WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2016

Options

Replies

• lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Vicki, I'm so sorry about your mother - it doesn't help when family members make a hard time even worse. One of the few things that make me believe in karmic justice.

Lisa
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Vicki - sending you huge hugs! Sisters can be a real PITA... Sorry, Sugar!

Bless my folks... when they had their Will re-worked a few years back, they send each of us a copy.... no surprises for anyone.

Busy on my first day back!

Hugs for everybody!

Re in TX
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Vicki - Had the same drama with a family member when my Grandmother passed. Yes, it hurts, grieving for your mother while struggling with cruel, cutting actions by a family member, it is double hard to bear.

There is a difference between getting down in the mud with them and holding them accountable for doing your mother's last wishes via her will. Only you can decide what you will do. It's likely the right decision if you can sleep well at night after making it.

Wishing you {{{hugs}}}, strength and quiet wisdom.

Charleen in Colorado
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Vicki in Grand Island, NE: I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. I'm sending good thoughts your way. :broken_heart::heart:

Cindy from CO: Welcome to a great group! :flowerforyou:

I'm getting my flu shot later this afternoon in preparation for my trip to visit DD and family for the birth of our third grandchild. Hopefully today's shot will be in plenty of time for my immune system to gear up for air travel. Wish me luck. :bigsmile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    (((Vicki)))
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: Got kitchen floor cleaned this morning and some mowing out in front this afternoon. Am still working on purging some files. Also got an appointment with gastroenterology scheduled after a referral from my primary doc. I haven't seen gastro since before we left SD over a year ago. DD and I have decided we probably need a tractor with a front-end loader to really clean out our paddock. The part we worked on is better but overall it is a muddy mess.

Rori - Good to hear from you again. Glad things went well in Hawaii.

Vicki - Sorry about your mom and the family hassles.

Lisa - Hope your plans come together smoothly.

Re - Wow girl! I am impressed that you lost weight while on vacation and congrats on the smaller size shirts.

Janetr - Hang in there and continue to enjoy the scenery.

Mary - Sending you traveling mercies. Enjoy the trip.

"The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters." Audrey Hepburn

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Aw Lenora, you are a posting fool today! Yep the site was down for "Maintenance" so it wasn't your fault.

So why am I going Christmas organizingly crazy this year??? lol With the possibility of all my sons home, plus wife, I am buying stuff, counting things so no one gets offended, and generally driving my husband crazy. He looked at my "list" shaking his head and smiling. I had put my wishes which was stuff like whitening toothpaste, gum in the cans, and ending with a bottle of port :smiley: Usually I just wish for those little chocolate bottles filled with liquor, but this year I actually put my thinking cap on. I also went old skool and said instead of buying me a computer game that I can get my mahjong, solitaire, Free-cell, and spider solitaire, I just wanted a book about them all (how to set them up) and a deck of cool playing cards. I know they have cheap tiles for mahjong so I just need to learn how to layer and set up the game.

this morning husband and I took a walk on the trail that parallel's the Columbia River. It was sunny, but man it was SO WINDY and brisk! We both didn't talk, and finally my husband steered me to a side road. He was freezing and we needed to go the other way so not to get "beat up" by the wind so much! We held hands the whole time. Sweet huh!
    I have missed you all more than I realized.....and yep Glow I shall take a pic of the candy trains!
    Becca
    Oregon

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 15.25min, 11.7amph, 123ahr, 143mhr, 2.9mi = 106c +12c
    ride hm 2 gym w/watch- 13.20min, 13amph 126ahr, 143mhr, 81c

ROWING MACHINE- 35min, 54aw, 5640meters, 108ahr, 152mhr = 229c
    ROWING MACHINE w/watch- 35min, 27stpmin, 950strokes, 152mhr = 153c

ride gym 2 dome- 8.34min, 10.3amph, 134mhr, 1.4mi = 57c
    ride gym 2 dome- 7.28min, 11mph, 118ahr, 135mhr, 1.37mi = 41c

ride dome 2 hm- 16.52min, started late, 18min, pst, 8.2amph, 152mhr, 130ahr, 2.5mi = 192c
    w/watch, hit wrong program!!!

404c
    w/watch 275c

total cal 596
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,121 Member
    Options
    <3
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,755 Member
    Options
    Vicki ... very sorry to hear of your loss. Praying that memories of your mom will comfort you. Hang in there with the family dynamics.

Beth near Buffalo
  • ilikegardens
    ilikegardens Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone!s0819.gif

I haven't been on in a few days, and I had 237 posts to read! Luckily, I could skip over Lenora's extra posts. c0510.gif

Vicki, I'm so sorry for your loss and the painful ickiness with your sister. I agree with Re, sisters can be PITAs. Of course, they can also be wonderful. And sometimes they can be both at the same time...

Heather, I loved your photos! I thought about a vacation in Spain this year, but I didn't get around to thinking about our plans until June. Two things kept me from it. First, the airfare was exorbitant--if it makes me anxious it's no vacation. Second, we would have gone in July--high season and heat. No thanks! We'll do it some other time and plan ahead of time...

Lisa, I so admire your adventurous spirit and marriage to an equally adventurous guy! I adore my loving husband, and I married him because he provides me with badly needed stability. But once in a while I'd love to make a major change but won't do it without him...

Katla, I bought a light for SAD, and it seems to be helping! Thanks for encouraging me to do so. My husband walks into a room and says, "It's so bright!" But I just notice how good I feel.

Congratulations to those of you whose scales have shown losses! funs0206.gif And sympathy for those of you who are struggling. Been there, done that. s0959.gif

I have to keep checking in. I had a rough time time sticking to my calories when I didnt...s0936.gif
    KarenE
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,633 Member
    Options
    B)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    :'(Vicki, I am so sorry for your loss. During my mother's last months, she frequently said that she was sorry I had no siblings to share the burden. Listening to your story has made me grateful that I had no siblings to help or hinder. <3<3

:) Jake went to the movies with a friend (it was his treat for his birthday)) and I invited a friend over for a visit while he was gone and my friend walked the dogs while she was here. It was a big win for everyone. It will be many weeks before I can walk dogs again. :'(

:)Larissa, Happy to see you again.

:)Heather, I loved your pictures

:'( Computer still not fixed...Jake was supposed to take it to someone today and he didn't do it.

<3 Barbie from sunny NW Washington
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Liz, so sorry for your diagnosis and know what we are all with you. A wise move to be researching diets that could help. I’d probably still be in such shock that it wouldn’t even enter my mind. I’m sending prayers your way for successful treatment. (((Hugs)))

Heather, so happy you had a wonderful time. I look forward to more details and pictures from your trip.

Lisa, I know you will miss the space for all your projects when you sell the warehouse. I do hope this last sale is even more successful than the other first.

NYKaren, I’ rooting for you in your improved eating and mood. Noting the problem is a great start to finding the solution.

Penny, that is a bummer that your phone won’t do MFP any longer. Did you get any warning on that?

Kate, that is hilarious about the farmer dying his sheep. Thanks for the smile.

Heather, glad you are home safely. The pictures are wonderful. Please feel free to share more.

Carey, when is the party?? It all sounds delish! :p

Kay, sounds like a great workout. You are impressing me! Glad you are healing nicely. (((Hugs)))

Rori, I know that was a lot of work. Glad things are at least moving forward.

Janetr, OMG that is one big tree. If you hadn’t told us you were there, I’d have never noticed.

Barbie, it sounds like you are doing great! I hate computer problems….just so frustrating. Good luck.

Joyce, I think the picture is great. What a pretty thing you were/are. I have to say it must take patience to deal with Charlie sometimes, but then I can say the same about me dealing with my DH.

Katla, I know it will be sad to sell the boat but if you can no longer use it, it will take a financial burden off of you.

Larisa, it was good to hear from you. Congrats on your healthy living and also on meeting the new man in your life. Do keep us informed on how that is going.

Janetr, sorry about the continuing rash. And also that traveling is not agreeing with you. thumbs-down-smiley-emoticon.gif

Re, welcome home and a huge congrats on the weight loss. That is terrific when you are on vacation. Keep it up, girl!!!

Lisa, it sounds like plans are being made. I’m just glad we get to go on the adventure with you. 

VickiNE, so sorry for your loss. It is so sad that families seem to have some members that get to greedy after the death of a loved one. I hope things work out to everyone’s satisfaction. (((Hugs)))

Cindy, welcome. This is a great place for support and information so come often.

Katla, I’ve been planning to get my flu shot but you made a good point. I’ll be doing some traveling soon so I need to get that on the front burner. Thanks.
    pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I’m not totally caught up but have read all but the last page. I’ll do better tomorrow. We got rid of the largest tree that fell in the storm without having to pay someone to haul it off. I put an ad on the neighborhood FB page that it was free to whoever wanted to come get it. I still had all the roots so it should live but since I never liked that tree it was a good time to get rid of it. Thursday I go to the Fall Moose Convention. It is always here at the beach and I go stay at the hotel for 3 nights so it’s a bit of a getaway. I’ll take my laptop so should be able to check in even if I don’t get to read everything. Where ever I go and whatever I do I hope you know that I think of you.
    Sending love and good thoughts to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day! rainbow-smiley-emoticon.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Vicki in NE my prayers are with you.
    Ladies, I so enjoy your posts. Have a good night.
    TNToin
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Vicki: ((((hugs)))) Many prayers heading your way to ease your pain and stress.

Cindy in Colorado: Where in our fair state are you located? I'm Red Rocks. There is a small group of 50+ MFP ladies that meet 3-4 times a year at Park Meadows mall.

I've just 'binge-read' through 18 pages of your posts. So uplifted by the sharing of support found here. Loved all the photos from travel and adventures. I'll share some Hawaii pix next time I post.

Larissa! Good for you, girlfriend!

Stay well, friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard from Michele? How did they fare in the storm? Hope they are all ok.

Still no test results from doctor, ugh.

Janetr okc
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Good evening everyone!s0819.gif
    Katla, I bought a light for SAD, and it seems to be helping! Thanks for encouraging me to do so. My husband walks into a room and says, "It's so bright!" But I just notice how good I feel.

I have to keep checking in. I had a rough time time sticking to my calories when I didnt...s0936.gif
    KarenE

KarenE: I'm so happy to hear that the SAD light is helping you. :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

Katla from beautiful NW Oregon where the days are getting shorter and the daylight temperature lights are really important. :star:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,233 Member
    Options
    Hello my friends! <3

Sleepless in Hampshire........... :sad:

We are off today to Hove to make a decision on whether we are really going for this move, or not. I have brain fever. I'm still not sure how DS and DDIL feel about the idea. Will it help, or hinder, our relationship with them?
    We have three houses to see. None of them perfect, but it will give us an idea. We really want to stroll around, look at the local shops, buses etc. See the sea. B) Not sure if we will be able to see the grandkids, probably not. DS is leaving a parking permit out for us.

Thursday is photo day for our house. Luckily my cleaner should be coming just before, so she can help us "stage" it. There will be two women from the estate agent plus a woman photographer! Full house. :)

One funny thing from the holiday - before we went I cut back my big basil plant that lives on the kitchen windowsill and made pesto. It is very pot bound, so I dumped it in the trash can. When we got back I opened the trash and it had survived! It's back on the windowsill! My big chilli plant also just survived the week without water. :)

Janetr - I feel for you! Horribly frustrating! And just when you were so excited by your new travelling life style. :'( Let's hope it all clears up. <3

KarenE - Good choice not to go in July. Cordoba was very hot at the beginning of October. Also still very busy. The Alhambra in Granada needs to be booked weeks ahead. That would also be hot. We went in early morning. If you are doing a cultural thing it really needs to be spring or autumn. Apart from Northern Spain like Cantabria or Galicia. They are fabulous also and cooler.
    I made a Spanish style omelette (tortilla) last night. It was delicious! Going to weigh myself and report back on whether I have gained or not during the holiday. I ate sensibly (low carb), but we enjoyed the dry sherry quite a lot! :embarassed:

Love Heather, who will try to catch another hour's sleep. XXXXXXXX