WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2016

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of Bob Harper's Cardio Conditioning DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do some training games on the Wii.

Exercised and then went to Ingles. It is a bit far from me, but that was the only store that had lychees. when I got there, the picture on the can showed a lychee with the red around it. I didn't know if I would have to peel it or not. So I bought the can. No, I don't have to peel it, but I did find out that a whole black olive will fit in the opening of the lychee to make a "pupil" for "the eye of newt". Came home and made a pork roast that I'd been marinating. Will go to church in a few. Jess is supposed to come tonight. She initially said she'd be here at 4 -- we knew that wasn't going to happen. Vince just called her and it looks like she'll be here around 8.

JoyceAnn - welcome to a fantastic group of ladies. So sorry about your husband. Don't you worry one little bit about expressing how you're feeling right now. then we can all rejoice with you when you aren't feeling this way any more.

barbie - so glad you're taking care of yourself. I know how it must be killing you not to be as active as you usually are, but it'll be worth it in the end.

Marcelyn - I'm so sorry you're in such pain. Hope it goes away soon

Kate UK - Hey, ya gotta start somewhere on that cross trainer. You can only go upwards, and that you will.

Michele in NC
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Carey, snow??? OMG I’m fighting off a hurricane and you have snow? Too early, friend. Lol Congrats on the loss and finding what works for you.

Pip, I know you and many others listen to music but it seems that would be dangerous out in the traffic. Can you hear what’s going on around you?

Sue, we used to have kids write words on sandpaper that were dyslexic. Actually they traced the words that I had written in magic marker. It seemed to help.

Barbie, I’m glad you are following orders. You will get there soon. When is your next doctor’s appointment?

The wind finally calmed down around 9:30. The trim boards above the garage door blew off along with a few shingles off the roof. We lost the tree I talked about earlier as well as my favorite Sago Palm. My neighbors’ mailbox blew off the post and ended up on her front porch. Tomorrow we will be able to see if there was any other damage. All in all we are lucky and ever so happy that Matthew came during daylight hours. Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers. I love you ladies.
    pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Sending love and good thoughts to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day!

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,119 Member
    Options
    DJ- so glad to hear that you're okay! Too bad about the palm and the other tree.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
    Damnit- no, when I run no I can't hear but I see. When I ride, I listen with a speaker, not ear buds in my ear.
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I just HAD to make peanut butter cookies - right? Time to get back on track and stop eating like I'm getting ready to hibernate! https://goo.gl/images/RnxJAO I'm going back to my hot water & apple cider vinegar as my cucumber water is just not appealing when it's not hot out :( Think I'll wait a week before I get back on the scale - don't want to give myself a heart attack. Went swimming at the Y tonight and did laps for 1/2 hour. A stroke in the right swimming-smiley-emoticon.gifdirection!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    DJ - Thanks for keeping us up to date. So glad you are safe and sound. I hope there is no more extensive damage.

<3<3<3

Janetr
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie : I agree with you. " ...never never never give up." :noway:

DJ : Stay safe! (((HUGS))) I hope you stay safe during the storm and have minimal storm damage .

Sue in WA : I agree that it is great to know there is a saddle out there that I can manage. At this point, I don't expect to own a horse, but I surely love to ride. We'll just have to see what life brings. :smiley:

Carol: I've had issues with day length depression, or seasonal affective disorder, all my life. I have a few things that really help me a lot. One of them is solar temperature lights in many places in my house, another is vitamin D3 capsules, and yoga is high on the list. Having fun every day is a big help. The fun can be as simple as watching birds, visiting with neighbors, or taking a yoga class. The combination helps me deal with the long months of lower light during winter.:star:

Gloria: Peanutbutter cookies are one of the temptations I struggle with. I don't actually make cookies but sometimes I buy a package of two at the grocery store. A bigger package would be a disaster waiting to happen. :embarassed:

My riding lesson was frustrating today. I was supposed to steer my horse by putting weight on my right or left sit bone. The idea is that pressure from my right sit bone will cause the horse to move to the left, and left sit bone pressure will make him go right. The problem was that I found it hard to stay balanced. The saddle seemed slippery to me. Next time I hope to do better. Maybe I'll buy britches with the sticky side of velcro all over the seat. Then I can put the fuzzy side on the saddle. :devil:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Heather posted a quote similar to this that I wanted to use, but I couldn't recall it quite right. I went online and found this one.

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Read on my phone no way to take notes busy day thinking of you all
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I am back. It's been a challenging year with a lot of loss. I've just been reading, trying to catch up on everything. It will take me a few days , please be patient with me. Michael had me thinking of DJ and if she is okay, so I came to get that answer. Oh Lord, I have missed all you ladies.
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Sorry. should mention that it's Sharon from Lethbridge, Alberta
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Sharon welcome back!
    Nite all! panda-wave-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    wish I could wipe out yesterday all together. but today is another day.. I slept 10 1/2 hrs last night. the bath and sleepytime tea helped..
    Matthew did tons of damage and watching weather channel.. Hope all of you that were in the path are safe and sound xoxox
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,057 Member
    Options
    DJ glad you are safe.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    DJ ~ Glad you are safe!

Katla ~ You are probably right about the light affecting my mood. It's been dreary outside this week due to the hurricane approaching the state. Still got no rain in the NW part of the state though. Also, I am affected every time my DH does his monthly antique show for some unknown reason that I can't understand. Much better today! :)

Janet ~ Heather: Thanks for sharing your vacation with us.

Glo ~ Maybe put those cookies in the freezer out of sight.

Carol...Feeling better about the world today!
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Got a good eight hours of sleep; but still waking up gunky. This cold is just moving from sinus to throat and back again! Grrr. Small problem, but irritating. Got some laundry done and my crock pot cleaned out from yesterday's food prep. (Hubby cleaned up last night and left it to soak)
    DJ-So glad you are okay and got through Matthew with minimal damage.
    Pip- Care to share what you listen to when you run? Always looking for new stuff to motivate me. I have had a few different playlists with different songs; but I always start out with Bittersweet Symphony by the Verve, followed by Lose Yourself by Eminem; mid list is a ever changing assortment usually including some Black Eyed Peas, Gwen Stefani/No Doubt, Ricky Martin/Marc Anthony; then second to last (to give me a push of energy) is always Viva la Vida by Coldplay. What gets/keeps you moving?
    Michele- you are our "work-out video" guru; have you ever worked out to any of the Beachbody videos? I have a niece who is a trainer for Beachbody and is suggesting some of their videos to me.
    With the daylight fading away, and no one willing to walk with me at 5 am, I will be moving my work outs indoors for the winter months. I was walking with my headlamp in the mornings, but there have been a few incidents recently of a man approaching women runners/walkers early in the morning. I think it better that I NOT be out walking/running on my own while it is dark.
    Cheri - I love the birthday coincidences! I think it makes it more special. I was born on my aunts birthday and oddly enough my daughter was born on her death day. Isn't that strange?
    Allie- you de-stress the same way I do. Hope you are feeling better today! <3
    Well, I better get out of this chair and get some stuff done. I have to get the lawn mowed. It has been a couple weeks. I also need to get my fall/Halloween deco up. Have a wonderful day! KJ (Kelly)
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.... sort of.... snowing and blowing here!! I am so not ready for winter to be here.

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Sue in WA – My DH has an appointment with another Urologist in the practice he goes to. Maybe a new set of fresh eyes can see what is going on and make some better ideas as to how to treat DH. I’m planning on meeting him there. What goes on with him, affects me. He is not happy about it; but, I want to make sure they don’t even ‘think’ about doing the same procedure on him as was done awake the last time; when they had put him to sleep the first time. I shudder to think what will happen if they put in a catheter long-term. I KNOW he is not drinking enough during the day and I get all over him about this. He admits he doesn’t drink as much as he should. But, what do you do? I can’t be with him on his job.

DJ – Saw on the news that Myrtle Beach was having a lot of flooding. Hope you are on higher ground. Even though this does not mean there can’t be damage. When the soaking rains, trees can be uprooted easily.

Sister emailed to tell us the house we stayed in did not have any damage. The house next door to the right had its ‘ugly’ porch blown off. That is one ugly house! Maybe they will decide to put shutters on it before building any type of porch on it. The other house, to the left of it had a lot of leaks.

I need to call DirecTV to find out what I need to do in order for some VHS tapes to work. Probably something simple; but, nothing I have tried so far has worked.

Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    :#
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    went to feed DFIL and he was a hoot this morning~
    We are getting the remnants of Matthew.. nothing like what is going on down south...
    I am going to try and talk to Tom today I can't stand much more of what is going on here..If Tom is unhappy with his life HE is the only one who can change it, and not take it out on me..
    Hope everyones day is well..