WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2016

Options

Replies

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Welcome Joyce Anne from Joyce. I love having other women named Joyce here. I feel we are soul sisters! I live in the extreme southwest area of Indiana, in the river bend of the Ohio River that is Kentucky, Illinois and Indiana. My Dad was a Baptist preacher so I know some of the trials that you go through but yet the joys and pride as a preacher's family. You have to have a special calling to be a preacher's wife. Hats off to you. My faith gets me through loss of a loved one.

Watching the devastation of the hurricane. Am so glad that DJ is OK. I agree that some of these weather people are as bad as storm chasers. they do sensationalize these storms and play on peoples desire to see awful, gory things.

Joyce, Indiana
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,926 Member
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    :s lots of pain today and I've no idea why. pain pill and ice for bedtime.

Marcelyn
    hurting in Houston

:) Everyone I know who has had surgery has told me that recovery is not linear...each day will not be better than the day before...yesterday I thought I was almost ready to walk outdoors and this morning I woke up thinking I might never get out of bed again.....never never never give up

<3 Barbie
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,119 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-3X5X 40
    Russian kettle bell swing-16 X 10 X 40
    Week one, day three of transitioning from 7-10 reps. I can feel that I am gaining strength. I had a twinge of pain in my right hip but repositioning my toes inward a little alleviated that. If any of you experience any discomfort in your hip joints repositioning your feet should alleviate that. This exercise should never cause pain.

Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge
    3 miles

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    lets just say I am having a day... Tracy started texting me asking if I would drop her, Dad and Tal at the fair, and when I told her I was busy I got ~ gee thanks mom can't depend on you for anything.. so she shows up late at dads house , and then dad and I bickering about getting them to the right gate, and now I have to sit on my butt and wait until she decides to contact me or my brother to come pick them up.
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Hope you are all having a good Saturday, especially DJ.
    Joyce Anne- welcome to the best group in MFP. Good for you to reach out for support. Be sure you bookmark the thread by pushing the yellow star on the top right of the page. Every month Barbie, our super leader, starts a new thread and she will have a link to get you there. So just come and enjoy. If you feel like posting do, If not just read.
    Will be back later

SueBDew inTX
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all! Late checking in today. Got a little extra sleep this morning, which put me behind on my groceries, errands, etc. Been prepping meals for the week. I think I will leave mowing the lawn for tomorrow. Maybe do a little sweep and mop around the house and just sit the rest of the evening. Trying to find the balance between getting everything done vs not having a set back with this cold I am still fighting. The worst of it is the fatigue! I just can't seem to fit in as much.
    Joyce Ann- So happy you found us! Sorry to hear about your loss; please keep logging in, logging each bite, take steps (that's steps forward in exercise, eating right, and life in general) baby steps count as forward movement. Be kind to your self!
    Heather- I really think you would have a hard time having a bad time ANYWHERE. It sounds to me as if you are a very apt and adaptable traveler. Your dh seems to be enjoying your adventures, too. Hope your meal tonight (or is it tomorrow night?) at the restaurant is wonderful!
    PIP- Running 2 hrs on a treadmill??!!! Ugh! Do you listen to music? I have never run that long, I have done one hour on a treadmill, I listen to music to get through and also conduct imaginary interviews. Of course, I am being interviewed by some random news person on how I managed to win the race or get so fit...Strava! I use that app when I walk/run.
    Carey- Snow! You lucky girl! Happy Thanksgiving to you!
    Marcelyn- I hope you are pain free soon! <3
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Katla – Now you know when I can’t spell something I go for something that is phonetic … I don’t think I was too terribly wrong; you knew who I was talking about. He gets pretty intense with his reporting.
    I’ve been at this for almost one-and-a-half years. I don’t think I could have done it without the support of the ladies here. I’m still 2 points away from getting my BMI to a ‘normal’ range; that is my goal, more than the weight. Over 40lbs., and maybe 20 more to go. DH and I do not want me to get ‘skinny’; but, I would look to gaunt. I lose in my face first. I, too, will stay on this thread to continue getting support.

Whew!!! I'm tired after re-potting 2 asparagus ferns into one pot! Had to cut off a foot of tangled masses of roots; but, got 2 in one big pot and it looks much better. A month ago, I took 4 Kimberly Queen ferns and separated them into 4 pots. They really have come out and look beautiful. I cannot take the heat or gnats, so I got out in the sun and it seemed like the gnats did not bother me as much. I think they are not wild about the sun either. Four plants down, and, many more to go before they get put out on my glassed-in porch. Which, by the way, I am 'still waiting' for the door to come and be put up. Hopefully, the carpenter is finished with his job at the plantation since hunting season has started and can get to it before winter.

Lenora
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Becca, where are you?????
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    sorry for the rant~ I went out with Tom after mowing the lawn, and in such a funk I got a bowl of soup, then came home had a nice bath and put some lotion on and am having a cup of sleepytime vanilla tea, was gonna have a glass of wine but thought better of it.. will check in later or tomorrow
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Today is my kids birthdays! t3302.gif They were both born on October 8th, our daughter in 1988 and our son in 1990! My mom had the same thing with my sister and I. Both born on January 17th, me in 1959 and my sister in 1960! So blessed to have my kids grow into the wonderful young adults they have become. Ben is with us this week as his apartment and goods aren't available in Houston quite yet. Our daughter is celebrating at home in VA with her boyfriend and several cousins!

Been waylaid a bit with the walking as an old foot problem is rearing its ugly head and if I don't attend to it and stay off my feet for a bit I'll make it worse. Learned this lessen the hard way. Metatarsalgia ugh!!!

Other wise all is good in my neck of the woods at the moment and I am embracing that fact wholeheartedly!

Cheri
    watching the Aggies stomp the Voles in College Station, TX
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    c0139.gif

Karen in VIrginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
    stat for the day, big diff in some things the way it tracked. same run, 2 different results

stats according to old way- jog- 1hr 45min 43sec, 153mhr, 142ahr, 9.36ap, 6.2-7.0sp, 11mi = 1024c
    stats w/watch- 1hr, 44min, 30sec, 158mhr, 142ahr, 10.34ap, 6.2-7.0sp, 9.90mi, *170spm* = 742c
  • pipcd34
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Good afternoon all! Late checking in today. Got a little extra sleep this morning, which put me behind on my groceries, errands, etc. Been prepping meals for the week. I think I will leave mowing the lawn for tomorrow. Maybe do a little sweep and mop around the house and just sit the rest of the evening. Trying to find the balance between getting everything done vs not having a set back with this cold I am still fighting. The worst of it is the fatigue! I just can't seem to fit in as much.
    Joyce Ann- So happy you found us! Sorry to hear about your loss; please keep logging in, logging each bite, take steps (that's steps forward in exercise, eating right, and life in general) baby steps count as forward movement. Be kind to your self!
    Heather- I really think you would have a hard time having a bad time ANYWHERE. It sounds to me as if you are a very apt and adaptable traveler. Your dh seems to be enjoying your adventures, too. Hope your meal tonight (or is it tomorrow night?) at the restaurant is wonderful!
    PIP- Running 2 hrs on a treadmill??!!! Ugh! Do you listen to music? I have never run that long, I have done one hour on a treadmill, I listen to music to get through and also conduct imaginary interviews. Of course, I am being interviewed by some random news person on how I managed to win the race or get so fit...Strava! I use that app when I walk/run.
    Carey- Snow! You lucky girl! Happy Thanksgiving to you!
    Marcelyn- I hope you are pain free soon! <3

i do everything to music. i have playlists for different stuff. when running i run to the beat of the music that i listen to so i have to stay on the beat. when i ride outside to/from work, the music is on. when i use the rowing machine, music is on..
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: Cold rainy day here. DD and I were planning on working on our temporary fence in the back but that did not work out. Horses are out in the front pasture today and we looked at tearing out a slow feeder for goats that is in the shelter but that turned out to be a bigger job than we could get done in one afternoon so we abandoned that. Feeling like we did not get much done at all. DH doing better now but refuses to read discharge instructions from the ER and follow them. So he will probably at some point become dehydrated again and in pain. Hopefully the antibiotics will have kicked the UTI by then. He does have an appointment with the urologist next Wednesday. Having corn on the cob tonight probably for the last time this season. DD picked it up on her way home from work yesterday.

Katla - It is nice to know that a saddle like that is available out there if a time comes when you do need one.

Marcelyn - Sorry the shoulder is giving you fits. Hope things improve soon.

Michele - Yeah for yoga being offered. Hope it works out for you.

DJ - Stay safe. That is all we ask.

Heather - Love the photos and the silly hat.

Glo - I think you have gotten lots of good suggestions. The only thing I might add would be using sandpaper to write on with a finger. One of my best friends who was a teacher did this with her daughter, something about the stimulation in the touch.

"The time to relax is when you don't have time for it." - Sidney J. Harris

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Have been feeding my depression with food and a chill pill for the last few days. Will get back on track tomorrow.

Carol
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,926 Member
    Options
    :) Another day of taking it easy and following directions. Today I'm walking for 7 minutes at a time and resting in between with knitting, TV watching, naps, answering e mails, and folding laundry.

<3DJ, thinking of you and the scary weather

:)Cheri, Happy Birthday to your whole family.

<3 Barbie from cold, cloudy, and damp NW Washington
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,119 Member
    Options
    <3