October (2016) Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    The best way to deal with clowns is to carry a banana with you. When a clown chases you just peel the banana, through the peel on the ground, the clown slips, you get away. Works every time.

If you're attacked by a group of clowns, go straight for the juggler.

Hilarious!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    10/1- 4.04 miles
    10/2- Rest/Travel day
    10/3- 3.47
    10/4- 5.03
    10/5- 3.0
    10/6- 5.0

Total: 20.55/60

Today's notes: Another day sans Garmin and HRM, another too fast run. Headwind on the back half of the run today was brutal. I'm still trying to figure out my "off season" running and training plan, so this week is an easy week. Hopefully next week I'll be back to close to 6 days a week running.
  • newmom0309
    newmom0309 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im a little late but my goal is 30 miles this month,walking and running. 8m doing the C25K app.

exercise.png

• Lovemybody75
    Lovemybody75 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Haven't ran in 2 days. Husband and kid sick with the flu! I hate it when this happens. Lack of sleep and no energy. Only ran 6 so far. Goal 44
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Haven't ran in 2 days. Husband and kid sick with the flu! I hate it when this happens. Lack of sleep and no energy. Only ran 6 so far. Goal 44

You've got plenty of time in the month to reach your goal. Hope everyone gets better soon!
  • MrsDunbar2010
    MrsDunbar2010 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Another 5k today :-)
    Have a great day everyone!!
  • emptydog
    emptydog Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am semi-retired and stand in awe of people who can juggle working full time and families and still find time to run. I doff my hat to you.

October goal: 75 miles.
    Miles to date: 18.3
  • johnnylloyd0618
    johnnylloyd0618 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    AM bike day, no run today :(
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options

exercise.png

10/1: 13.1 Miles: 1st Half Marathon Race!! / Yoga
    10/2: 4.5 Miles (Very Slow…) / Yoga
    10/3: 3 Miles…Feeling much better
    10/4: Body Pump and 3 more slow miles
    10/5: 3.1 mile run / 1.7 mile Social run/walk through my gym with my kiddo

2016 Races Completed:
    Buffalo Boogie (5K) May 7 – 23:42
    Marine Creek Trailhead Trot (5K) May 14 – 22:00
    Joe’s Run (10K) June 4 – 48:04
    Firecracker 5000 (5K) July 4 – 22:51
    XTERRA Jurassic Trail Run (15K at Night) July 16 – 1:32:05
    Clark Gardens I’m Only Half Crazy Half Marathon/5K (HM) Oct 1 – 1:48:21

Upcoming Races:
    Turkey Trot – Appleton, WI (5 Miles) Nov 24
    BMW Dallas Marathon (HM) Dec 11
    Cowtown Marathon (Full) Feb 26

I finally ordered a foam roller, and it will arrive tomorrow…YAY! How have I not gotten one of these yet?? If anyone has any foam rolling tips for a newbie, please feel free to share. :blush:
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    10/1 - 12.2 mile group run. It was a nice cool morning.
    10/2 - Rest day with much over-eating.
    10/3 - Overslept, but squeezed in a short 3.1 miles.
    10/4 - Bodypump class, then a TOUGH Abs/Core class. Finally won the Snooze Button Battle!
    10/5 - 5.06 miles. After last night's rain, we have officially begun slippery leaf season.
    10/6 - Taper / rest day. Only 10 days until IMT Half Marathon. Can't wait...love the race day atmosphere!
  • mmteixeira
    mmteixeira Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    @juliet3455 @BeeerRunner What trail shoes do you run in? I have done a couple of demo trail runs with the local Fleet Feet to sample different shoes - we have run in the Altra Lone Peaks and Saucony peregrine 6's. I much preferred the Saucony Peregrines of those two - I have also seen the Salomon Speedcross 3's on sale right now and I am also a Hoka fan so the Challengers sound interesting (I missed that demo night :( ) - so I'm looking for suggestions for a good trail shoe for technical and non-technical trails - something multi-purpose...
  • lissadecker
    lissadecker Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I feel creeped out now. Just found out someone was burglarizing my street (unlocked cars) Tuesday morning sometime before I ran I suppose. I don't recall seeing anything odd. Just feels weird.

Also a clown was arrested nearby today for terrorizing people. Sheesh! I'm spooked now.

That would creep me out, too! I'm out almost every morning before sun up for a bike ride and then a run. There are actually quite a few regular runners and dog walkers out in my neighborhood that I am used to seeing. Whenever I spot something out of the ordinary, it puts me a bit on edge. I think if I found out something after the fact that I hadn't noticed at all then that would probably creep me out even more. Stay safe out there!