hope you all are doing well and your health is good
    I'm new im mfp.. I've started my first challenge in september.. And my nex challenge will be on october.. I loved your 24 hours challange and i want to be in.. But my question is that : can i do both and the time of my other challeng is counted with this 24 hours challange
    For example.. If i do in the other challenge 15 minutes of exercises .. Do i need only 26 minutes for the 24 hours challange? Or i must do further 46 minutes?
    Can i do the other challeng and count time to this 24 hours challange?
    Excuse me.. I'm not good in english ; but i hope that my words make sense

In my experience, each challenge in the threads/message boards are separate and independent. You can double dip, so to speak...meaning anything you do for one can count toward another. For example, I typically do a 24 hour/month challenge, a plank challenge and a mileage/month challenge. Whenever I do anything that has mileage and time, I log it in the 24 hour and mileage challenge threads. When I do planks, I log it in both the plank and 24 hour challenge. The challenge threads are on your honor and for you to be accountable; however, there is no reason why you can't do multiple challenges at the same time and count any exercise for all of them as long as it applies to that challenge. But in the same light, if you prefer, you can make it harder on yourself and decide what you do for one doesn't count for another, then you can get twice the workout. It's a pretty flexible system.
  • sabreena86
    sabreena86 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    @b3achy i see, thank you a lot .. and of course I'm in , I'm waiting October B)
  • cjenkins52989
    cjenkins52989 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    SW: 133
    GW: 128
  • payalranii
    payalranii Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sw:136
    Gw: 120
  • colleen_n_
    colleen_n_ Posts: 9 Member