Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,551 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stat for the day:
    Spin- tracking the old way- 1hr 18sec, 77r, 104w, 11-17g, 117ahr, 144mhr, 22.19mi = 408c 22c/cool down- 430c
    Tracking w/watch- 1hr, 118ahr, 142mhr, 324c,
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    Heather thank you. I do love gardens. All your photos spectacular!

(((Liz)))

:heart: Margaret

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Heather – You calling something “Alhambra” makes me think of an “Alhambra” dinner and play that my Dad took all of us to, in Jacksonville. It was buffet style, anything you could imagine and very ‘high end’ at the time. The tables were on multi-levels so that nobody had an unobstructed view. When it was supper time, everybody walked down to the lower level to get their plates and my Daddy, who was a heavy social drinker, got tired of waiting and moving slowly in line; so he would pick up the drinks off the table and drink them. My Mother who was in front of him heard us laughing and turned around to catch him in the act. She scowled him unmercifully. Beautiful gardens!

Cracker has been outside with me; but, hiding among my plants to stay out of the sun. Thankfully, she had moved when I started with the hose. Now she is sleeping (one of her favorite pastimes).

Lenora
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pic's Heather

I made the cream of asparagus soup - let me tell you way too much effort for the result and I find that it is way to sweet for my taste buds. All it has is asparagus, yellow onion, cream and 1 tbsp of coconut oil.

I've also got the slow cooker on with my cauliflower and spinach soup working away and then I made 24 ham & cheese individual frittatas in my new 24 non stick cupcake tin. Was that ever a good purchase! I used it for my individual low carb meat loaf as well and it washes up so easily even if it doesn't fit into my sink very well.

Carey - Northern Alberta (Who is determined to not eat out as much!)

Goals for Oct:
    - Increase walking now that the hamstring has healed
    - Get to Tai Chi at least once a week
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    amazing pictures Heather!!

Last week I made homemade bean soup with some of my chicken stock I made from a chicken I cooked and let wallow in hot water with spices. Two cans of pinto beans, a couple of tsps. of chicken stock (Better Than Boullion) and careful tending and mashing with a whisk made a really creamy soup. The next day I decided to warm up the soup, but you know what? It turned itself into a kind of bean dip being in the refrigerator! Yay! I took a tortilla, cut it up into triangles, sprinkled cayenne pepper on it, and browned them in a pan with a wee bit of olive oil. warmed up the dip and oh man it was the BOMB! I surprise myself sometimes!!

Today I am making some homemade oatmeal cookies. I might put a bit of the dough into my mini loaf pan and make them into bars. Then I can sprinkle some toasted coconut on the top. Or maybe some of my Toasted Honey bunches of Oats cereal. I will have to figure out using the recipe thingy on here, for the calories.

Today husband and I walked the grocery store for an hr, buying things I needed. Have started buying Christmas treats for my "Christmas containers". I have been collecting Crystal light clear canisters for a while and now I have 4 for the kids. I need to buy some puffy glitter writing pens to put their names on them. Then they get equal amounts of candy. Also bought those little bags of gold chocolate coins. I have bought those for the last 27 yrs for their stockings.

After we get a certain check I plan on buying my candy to make my "candy trains. Pretty simple: I take a pack of gum and hot glue a cylinder of 5 flavor lifesavers on it. Then I take a square chocolate and put on one end for the "Cab" of the engine. I put a wrapped Rolo chocolate on the end of the other for the front of the train. I then take a wrapped kiss and put on the Lifesaver like a smokestack...with the paper of the kiss its like steam. Lastly I take 4 wrapped peppermint candies and line up the twists on each side like the wheels. The twists of the candy parallel to the train. I used to make 30 for one of the kids' class at Christmastime! It is kind of expensive if you are making that many! I will have to go to our retro Candy store the next town over so I can buy the multi-colored variety flavors Lifesavers. They are hard to find now!

Today its bright blue sky! Rained all day yesterday, so everything is clean. Living in an apartment complex our front entry always has spider webs on it. This weekend my son was freaking out about the webs around the door. So I stood outside with a flip flop, and he fed me hot pans of water to rinse off the webs. At one point there was about 5 large spiders on their way down to the ground! Eeeek! I flip flopped them.....

Becca
    shivering from the spiders...in
    Oregon
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Hello all: We finally have some sun today but everything is still very wet and it is muddy, muddy in the paddock. Got my water exercise done this morning and have been working organizing some paper work. Found myself doing some stress eating over the weekend after having DH in the ER Friday. He has finally passed two stones and has appointments with his primary doc and a urologist on Wednesday. At least I realized what I was doing and was able to limit it though not eliminate it completely.

Becca and Beth nice to see you posting.

Carey - I am with you on the soups. I made split pea last week and have the stuff for vegetable beef for this week.

Heather - Wonderful pictures!

Liz - Sending healing angels.

DJ - Glad you are safe with not too much damage.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Becca, I think those are called spider aerobics. LOL
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I've been busy, busy, busy. Had a great time at our TOPS Fall Rally (annual regional meeting) Saturday. Worked Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. TOPS meeting this am, lunch with retired teacher friends, and hosted my study group this afternoon. We finished our study of Archeology. Next week we begin a study on Forensic Methodology. It has been wonderful to continue our group even though our fearless leader has moved away. I'm so glad I volunteered to hostess it.
    I enjoy reading all your posts. Prayers for those of you recovering or facing challenges.

Toni in Tennessee
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Been thinking about Michele in NC. Haven't seen her post today. Has anyone heard from her! Sure hope the Carolina girls are ok.
    We had a review of The Peecan Man. Pretty interesting.

SueBDew
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Liz, I am so sorry for your diagnosis, but I am so glad you checked in and told us about it. Hugs, prayers, and healing vibes sent your way. Please keep us updated.

Joyce, when one of our older church members had a family event in our church fellowship hall, the family brought a recliner in for the day so that she could be comfortable and enjoy the festivities as much as possible. Seems like she was recovering from a cardiac episode of some kind at the time. Is it possible that the place you are renting will already be decorated for Christmas?

Got my stitches out today and all the paperwork necessary to send to my cancer insurance so that I can get a payment. I think it is only $275 for a skin cancer, but every little bit helps.

We've got someone coming out tomorrow to give us an estimate for a new HVAC system. Ours still works but not very efficiently or adequately. We are probably going to spring for a new one. I'm scared to even consider the bottom line on that.

Worked out today. We did Combo moves the whole time: squat to shoulder press. Wall sit with hammer curls, lunge with kickback, etc, etc, etc. it was good to be back.
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I'm back from 10 days in Honolulu. It went by in a blink. We got the condo and storage units cleaned out. THIS WAS THE HARDEST WORK I HAVE EVER DONE!!!

I met someone I want to be my selling agent. However, due to a delay in getting some legal and appraisal work done, it may be about 3 months before we can list. Meanwhile, we found more than needs doing. So, will bring in a professional painter and a/c repair company. Considering bringing in a short term tenant, for which I can charge a bit of premium because those are in short supply in my area of town.

Thankfully, my two best friends on the island were ever-ready with meal deliveries, advice and as swimming companions. I got in some very delicious night swims in the salt water pool, and two dips in the ocean at Waikiki. I was so, so happy that my back and hip didn't bother me at all. Every night I had two very sore feet, but otherwise, I managed all the packing, lifting, hauling, dumping, scrubbing, crouching, climbing up and down a stepladder a hundred times and the overall stress with little physical breakdown. This was truly a realization of how much the daily fitness exercises in a gym apply to real world situations.

Unfortunately, the food choices were less than optimal. I'm sure the scale will reflect that tomorrow, but for today, I will semi-fast, drink lots of water, and keep plugging along.

Speaking of plugging...there was no internet in my unit, so I am now over 700 posts behind. Will start catching up with all your busy lives.

Stay well, friends. We can do this.

Rori
    with aloha from Colorado Foothills