Options
1235»

Replies

• ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Jakep2323 wrote: »
    LazSommer wrote: »
    Sorry bud, you have to be judgemental in a subtle, passive aggressive way around these parts.

Ooooh yeah lol - tread very gently and do not make any outlandish claims lol. There is a little bit of me that wants to write a thread "I'm going to start detoxing to avoid all the bad unhealthy foods" and watch people lose their minds - I'd be chased with pitchforks I think...

I once posted a thread asking people if they found the less processed flavours they ate the less they enjoyed. .. but I used the term "clean eating" in there. Oops haha everyone went fricking crazy even after I clarified about 20 times. Certain buzz words do NOT go down well haha
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    Sorry bud, you have to be judgemental in a subtle, passive aggressive way around these parts.

Ooooh yeah lol - tread very gently and do not make any outlandish claims lol. There is a little bit of me that wants to write a thread "I'm going to start detoxing to avoid all the bad unhealthy foods" and watch people lose their minds - I'd be chased with pitchforks I think...

I once posted a thread asking people if they found the less processed flavours they ate the less they enjoyed. .. but I used the term "clean eating" in there. Oops haha everyone went fricking crazy even after I clarified about 20 times. Certain buzz words do NOT go down well haha

lol yep but it's okay to make condescending/mocking/"funny" threads associated with those unwanted "Buzzwords" and they go down very very well.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    selina884 wrote: »

lol yep but it's okay to make condescending/mocking/"funny" threads associated with those unwanted "Buzzwords" and they go down very very well.

Terminology is important to alot of people on here. You'll learn--with time. Also those threads you speak of are chock full of usefull information. "Mocking" is used alot by the same people that say they don't like it--go figure.
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    selina884 wrote: »

Terminology is important to alot of people on here. You'll learn--with time. Also those threads you speak of are chock full of usefull information. "Mocking" is used alot by the same people that say they don't like it--go figure.

So are gifs and cartoons that they post - very useful I find ;) It is tough, got to be very careful what you write

and not to mention - a thread calling out for help on making healthy choices doesn't deserve advice but berating a thread created to mock the same group of believers is chock full of useful information.

Yeah, makes sense.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Liberal phrases like "you do you" and sentences to never judge in any situation will only lead one comfortably into unhealthy behavior. Judging eating fried, fatty foods is bad will help create better habits. Not being content letting someone doing whatever they wish will bring them understanding what they are doing is harmful. I applaud this post, yet detest the people too close-minded to bring any positivity to others' lives.

Yes, shaming people for their food choices is a great idea. The next time I see someone in Publix with Doritos and ice cream in their shopping cart I'm going to boo and hiss and tell them the terrible things they're doing to their bodies with that poison.

Oh wait. I always have Doritos and ice cream in my shopping cart. Trying to feel guilty.....

Nah. I've lost thirty pounds and am greatly improving my fitness as I go along, Doritos and ice cream and all. I'm good. Judge away.

How dare he have an opinion..I mean does he not know he cant eat certain foods and find a way of making living a healthy life. We must make him eat KFC! ;)

I don't care what he eats.

He was talking about shaming others for eating his opinion of unhealthy foods, which is where I take issue.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Liberal phrases like "you do you" and sentences to never judge in any situation will only lead one comfortably into unhealthy behavior. Judging eating fried, fatty foods is bad will help create better habits. Not being content letting someone doing whatever they wish will bring them understanding what they are doing is harmful. I applaud this post, yet detest the people too close-minded to bring any positivity to others' lives.

Yes, shaming people for their food choices is a great idea. The next time I see someone in Publix with Doritos and ice cream in their shopping cart I'm going to boo and hiss and tell them the terrible things they're doing to their bodies with that poison.

Oh wait. I always have Doritos and ice cream in my shopping cart. Trying to feel guilty.....

Nah. I've lost thirty pounds and am greatly improving my fitness as I go along, Doritos and ice cream and all. I'm good. Judge away.

How dare he have an opinion..I mean does he not know he cant eat certain foods and find a way of making living a healthy life. We must make him eat KFC! ;)

I don't care what he eats.

He was talking about shaming others for eating his opinion of unhealthy foods, which is where I take issue.

No he didn't - he said he likes to view certain foods as 'bad' in order for him to live a healthier life. I'm quite certain he is allowed to view foods as he wishes and if that is what helps him then great. He is not saying 'I give daggers to people eating a bigmac' - he is just saying he views food a certain way which helps him

Orly?

Because this is what I read:
    Judging eating fried, fatty foods is bad will help create better habits. Not being content letting someone doing whatever they wish will bring them understanding what they are doing is harmful.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    Great comments! I love a good sandwich. Tuna, turkey, even tofu with avocado and hot sauce with a bag of chips! And I just happen to love water. That's usually my meal at lunch. But observing their meals as they arrive sure does smell and look good. I never push my food enlightenment on others, that's rude. Sure every now and then I'll get a meal, but now I'll try to balance it out with some physical activity. The great thing nowadays is technology! My phone, devices and apps will help me target my daily goals. Again love all the feedback!

I'm curious. At lunchtime, when you're not just having water, what do you eat?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Sigh. Are we going to get this thread closed too?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Options
    blcwjdrd4o7i.jpg
This discussion has been closed.