WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2016

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,922 Member
    Options
    Mary,roflmao.gif

Did some walking this morning and some other useful stuff, then slept for almost four hours after lunch.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

ide hm 2 gym- 13.53min, 12.7amph,147mhr, 120ahr, 2.9mi= 107c + 24c
    ride hm 2 gym w/watch- 13.24min, 12.9amph, 148mhr, 123ahr, 150mhr, 75c

JOG- 36.06min, 6.1-6.4sp, 9.36ap, 148mhr, 133ahr, 3.76mi= 308c + 30c
    JOG W/watch- 36.01min, 10.13ap, 136ahr, 150mhr 171spm = 248c

ride gym 2 dome- 7.38min, 11.1amph, 142mhr, 118ahr, 1.4mi = 82c
    ride gym 2 dome w/watch- 7.28min, 11mph, 118ahr, 135mhr, 1.37mi = 41c

ride dome 2 hm- 19.16min, 7.8amph, 152mhr, 129arh, 2.4mi = 189c + 27c
    ride dome 2 hm w/watch- 18.48min, 7.9amph, 157mhr, 130ahr, 2.49mi = 120c

total cal 767
    w/watch 700 cal

after doing the comparison of the old way of tracking and the new watch that kirby got me; the differences are big sometimes. it's got a lot of really cool features, and after weighing the pros and cons, we're going to return this one (30day return policy so i had to make sure to make up my mind within the 30 days) and he wants to get me a newer iPhone (i have a 5 and wants to get me a 7) that is water resistant and has more memory and 2 hrs more of battery life. he just wanted me set for the marathon thats coming up.

speaking of marathon, i am grossly under trained for it and i am gonna feel it when i run it... it's gonna HURT and HURT BAD!
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hello, Mirthful Mamas!

I finally have my desk relatively cleared enough to check in properly with all of you... thank goodness. It was a bit hairy for the last two days because there are a few things that only I can do... and of course, they had to be done NOW when I got back.

I was so busy yesterday that I couldn't get to the gym! Had an early morning Doc's appt for DH and worked until and ungodly hour, here. But, today, I was able to resume my usual, get up, go to the gym routine, thank heaven. I swear, the exercise is the only reason I lose any weight at all. I just love food too much to have too many restrictions on what I eat. But, the scale remains happy, and even my DH lost weight on our trip. I swear, I fed them, I really did! LOL.

Tomorrow, already, it's Friday - so it's jammie day at my house. I am ready for it.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Heather – I loved reading about your trip and seeing the marvelous photos! And I just know the photos for your listing will be fab! Have fun making bees... and HEY – I haven’t seen a pic of our girl in AGES – what is up with that? My hands are starting to shake, over here... I need my fix!

Gloria – I am sending you whatever strength I can to help with your Grandsons. ODD can’t be any fun for anyone – but, I am sure you are doing whatever can be done to help your boy grow up to be a functional human being. ((Hugs!!))

NYKaren<3

Lisa/WTX – Hope you had an uneventful and efficient press day, yesterday!

Allison – I hope Chester is healing up well. Glad you got some great deals!

Kate – 13 pounds on your kettle bell – you little Studette, you!

Janet – Girl, you can have your country setting. I am a city girl. I want to be smack dab in the middle of town – with no exterior maintenance. I suppose if I needed a woodshop – or anything more than a computer and a close proximity to a gym, I might feel differently. Glad to hear that the tests all came back negative. Hope the rash is gone for good!

Pip – That is so weird that the watch doesn’t give you the same data. I wondered if you would keep it. Have fun with the new phone! LOL – Honey – you work so darned hard ALL the time, I find it hard to believe that the marathon is going to be THAT awful. Thinking good thoughts~!

SueBDew – Hope golf was fantastic!

Carol – Somehow I missed what you planted... what kind of seeds are you tending, these days?

Karen/VA:p

Katla – Hope the MRI shows very good news!

Barbie – I am so glad you came thru surgery with flying colors and I hope you are healing up, nicely! Good on you for following your Doctor’s instructions – as frustrating as it may be, at times. The weeks will fly by, and you will be up and dancing before you know it!

Lenora – Sorry about the technical difficulties! Hope you get the TV thing all figured out, soon.

Marcelyn – Going to the gym should be like brushing your teeth, you just get up and do it every morning! Great work on building that habit.

Joyce – Glad your boys have been able to overcome those alphabet issues...

Vicki – ((Hugs!!)) It is good that your other Sister will be able to intervene and make sure everyone is informed. Sorry about the lab... OUCH.

Mary – LOL – too funny. Hope you have a great time on your vacation!

KarenE - B)

Sue/WA – Hope you don’t get any flooding! And good luck with retaining power in the storm.

TammyLee – Welcome to another Texas Girl!

DJ - *waves*

Cheri – It’s nicer in TX when it gets cool, huh? Hope you are enjoying your new home.

&&&&&&&&&&&

For those whom I have not greeted - HEY GIRLS! Hope to see you soon. I am off to make grilled cheese and tomato soup...

Hugs for Everybody!!

Re in TX
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Vicki: I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you'll soon be able to remember the good times. :broken_heart::heart:

DH had an MRI this afternoon and it was long and painful. He's headed up to bed at 7pm. Poor guy. He wanted to move our box springs out from under the mattress before bed and I told him I'd be happy to help tomorrow. We're both too tired right now.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • pipcd34
    Options
    IremiaRe wrote: »
    Hello, Mirthful Mamas!

Pip – That is so weird that the watch doesn’t give you the same data. I wondered if you would keep it. Have fun with the new phone! LOL – Honey – you work so darned hard ALL the time, I find it hard to believe that the marathon is going to be THAT awful. Thinking good thoughts~!

For those whom I have not greeted - HEY GIRLS! Hope to see you soon. I am off to make grilled cheese and tomato soup...

Hugs for Everybody!!

Re in TX

kirby did tell me that if i wanted to, i could get a chest strap that would give me a more accurate reading. he says that when you ride a bike, and your wrists are bent, that can restrict blood flow giving it a not so accurate reading. also the watch measures your heart rate differently, they all have their own way of measuring. my average heart rate (ahr) and my maximum heart rate (mhr) on my stats are almost identical... i dunno. it's got cool features and even tracks my steps that i don't usually track or care about., shows the weather and a lot of stuff.

the marathon is gonna hurt. i'm still gonna do it, but i haven't done enough long runs so it's gonna hurt. running is different than biking. treadmill running is different than outside road running...
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    https://www.facebook.com/SeasideAquarium
    There is a video on this site that shows our windy and rainy weather. It's crazy today. Suppose to rain all weekend long. Today I stayed in the apartment all day long, doing Christmas projects and looking at the weather from inside. My son is dealing with a sore throat, so I felt bad for him going to school. He didn't have a fever, just hoarse. He gargled with warm salt water before we went outside to wait for the bus....in the rain....uck. He did have a coat on, his head covered. I went overboard a bit last night with "mothering him". He looked at me and in a calm voice stated, "Mom, I am a senior, going into the Navy, almost 18 yrs old!" It was then that I realized dang I better be a good mom and let him be. Until he is older and appreciates the uber spoiling! Some times when I know I am just mothering him too much I just give in and state, "Ok now breathe out, now in....ok blink....again! He then smiles and doesn't take it to personally....

I lost 1.2 lbs last TOPS meeting. I shall take it! We had a "White Elephant" auction after the meeting. We all brought stuff we didn't want, and others bid on it to raise money for people wishing to attend the conventions the TOPS association puts on. It's a regional thing. The group pays for the admission fee, and other stuff. I bought a Japanese lucky cat (plastic) that the paw waves on it. My eldest son will love it. I started the bid at $3 then when it got to $5 I bugged out. My friend Fran bid $6 then gave the item to me. I love her. My friends are just all like that. That is why I love my TOPS meetings so much. When I know I have gained I will take my lumps because friends support you no matter what. Also attending the meetings is a great mental "reset" button for my life.

Vicki so sorry about your Mom. My thoughts are with you friend. Losing your anchors is never easy, nor do you ever get "over" it. You just cope. My Mom passed about 17 yrs ago, and because we were states away, my connection with her was by phone. After her passing I would pick up the phone and want to call someone, but of course the person I really wished to call couldn't answer. I called my MIL a lot during those times. My sisters and I decided that grief is a strange thing. A word, a scent, a picture could set it off, and then it was like you are hit in the face with a wave. So we all decided just ride it out, cry, and just hold on to something, someone. It too shall pass, and now after 17 yrs, I don't get hit in the face too often. My thoughts of my Mom are calm, special, and serene. She was a great Mom. Though she spelled with her thumb un-consciencely when she would hold the steering wheel, she was amazing. Yep you could look at her thumb and see her brain work. It would spell STOP, or YIELD. lol

Be well all, husband needs computer...
    Becca
    in rainy windy Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    having a sick puppy is like having a newborn.. I only got 5 1/2 hrs sleep last night.. think he has been outside to much ,and gotten to much exercise.. he will be in the crate for today. when he tinkled this morning there was quite a bit of blood..
    so will call surgery tech who is also a friend of mine and see if I need to bring him down.. have the weekend off and I am sure will be busy here at the house...
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Morning, my chickens...

Heather, those pictures were amazing... thank you for bringing us something that most of us will probably never see. While my DH and I are apparently pretty adventurous, comparatively, going overseas is probably not in the plan. Won't rule it out, there are some things I'd like to see, still, as would he... but there's just still so much of our own country we haven't seen!

Gloria in WA - I salute you. Your dedication to your family is unparalleled. I'm not sure I would be able to do what you're doing, and I adore my grandkids.

JanetR - We could end up being neighbors. :) Since our daughter's at Fort Leonard Woods, she and the hubby and kids are going to do a road trip for us this weekend and check out one place in Thayer: http://www.landwatch.com/Oregon-County-Missouri-Land-for-sale/pid/3032261, and one in Potosi: http://www.landwatch.com/Washington-County-Missouri-House-for-sale/pid/3823375. The first has more land, which has good and bad things, and the second has more house. The prices are unequaled in the U.S.

We discussed last night that we could go ahead and buy without moving yet, if the price is right, and have it waiting for us when we're ready to flip the trigger. Just the thought of grass and trees makes us both yearn for it, but the warehouse has to sell in order to give us a couple of years of breathing space in terms of living expenses. Believe me, I know there's work to be done to get either building in shape to actually live in--but we have the camper to live in while we're doing it.

Got some good news yesterday--I submitted all the paperwork to get the property tax burden lifted on the warehouse earlier this year, but they told me I'd submitted it too late for the current assessment. The bill came in yesterday, and someone must have read it anyway, because they cut it in half, dropped it almost $1,000! Made us both feel as if we're doing something right...

Back to my efforts to get this sale set up... three weeks left, but it's very doable in my spare time. And now that we have a clear focus, we can look at everything in a different way. We'll see how it all goes, my dears.

Lisa in West Texas (for now... :))
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    (((Gloria))) and again (((Gloria))) If he was able to stay clean for seven years he can get back on track again. Becoming and staying well is a process. You are right living with you is not an option.

:heart: Margaret
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    hello-2.gif
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    945076uyzon4w470.gif
  • pipcd34
    Options
    morning peeps - well this day was kinda of a bust already.
    riding on the way to work yesterday morning, kirby got a flat, he was going downhill so that was a +
    he left his bike in his locker and was off this morning and was going to take the beast to the gym then pick up the bike afterwards. i was going to take the bug because i was going to a football game at 5 after work and i wasn't going to have time to ride home, change then get there. well this morning the bug wouldn't start. i guess we just don't drive it enough. he didn't want to go to the gym so he can deal with charging the car and picking up his bike. so no workout for me, didn't ride the bike either. i later found out the game started at 7 not 5 so i could have ridden the bike. then later i found out the game is cancelled due to the storm... oh well. the only other + was kirby is off so i got to spend a few more minutes with him this morning. weird taking a shower at home.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Mary ~ That looks stormy!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    Options
    I couldn't get the whole rainbow in in one shot!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,922 Member
    Options
    :) Good Morning, the storm isn't as ferocious here as it is in Seattle or on the coast but there was enough rain that the dogs didn't walk so their after breakfast walks with Jake were very short. I had hoped to have the house to myself for an hour to sit in the recliner and knit and watch my recording of "Grey's Anatomy" but I barely had time for my 5 minute walk in the house before he was home with first one wet dog, then the other. It doesn't look promising for me to walk outdoors later, so I may just call this a nightgown day and not try to wear jeans at all.

:)Re, I agree with you that going to the gym should be as automatic as getting up and brushing your teeth.

<3 Barbie from stormy NW Washington t112004.gif
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Had a nice lunch out at the pub with my brother and sister in law. :D I had a half each of two starters. o:) Two white wine spritzers. >:) Calories OK. I haven't had a snack this pm, so I'm actually quite hungry now. Salmon and brussels sprouts for dinner.
    Still not sleeping well. Too much turning over in my head.

I'm going to leave icing the cake until tomorrow. Should be time.

Gloria - We are so powerless when it comes to our adult children. I wish we could wave a magic wand and make it all better. :'( You are doing the right thing by not intervening. <3<3<3

Got to tot up my calories now.

Heather UK