Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Toni! You slipped that in on us. Now no time to plan a party.

Pip, you look so much like your mother, big smile and I'm sure an equal personality. Good thoughts to her.

Penny, the pics you send us of your lovely home area are usually so beautiful but this video makes it look so bleak. Sorry your jogging area is gone but glad you weren't there during this time.

Was feeling my lower legs last night and I was delighted. They are as bald as a baby's bottom now. I was always so jealous of my Mom that her legs had no hair on them. Both my Mom and MIL had a small appetite and no hair on their legs. I just figured it was one of the wonderful things that come with aging. OK, the hair on MY legs is going so why do they have to instead find their way up to my neck and chin???? Yeah, yeah I know the medical reason. I am just questioning God on this. And the appetite, well I haven't lost that yet. Maybe I'm just not old enough yet. Or maybe it's because I can go to the store and buy my own food and Mom was in a retirement community and MIL was in a nursing home. Both of them had all meals fixed for them. Mom's food was good where she lived but still she didn't have a lot of snacks in her apartment. MIL had us buy bags of individual candy bars like Mini Snickers but she ate them slowly. Dear God, when will I get my decreased my appetite?????

I don't know why but I couldn't get comfortable in my sleep number. Then I looked at the remote and saw that the setting had changed to 0! So when I got it back up to my 55 I was able to go to sleep. Surprise Joyce!!!!

Joyce in sunny Indiana
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,826 Member
    Options
    This morning I changed the curtains in my bedroom and cleaned the fan. I also sealed the window with the air conditioner in it with plastic. Then picked all my neighbor's green tomatoes. (They didn't want them) and picked more raspberries from my bush. It is still producing! I am amazed at that bush! Now, have to finish a report for my class, then I haven't decided yet. Trying to post more often and make this a habit. I am logging all food so far today. I took off my weight loss bracelet and won't put it back on until I lose the 7 pounds I gained the last couple of months. Incentives!

Rita from Berlin, CT
  • ilikegardens
    ilikegardens Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Pip, sending warm and good thought to your mom. Lovely picture of the two of you!

Joyce, LOL! I know, life's not fair that we get hair in places that we think we shouldn't!! And don't even get me started on appetite...

KarenE
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Jmkmomm- NOOOOO!!!!! Don't say that, I don't wanna look like her
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Joyce - You are wishing yourself old WAY before your time! <3

Love to you, Heather UK
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    (((Penny)))

Happy Birthday Toni :flowerforyou:

Pip warm thoughts to your mom.
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    KJLamore - Wow you little energizer bunny!

Carol you are doing such an awesome job with all of your emoticons etc. I can tell you're having fun too!

Penny the news coverage kept saying the slide was at the cemetery. Did it actually come down over a cemetery? BTW I loved that when I clicked on your link a little popup appeared asking if I wanted to translate the page!

Pip healing prayers for whatever is ailing your mom - physical or mental. Do you live close to her?

Becca - not a furniture moving bone in my body anymore although I must admit that I have been thinking about moving my furniture lately to better accommodate my chaise lounger so i can use it more often. But then I would have to rehang my pictures etc. I decided it was way too much effort!

Allie - I hope someday someone takes care of you the way that you so selflessly take care of everyone else.

Heather - I'm getting worried that you may be on the path to 'declutter addiction' - an urge to declutter at bedtime just doesn't sound right! Better warn DH to stay out of your decluttering path or you may declutter him!lol.gif

Uh oh - DGS#2 just got home and the door is locked so he's freaking out outside. He knows I can't just jump out of my chair. It turns out he's really upset because he has to make an 8X11 'mural' of things about Fall. He said it's "going to take FOREVER". I am doing my best to stay calm . . . ohmmmmmmmm

We got a small packet of purple cake mix from the food bank so mixed up and in the oven.

Off to the store to buy chicken so I can cook and freeze like our energizer bunny. Tonight will be soup of some kind.

Later gators,

Gloria in WA OHmmmmmmmmm

• pipcd34
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Gloworminwa She's in CA, I'm here in WA. I will b there from 11/2-11-7 for the marathon. I am going to save up more hours so I can spend a week with her
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Liz – Prayers for you! <3

Toni in TN – Happy Birthday!!!!! ;)

Lisa – Yes, those Mondays roll around very quickly; but, I don’t mind … get to see my favorite show – “The Voice”; but, I have other nights that I like something from (usually) 9 – 11 when the local news comes on, then occasionally, I will watch Jimmy Fallon; but, lately I have not watched him either.

Pip – Hope everything is OK, sending a lot of {{{{{hugs}}}}} o:)

Heidihurl – Bookmark this page by clicking on the outline of a star at the upper-right-hand corner of the top of the page; during the last day of October, Barbiecat will post a link to the next month; make sure you bookmark that one as well, then when you click on the solid gray star between the bell and gear, it will take you back to your last post. Some of us find it is easier to open up your Word Processing Program and put them side-by-side so you can read and post to those you want to. You can NOT go back a page, unless you actually post/save your current post, then you can; but, that is why we open up and use our WPP to do this. Tell us about yourself and your interests. What you prefer to be call and location (general or specific). You’ve come to the right place for encouragement and support.

Joyce – I have little hair on my legs, arms, under arms, and some other places including my eyebrows. Quite often, this is about the only ‘good’ side effect of menopause; that and not having a monthly cycle. I've never had thick eyebrows, I have to powder mine on. Then, the powder starts making me itch, where I powder them in. Tomorrow, I am still going to get them waxed and have them show me how to make them look correct.

Lenora
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is the day! Surgery is at 10:20. Not sure how long guess I didn't ask enough questions. The one good thing is the answers that should come! Like what is next? What stage ?

I am more afraid of going out it makes me fearful don't know why but it does!

I will try to post tomorrow night but not sure. Just need to see!

Wishing everyone a good night!
    Liz
    Caldwell, Idaho

<3 I know your surgery is different from mine, but it helped me to just stay in the moment and not ask about what comes next because there are so many things that could happen....just be there, ask questions as they come and follow directions.....I am thinking of you <3
  • barbiecat
    Options
    heidihurl wrote: »
    Hello All,
    I am new to this group and would love to join in. Hopefully this thread/group of motivated 50+ers will start again in November!!?? I am turning 59 in 3 days and hope to have a fantastic year until 60.
    Then, I will have to find another group. Ha!

Welcome...yes this will go on into November....it's been going since 2009 and is still a great place for support and encouragement....please keep coming back.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :) My step count will be good today. Walking is the only thing I can do to be active---no lifting, bending, dancing, housework, riding the exercise bike. I am excited about my recovery as I look back to the day after surgery when I could walk for about five minutes with a walker and a strap around me that I nurse held in case I started to fall. Today I took two walks alone in my neighborhood including a short uphill and downhill stretch. I also took a two hour nap.

:)Rita, I bet you'll have that bracelet back on in not time....keep hanging out with us.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington 1757676kbci8k68ij.gif
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,826 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies! Well, I walked the dogs a second time and managed to get 0ver 10,000 steps today! That's two days in a row for me. Now, my feet hurt! LOL. Had soup and sandwich for lunch, worked on and finished my school reports all afternoon, walked the dogs, baked muffins, had yogurt and banana (plus 2 warm muffins - couldn't resist!). Now watching tv and playing on the computer. Done for the evening. See ya'll in the morning!

Rita from Berlin, CT
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    Options
    A quick good evening ladies-
    Ray passed away at 3:30 this afternoon..he is at peace..spoke with Ruth...and Re- please Pm me your address,Ruth got the box today and with all that has gone on today hasn't really gotten to go through it but she would love to send you a thank you card..
    I had to make quite a few calls after work to pass the message of Rays passing along.i was able to finally contact his niece and nephew.well gonna try and get some sleep.. will check in in the am
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    allie sending you love and strength. <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,
    Once again no notes….

Happy Birthday Toni!
    Thinking of you Liz –
    Barbie and Marcelyn – you both are doing so great on recovery!
    Allie – sending hugs! I am so glad you got to see Ray
    Heather – So glad that de-cluttering is working so well! And even if there are things you are not ready to let go of, just celebrate the ones you are.

I am finding the news and mail so full of politics very stressful… not only is there presidential contest there is a local contest that is almost as verbal and angry… it seems to sap my energy, so I am trying to not pay any attention.

Tonight is my bookclub and I am exhausted, walked about 7 miles and gardened for 2 hours, it is windy and rainy today, I kinda want to stay home but I don’t want to disappoint the gals. But 6:30-8pm I can do this!

October Goals:
    2 fun things a week, Lunch with friends 2 times….
    Read and report on a book
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday
    Work on water consumption -

Smiles.

Kim from N. California