WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2016

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Margaret, I don't really think its anything like that. I started breaking out two days before we left home and had not used anything new or different. In a couple of days it will be four weeks since the start of this. :(

Janetr okc
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Happy Birthday Heather! I hope you have an absolutely wonderful time in Spain. My DD#2 backpacked through Europe in her early 20s and loved Spain except said that it was dirty. However when she got to Italy she wanted to stay - being young, blonde and beautiful I'm sure she got a lot of attention.

Pip you and my DGS#1 have matching knees. He was at the skateboard park - need I say more.sk8er-smiley-emoticon.gif

Margaret didn't you do a pallet garden this year? I am eager to know how it did and if you have pictures? https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/f0/79/01/f07901984a888b331178a57b587f74e4.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/302233824966231363/&docid=mks87LrIvHChHM&tbnid=cWL4bcPXO8dwHM:&w=500&h=422&bih=494&biw=1016&ved=0ahUKEwjP0ZfX5LzPAhUS32MKHXpoDKQQMwhJKCEwIQ&iact=mrc&uact=8

Janetr I think the dog you left behind gave you the rash so you would either not go or have to go back home! dog-says-no-smiley-emoticon.gif

Katla maybe if you wrap yourself in plastic wrap and lie becomingly on the bed in the guestroom DH will sleep there one night perverted-smiley.gif
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Gloria - I think that's t he best explanation yet. Poor Oscar the guard dog :(

Janetr okc
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    happy birthday Heather!!Barbie,Im sure you`ll find the balance.
    Toni,welcome back.
    Pip,sorry about ur knees.
    Had a great grandma day even tho the pumpkin patch was a wash.
    We had entertainment fro an almost 4 year old and 18 month.'
    hugs jane
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,507 Member
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,678 Member
    a quick good evening before I hit the hay~ Sean and Jean got home around 12:45 but Jean has the creeping crude, so I high tailed it out of there pronto... came home printed off some coupons and then went to Walmart to grocery shop.. did deep breathing exercises before going in,, as the weekends are just crazy there.. what I did is go through the health care part, then got my dads birthday card, then went for cleaning supplies, and dog food, then over to groceries.. thats where it was just wild, kept on with the breathing exercises ,if I didn't I probably would have busted out in tears... thats why I love going super early when no one is around.. but with taking care of Faith ya gotta do what you gotta do..
    Homer the sweet pup hasn't been feeling well over the last 4 days so will call the vet in the morning, and drop off a pee sample in case there is an infection going on..
    Chester the poor thing goes in on the 13th for another bladder operation at $1,000 . and ya know what.. Tom the numbnuts that he is doesn't bat an eye, me on the other hand with any medical bill he has a COW go figure.. well off to bed I go will check in with everyone in the a.m.
  • pipcd34
  • ilikegardens
    ilikegardens Posts: 134 Member
    Heather, Happy Birthday!

Barbie and Marcelyn, Glad you're both in recovery. May it go well for you.

Katla, hope you don't have to move the mattress back.

Pip, Ouch!

I had to travel for work last week. I completely blew my calories for a couple of days. My goal for October is to learn how to avoid food that I'll eat too much of while I'm traveling for work.

Today's workout:
    30 squats w/band
    40 squats, 4x30 sec balance, 80 taps on balance board
    2x10 side steps w band
    Kettlebell swings: 7x7x35
    Kettlebell 1-arm swings: 2x10x20
    Kettlebell deadlifts: 5x10x40
    Kettlebell military press: 1x20x20 (10 each side), 1x16x20
    Kettlebell windmills: 2x3x15

And a big wave to everyone!

KarenE
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Happy Birthday, Heather. Have a wonderful trip.
    Pip - take care of those knees.
    Been decluttering my study all afternoon. Only got half of it done.
    SueBDew
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Happy birthday, Heather! Enjoy your trip
    Margaret, love the zombie birds! How funny.
    My thoughts and prayers are with those of you who are recovering or hurting.

Toni in Tennessee
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,332 Member
    Did 1 hr yoga DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do one segment of an ab DVD, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

It's really good to change things up. Remember I did the Personal Training with Jackie DVD yesterday? Well, in that DVD she uses the "pyramid" technique. That's where she does two exercises, one rep, then two and so on until you are doing 10 reps of those two exercises. Then she goes on to another set of exercises. Well, today I can really feel my outer bicep

barbie - pain pills can hinder your p**ping. I remember many years ago I had a hemmerhoidectomy (hope that's the right spelling). Anyway, I wasn't taking the pain med (I have a high tolerance for pain) and Vince kept asking me "are you taking anything". It got to the point that I was beginning to wonder if I was somehow hindering my healing by not taking them. So I called the office and they told me that if I didn't need them, not to take them as the pain meds will make it more difficult to p**p. "(and let me fold it so it would be done my way)" -- don't you mean the CORRECT way???? Vince always says that he'd only get me a maid if I absolutely needed one because he knows me and I'd clean before the maid got here because I didn't want her to see the house a mess and then I'd clean after she left because she didn't do it the right way.

Heather - it never ceases to amaze me how wonderful you are with your hubby. Happy Birthday

Got up and while I was exercising put a turkey breast in the oven to have later in the week. I knew it would take about 2 hours to bake. Then made a BBQ corn chicken casserole to take to Mexican Train Tuesday. Vince really wants to go, to me I wouldn't mind at all not going. Then made a fudge cake for one of the gals who runs the ceramics. It's her birthday Wednesday. I tried putting the rest of the icing that I'd made but that cake really isn't made for icing, maybe just some confectioners sugar on top. Well...live and learn. vince is putting up more Halloween decorations.

Tomorrow is one of my busy days. Exercise, then bowling, then home for a quick dinner, ceramics, then mahjongg. I'm on the third coat of paint for the pelicans, so they should be done fairly soon. then to work on the tree stump they sit on

Have to confess. I had a cheese sandwich last night. Well, I did want to get those cheese slices out of the refrigerator. I usually keep them for when Jess comes, she many times wants to have a cheeseburger. So now they're out of the refrig and I won't be putting any more in until the summertime rolls around. Vince needs to grill chicken tonight for us to have during the week. I have it marinating. Actually, I'm planning to have it for dinner tomorrow so he really needs to get it done.

Charleen - great job tiling! I'm not ready for snow. You can keep it

Margaret - OHHHH, those zombie flamingoes look so so neat

Alison - hope Homer and Chester feel better fast

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    stats for the day:
    jog- 9.22min, 128ahr, 9.19ap, 6.5sp, 1mli= 92c
    other- 3sts of 15ea w/8#weight 6 diff exerc. w/bosu ball; 2 different exer w/10# 3sts of 15,135mhr, 58min = 302c
    rowing machine- 10min, 110mhr, 54w, 1630meters = 60c
    total cal 454

took out the winter bike, no backpack, now using the pannier.. gonna miss those compartments on the backpack.
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 392 Member
    Pip, those knees look kinda painful! Hope they heal soon!
    Got in another bike ride before it started pouring this afternoon. 15 miles today and 14 yesterday. Really wanted some chocolate cake tonight so I did but the daily tally is still good...
    Betty
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Allie, how in the world do you get a dog to cooperate in getting a pee sample?
  • pipcd34
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Barbie - as one who is right there with you, stool softeners. a must have when on pain medication. the first couple of days were rough but ..... things are flowing nicely now. i take the max dose every day as long as i'm on the pain meds. softeners, not laxatives.

marcelyn
    the one-armed bandit in Texas
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,904 Member
    <3Pip, your knees look like they will bug you for a long time...hugs to you

:)Marcelyn, I am taking a stool softener, a mild laxative, Metamucil, and eating foods with good fiber.. I p**ped big time at 3 AM.

:) About balance...today I took a 90 minute nap in the recliner, a two hour nap in bed with all three pets, folded laundry, and had short phone conversations with three friends.

Heather, t3302.gif
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,042 Member
    Heather Happy Birthday to You! :flowerforyou:
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Jane, so glad the grandbaby is well enough to go home. I’d have been a wreck, too.

Juanita, congrats on your loss. Keep up the good work and come visit with us a bit more often. 

MicheleTX, welcome. I love cruising and yours sounds like an absolute blast. Good luck on getting those knees in shape. Come here often for lots of support and information.

Dana, welcome to you as well. It sounds like some great goals so we will all look forward to your progress.

Joyce, I know it is such a hard decision about fixing up the house or selling it as is. Depending on what all needs to be done, it is usually worth the money to fix many things. If it is a house you would like to stay in, if fixed up, it would definitely be worth considering. Try not to keep yourself awake at night with visions of handymen dancing through your head. dancing-smiley-face-emoticon.gif

Margaret, good for you on working to speak up for yourself. People shouldn’t be able to say unkind things and get away with it. You go girl!!!

Pip, sorry for your fall but even with swollen knees, they are still purdy!

Marcelyn, so happy to hear from you. Please take care and heal quickly!!

CarolGA, I knew from the post that it was you but wondered what the deal was with the new nic.

Toni, so happy to see you back. Don’t you leave us again. (((Hugs)))

Tracie, welcome back. No one said it was all easy but you can do this. We are with you!!

Joyce, that is so sad about Michelle’s dog. It is so hard on us when we lose a loved one like that.

Barbie, so glad Jake is stepping up and happy you are feeling that good!!! Just take your own advice and don’t overdo. (((Hugs))) gently

Heather, t3304.gif Sorry about your DH’s panic attack. It does seem to happen before most of your trips. At least you know what to do. (((Hugs))) to you both.

Kelly, so sorry to hear you are trying to get sick. Sending healing thoughts for a short and fast cold.

Charlene, I love the tile and it looks like a pro job!!

Carey, congrats on your losses for last month. Keep up the great work!

Heather, it sounds like a lovely birthday. Have a wonderful trip and we look forward to hearing all about it.

Margaret, I love your birds. LOL

Allie, that is amazing that Tom will spend $1000 on a pet and raises hell about spending $500 on your health. Go figure?

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

We had a Chinese auction at the Moose today. It is always fun even if there’s nothing I want or nothing I win. I did get some beautiful evening bags that I can use on the cruises. (Don’t go anywhere else formal any more.) Won a new keyboard for DH’s computer as his “M” has stopped working and a couple of Christmas items. Tomorrow night is our regular meeting night and it’s Christmas in October so I get to take out my Christmas sweaters. Woo hoo. Long day so heading to bed.
    Sending love and good thoughts to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day! halloween-ghost-2.gif
    Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC