Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Hi all: DD and I wanted to work out in the yard and see if we could at least get started on a temporary enclosure out in back for the horses so we watched several videos on how to build an electric fence. We have some of the things needed including a charger but need to purchase some things too. Went to TSC and did not find anything we needed. By the time we got back home it was raining. Currently we have a sunbreak but don't expect it to last and everything is wet. Not sure I want to work with electricity in this situation. We did get a good few tips from the internet though.

Barbie - Glad you are home. thanks for keeping the thread going.

Carol - Hope you had a safe trip.

Mary - I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Janetr - This seems like a really nasty rash. Are you seeing a rheumatologist?

Melanie - Glad things are coming along with your home and your DD found an apartment. Hope things continue to improve.

Gloria - Yay for internet!! Good to hear from you again.

"The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate." Oprah Winfrey

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    :)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I haven't been on in over a month. I think I posted my September goals and never posted on here the rest of the month. One of my goals this month is to check in daily and post at least once a week. So...having said that, I am finding as I read the October posts that I am quite behind in what's going on with everyone.

Life has been a little stressful the past few months, so I feel like I'm starting at square one again. My eating habits are not so healthy. Lots of emotional eating. I have to get control of it. Not sure how to do that, but I'm determined to stop turning to food for comfort.

Heather: Have a wonderful holiday in Spain! Safe travels to you and your DH.

@KJLaMore Can you tell me a little more about the "living wall" garden you mentioned to Heather? That sounds really interesting. We moved from our home in the country with quite a bit of land to a small city home with a small yard and no garden. This year, we had 3 patio tomato plants but next spring I hope to expand. I love gardening and love eating freshly picked vegetables.

Dana, Langley, BC, Canada: I love your idea about the Excel spreadsheet to measure your progress. You have some really good goals and gave me some new ideas, so thank you for the motivation! Welcome to the group!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend. Time to relax with my DH, watch a movie and then get some sleep so I am bright-eyed and busy-tailed for my lunch date tomorrow with my DD and DGD.

Tracie in Wisconsin

*If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got! Time for a change…*

October Goals:
    1. Weigh less at the end of the month
    2. Drink half my weight in water daily
    3. Cut out the foods testing positive on my Food Sensitivity test
    4. Sugar below 29g per day
    5. Meal plan and do food prep on the weekends for the week
    6. Activity at least 3 times a week
    7. Meditate every night before bed for better sleep
    8. Enjoy each day and be grateful for what is…
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Carol, was wondering what happened to your smiling face. Just glad you are here.

I have felt kind of useless today as my daughter Michelle's dog died during the night and she didn't want to let anyone else into her pain of the loss. But she just now called and we had a good cry. He was abused as a young dog by men, a wolf, and life in general. That's how he got into the rescue system and Michelle fostered him. It took her about 2 years to gt him socially rehabbed. But he had a couple of tumors and terrible back issues the vet was giving him steroids which was just a bandaide to the pain. She had planned on putting him down this past Thursday but the doctor convinced her to try more steroids for him. Last night while she was at work, he peed on himself which was unusual so she bathed him. She put him in his cage for the night instead of having him in her bedroom with the other 3 dogs. She has 2 other huge dogs and was afraid they would walk on him in their excuberance and play. So she laid down with him, gave him a hug and kiss and went upstairs to bed. When she got up he had gone during the night. Apparently he had had a seizure since he had again peed and pooped on himself and blood around his tongue and mouth. So she is blaming herself that she stimulated him by giving him the bath. But she gave this abused very scared dog unconditional love for 6 years and the companionship of her other dogs, dogs at the dog park and the joy of living with a family. She texted me this morning and didn't want any one around or even call her until she was ready. Her other dogs know something is different, they just haven't figured out it is their brother.

Joyce, Indiana
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    hey everyone typing one handed so please excuse the lack of capitalization

janet - thanks for the good thoughts and concern.

my surgery went well. i got in the surgical room about 2 pm and was home around 7 that night. i did not have any bicept tendinosis so my recovery will be about six weeks in the sling and PT. my post-op dr visit and first PT session is monday. i think the worst thing was removing the pain pump catheter and my excezma flaring up from the tape. i had the pain pump for 3 days. today I got a glorious shower!!!!!!! lol pain is only really bad at night so i soldier through the day using relaxation and breathing avoiding the pain pills.

my daughter came out each day and made me lunch. this week i will be on my own. i am going to go out and attempt driving tomorrow to see if i can handle it. thankfully i dont have a manual transmission car anymore.

So glad to hear you are doing as well as can be expected, please be careful with trying to drive. Don't rush it. <3

Janetr okc
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Joyce, Indiana: I am so, so sorry to hear about your daughter's loss. It is heartbreaking to lose them. Our black lab is getting pretty slow and I dread the day he doesn't come greet me in the morning. ((HUGS))
  • janetr7476
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Sue in WA wrote "Janetr - This seems like a really nasty rash. Are you seeing a rheumatologist?"

If this doctor agrees with the one I have been seeing, the rheumatologist will be the next step. Jack and I will have to decide at that point whether to return home or continue our trip. If I do need to see a rheumatologist, I think we need need to go home to find one there.

Janetr okc (in SE Missouri)
  • katkearro
    katkearro Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    @jmkmomm I am so sorry for your daughters loss. I have an old pup myself and I tear up just thinking of her passing. But I hope she can gain comfort in knowing the pup had the best life a wee doggy can have. Your daughter is fortunate to have you to support her in this difficult time.
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Barbie hope you are doing okay. I'm trying not to worry. :) Gentle (((hugs)))

Janetr
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Did 45 minutes of Personal Training with Jackie DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a yoga DVD

Gloria - I didn't even noticed the fantastic hairdo! Wonderful

Alison - you must have been REALLY tired. So glad you got a good night's (and day) sleep. When we go to the condo, I have a list of things that I need to take because I know I'd forget something

KJ - knowing barbie, even if she didn't get home from the hosp. in time to start us for October, she would probably bring a laptop to the hospital to do it!

Went to Hallmark to pick up some ornaments and the Death Star tree topper. I just don't feel like going to the farmer's market today. Maybe I'll go next week. Have to lector at the church today and afterwards I'll go to Bi-Lo to get items on sale and Vince needs milk

Starting to get decorated for the Halloween party. Brought in the truss for the one decoration which we hung from it, Vince brought in something else so he can hang this bat and also a laser that projects on the ceiling. Right now he's going to get this thing so he can hang up a blacklight. We'll probably put a white sheet in front of my exercise room which is where the palm reader will be (the palm reader is the pres. of Newcomers. She's a real palm reader, she doesn't just make things up).

Dana and Julie and Michelle - welcome!

pip - heal fast!

Marcelyn - so glad the surgery went well and you're on the mend. Regarding the shower: sometimes it's the little things, eh???

Toni - welcome back! and Happy Birthday

Joyce - my heart breaks for Michelle

michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,926 Member
    Options
    <3janetr, I am worrying more about you than I am about me.

:) Right now my challenges are still p**ing and p**ping but I have some meds that should be helpful with that. My other problem is with my natural inclination to over-do and be more active than I should be right now. I have to be ever vigilant to keep a proper balance among walking, sitting, and lying down. The drugs for pain are working well so I feel like I could get up and do things I shouldn't.

:) Jake has been a darling, making three trips to town to get my prescriptions, library books, daffodil and tulip, bulbs, and bring a check to our friend who watched the dogs for us when the boarding facility had to close down unexpectedly the day before we left. Mixed in with that, he did five loads of laundry (and let me fold it so it would be done my way), fixed meals, walked the dogs four times, and helped me with my shower.

:) The pets are really happy that we're home

:)Marcelynh, I'm glad to hear that your surgery went well....take your recovery slow so you don't have a setback.....let others help you.

Resolutions for October
    *follow the directions of the medical professionals for recovery from surgery
    *make daily use of my word for 2016-- "alacrity"....I will greet all experiences in my life with cheerful readiness
    *knit three blankets for Project Linus

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington

• janetr7476
    Options
    Barbie, silly me, of course you would be more worried over someone else. Please do take it slowly so you recuperation is total. Don't worry about me. I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of this shortly.

Yeh for Jake.

Janetr okc
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    What happened to Pip? I'm missing something. And more surgeries - DrKatieBug & Marcelyn. Hope all of you who recently were in the hospital are recovering well!

Just got back from my daughters' houses. DD#1 gave me a DVD player they didn't need anymore as mine bit the dust last week. DD#2 gave me a sheet for DGS#1's drama class. They are studying Greek mythology and will be doing a play so need the sheets to make Togas.

Bye for the night - I'm off to bed!good-night-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    <3 Rosie
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,219 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Hectic at the moment. Trying to get my head together to pack. :#

Had our usual chaotic Skype with the grandchildren and DS. We were trying to talk about the move, but pretty impossible. He did say he didn't want us round the corner, or to bump into us at his local shop. :o:D

DH had a full scale panic in bed last night. Just as we were trying to get to sleep. It was really, really bad. He does this very occasionally, so I know how to deal with it, but basically he is curled up naked on the floor, sweating and whimpering and completely in another place.
    I used a cold flannel and talked him down. Then I made him a cup of tea and a biscuit and gave him a codeine. He did sleep eventually after having the light on for a while and reading. I have an eye mask.
    He is ok this morning, my birthday. :D Got me lovely, Spanish themed, presents. <3
    It is usually an anxiety thing around travelling. He will be fine when we get there. Plus we've had the move stress and his family stuff. Overdue, basically. :o It is very frustrating for him, but he really can't control it, it just takes hold.

Speak later. In a rush.

Heather UK
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    barbie your mindful meditation will help you find that balance when you stand and walk, I'll bet. So happy for Jake as he gets to care for you

Marcelyn my sis is 6 weeks out from shoulder surgery, it's been tough but PT and ice machine was consistently her go to and she is getting better every day along with more strength. Don't rush it though, she says her healing was really incremental.

So today is the day after my lunch with a former young colleague. If I hold to my old ways I will overdo it with food. So my plan is a light breakfast, hit the gym and follow my shopping list to meal plan for the week. I have a big pot of chicken soup to eat the next few days as well.
    NYKAREN
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Good morning all! Well, I think I have discovered the "Why" in regards to my blahs this past week. As the morning progressed yesterday, my throat started getting sore and my sinuses started to hurt. So...spent the day on the couch. I ate some eggs in the morning, but those didn't seem to sit well. Ate a pint of Ben and Jerry's, which my throat thanked me for, but my tummy complained for a while after that, then dh brought me some chicken noodle soup (Campbell's; but it's the thought that counts, right?) The soup went down well. And I dozed all day and was still in bed by 8:30. Still feel icky today, but have to get things done. I think I will be taking this to the next level and just switching from a basic cold and flu med to Mucinex which seems to work best for me. Hopefully, it will keep it more manageable for the rest of the week.
    Pip- Ouch! Hope Kirby made you sit and ice those knees for a while! Love and hugs!
    Traci in WI- a living wall is just vertical container gardening. Most of them that I have seen are for decorative purposes, so lots of ivies and spreading or climbing plants are planted. I think that my herbs and strawberries would actually do very well on a vertical wall. I do also have container themes like a "salsa" container or "pizza" container. Each of those containers have the ingredients for salsa or pizza sauce. My kiddos love taking care of those and helping to make the sauces. I may try those ingredients on the wall. Tomatoes may have to stay on the lower level. I have seen some walls that have the sprinkling system connected to the wall itself, but I don't think that is necessary. There are many images for living wall planters, online. You can buy them already built or build your own (which is what I would do).
    Marcelyn, Barbie, and Katie- You are all go-getters! Remember to allow yourself your recovery time! Don't push yourselves too hard! <3
    Hello newbies! I am fairly new (January of this year). I love this group of ladies. They hold me accountable and give me new ideas and inspiration to keep moving and trying new things! KJ(Kelly)