WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2016

Replies

• tammylee83
    tammylee83 Posts: 12 Member
    Subdew: What a small world! I love Granbury! My aunt lives there so I am in Granbury several times a year. It is such a pretty town. I love shopping in the Square at all the little boutiques. Such a pretty lake there too.
  • tammylee83
    Drkatiebug: thank you for your warm welcome
  • tammylee83
    Tmgram27: Thank you for your welcome. This does seem like a very warm inviting group. Very happy to be included.
  • tammylee83
    Jmkmomm: thank you for your welcome
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
  • tammylee83
    Exermom: thank you, I'm excited to be here.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Janetr: Good news about the negative tests! YAY!!! :bigsmile:
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    <3
    Another CRAZY day... Love you guys!

Hugs for Everybody!

Re in TX
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    Janetr - Sooooo pleased to hear that the tests were negative. I remember my first husband had a rash a bit like yours and they decided in the end it was viral. Hoping for a quick recovery for you. <3

Busy day today getting ready for the photos of the house.

Love Heather UK xxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    Gloria - I am so in awe of you , taking on your two grandsons at our age. There are bound to be hiccups. I think I had some terrible moments with my boys. We had to all go for family counselling. :embarassed: You are not alone. Sending ((((HUGS)))).

<3 Heather UK
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    gloria wow, I have such respect for the way you are handling this. Stick to your values, boundaries and consistency are so important! The longest year of my life was when we set up very strict rules and consequences, so tough but it worked for our girl. Every family is different and it sure isn't easy, I am pulling for you and your wonderful grandchildren <3
    NYKAREN
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Morning ladies~
    I am staggering around with my first cup of tea.. Didnt get much sleep Chester had to go outside to tinkle every couple of hours.. he has 3 prescriptions and one is a pain med, which I just gave him again..
    Today is my day off and though I would like to go out and shop I don't feel comfortable leaving Chester alone.. will have to go down to the vets as they forgot to give me one of the antibiotics,Tom working today so he didnt get up with Chester..
    will check in later...
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Morning ladies
    Still really nice in UK ( where I am anyway ) I love Autumn but look forward to my Christmas break in the sun every year

My new kettlebell was delivered yesterday 13 lbs this morning managed 5 sets 17 reps swings. Quite pleased with myself also did Leslie Sansone with hand weights

Gloria it is hard to stay consistent with kids but so important A lot of younger parents (at least here in UK) dont set boundaries and try to be friends with their kids, they are not doing them any favours. Sorry rant over

Kate UK
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited October 2016
    Gloria, I agree with the other ladies, you are absolutely awesome. I can't even imagine having children that age and having to deal with rebellion, etc. I'm quite sure I could not manage it at all. Biggest cudos and hugs ever. BTW if I were rich I'd send you to Greece (but you'd have to come back) :D Some day the boys will realize how very lucky they arr to have you.

Heather, thank you so much. I was beginning to feel a bit of a freak. I'm hoping it totally clears up now and does not return. Good luck on selling your home and finding what will work for you.

Lisa, I think Jack and I are of the same mind as you and your DH. We are thinking a quiet country setting on a couple of acres sounds ideal for us. The bigger plus is being close to his Mom and brother. You are so right that pricing is much more suitable here in MO, however we are looking in extreme southeast MO. We have found the cutest old farm house on two acres nestled in amongest big trees. It was built in 1930 but has been totally rennovated. It also has an oversized two car detached garage that would be perfect for Jack's woodworking shop. There is a big old barn that could house the riding mower, etc. Jack too is very handy, there is not much he can't build and/or repair so he could do what work there is we would like done. Seriously considering the possibility.

Janetr okc
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
    morning peeps and welcome new peeps ! windy and rainy day today
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Good morning friends. Have a super day. Off to play golf this morning. BBL

SueBDew in TX
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,302 Member
    Good morning to all!

Janet ~ Sound like you and Jack have found a new nest. From what you say, it would be perfect. So glad the tests came back negative and hope you get well soon.

Glo ~ I can just imagine what life is like managing a child with that disorder 24/7. You are an angel and seem to be making good decisions. Happy the younger GS got his spelling words down. I am awful at spelling and have to constantly look up the correct way to spell words. It's a bit funny because one of my areas of study was English.

Got to go walk the dog and water the seeds...LOL

Carol
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3