WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2016

Options

Replies

• IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hello, Marvelous Matrons!

**Y’all are making be BLUSH** Thank you for your kind words. I hope that I can continue to provide some entertainment, and lots of love, to all of the fantastic females on this thread.

Another Glorious Week has passed, another Christmas Challenge Weigh in has arrived... That stinking Puffy Princess at least cut me a break and while I show no loss for this week, at least I could put down no Gain. I was worried Saturday when the scale was reading 230... but, *whew* I managed to get a LITTLE of the puff down. I drank GALLONS of water and iced tea this weekend... LOL.

STARTING WEIGHT: 244
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 228
    TOTAL LBS LOST OR GAINED (THIS WEEK) : 0
    TOTAL LBS LOST OR GAINED (ALL WEEKS):-16
    GOAL WEIGHT: 220
    TOTAL LBS AWAY FROM GOAL: 8

Miraculously, still on track for my 1 lb per week goal - so, I can hope that it will all shake out in the end. I would LOVE to lose that additional 8 lbs before Christmas... and I am willing to sweat to do it. :D

However, I must confess, the last few days have NOT been entirely beneficial to that plan...I have been eating poorly these last few days – not over CICO – but generally eating junk. (And for someone with a fairly regular diet of tacos, that is saying something.) I am fairly certain my urge for deep fried foods, aside from my general hatred of cooking, is due in large part to the oncoming joy of womanhood – expected any moment, now. I am hopeful I will find a little more appetite for veggies after next week. For now, I am just rolling with it. A few days of deep friend junk won’t kill me... and I won’t let it cripple my efforts. Darn those people at Walmart for putting fried okra, chicken strips and Jalepeno poppers on burnout, anyway! I promise, my friends, to by-pass the deli, next time I go in.

Please get out your big boots and feel free to kick my behind to remind me that fried foods are BAD.

Not much excitement going on in my life – which is all to the good. I still don’t have a fence quote from my guy – but, since I don’t have an excess of money to pay for a fence, I guess that’s ok. I will keep socking it away and hope that whatever bid he gives me is miraculously low. I am just happy that my AC is fully functional and eligible for a tax rebate for energy efficiency.

I wish I had more time to reply to all of you, today, but, the hour grows late, and I must soon depart, to partake of a deliciously fried repast.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Barbie
    – Back at ya! (Hugs and healing thoughts!)

Allie – I will. Although I do hope both you and Ruth will allow yourselves time for grieving, and not worry about me. (Hugs!)

Lisa – So happy to have been of service... My Muse fees are $500 per idea... (lol) Love the TX Toast... keep em coming.

Pip
    – I understand better than anyone about not wanting to BE your mother – but really, a resemblance is perfectly OK. She looks like a lovely lady. I am thinking good thoughts for you and for her. (hugs!)

KJ – I hope you are feeling better and stronger, and ready to join me in eating better... (Hugs!!)

Cheri – Honey, I would bet a gazillion dollars you are just a little “homesick” for the last place... now that all the sound and fury has died down, you have time to be a bit blue. Change is always hard. Maybe you should call one of the friends from there – just to say “Hi.” Be kind to yourself. (Hugs!)

MountainMomma – You go, Girl – make that man get his own food! LOL.

Karen/VA – Thanks, Sugar. I like “go forward with a fierce heart.” I may use that... usually I just say I am a mean old hag. :]

Lenora
    – My DH’s doctors are all used to me being right there, with him... sometimes, we hear things differently when the doctor’s talk... so it’s good to have two different accounts of what DH is supposed to be doing. Besides – I have to drive him there, I might as well be a witness.

SewBDew – Thank you! Posting pics is as easy as clicking on the icon that looks like a sheet of paper and finding the picture you want. Can’t wait to see your Asia pics! That sounds very exciting – and we all love travelling vicariously.

KarenE – Bosses with way too much on their plates is also the “norm” in this new Corporate paradise. My situation isn’t so bad... it’s just the constant underlying worry – and I am afraid that is just the way it is going to be, based on the world we live in, today. *sighs* Sorry you can’t visit more with your Mom... but, I agree. You can’t feel too badly about her decisions.

Carey – We can only hope that what our doctor’s prescribe will actually have a beneficial effect... lol. See my note to KarenE above... my situation isn’t horrible – just that nagging worry. Love the Pokemon joke.

Rita – marvelous to have you back!

Heidihurl – lol – you won’t have to find a new group... we have no upper age limit. Welcome!

Everybody else – sorry Gals – I will try to catch you, next time!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I have to run, my Dears... but, I will return, tomorrow – a little greasier and the worse for wear, but, I will return.

Hugs for Everybody!!

Re in TX
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Yo.

Marcelyn in Houston
  • ilikegardens
    ilikegardens Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    <3
    KarenE
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,558 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 14.7min, 12.3amph, 145mhr, 2.9mi= 141c
    SPIN- 36min, 80r, 105w, 9-16g, 134mhr, 116ahr, 14.3mi = 258c
    ride gym 2 dome- 7.16min, 11.6amph, 136amhr, 1.4mi = 71c
    ride dome 2 hm- 22.24min, 6.8amph, 150mhr, 2.5mi = 205c
    total cal 675
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Re- don't get it twisted, i don't want to LOOK like her. i have no problem with our similarities in personality because we do have some. her issues are physical not mental.. her age is just catching up to her. her sciatic just kicked her butt.n my sister said, someone has been with her 24/7 for the last 5-6weeks
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Gloria, so happy for you. Forgiveness is the best thing you can do for yourself. ((((Hugs))) Great work on bringing happiness into the home!!

Liz, sending good thoughts for you and your surgery. (((Hugs)))

Toni, birthday-party-smiley-emoticon.gif If you had let us know sooner, we could have baked you a cake. Hope it’s been a good one.

Heather, I hope your DH loves his new mattress and sleeps like a baby. Well, some babies sleep good and some, not so much??? LOL I went through about 4 new pillows before I found one that I love. You try to get the feel of them at the store but until you actually sleep on them, it’s hard to tell. And you are right that they have become expensive.

KJ, wow have you been busy. I wish I had the energy for all that work. What is the temperature like outside there these days? My DH did mow the yard since it finally dried out enough after Matthew.

Penny, that is an amazing video. I hope you get the dry weather you need soon. Sorry you are having to take on so much with your teaching partner out of commission. (((Hugs)))

Katla, I hope you will be able to send pictures soon. What is his name? Did I miss that?

KarenE, Congrats on your loss and how wonderful that you can move better!!!! Keep up the good work.

Pip, great picture of you and your mom. Positive thoughts are on their way!!!!

Heidi, welcome. This is a great place for support and motivation so come often. We do have a new thread start each month and the link will be posted here. You are welcome to move on after 60 but there are those of us that were over 60 when we started here. We just let all you youngens hang around. Lol Please tell us more about yourself to help us get to know you and sign each post with the name you want to be called.

Joyce, I’d love that part about the lower appetite but don’t think that runs in my family. sad.gif

Heather, sometimes it does take going over the same items a few times before I can let go of them. I am so much better that I used to be but some things just seem to want to stay? It sounds like you are doing a great job of decluttering.

Barbie, you are doing so well with your recovery. I really expected you to but I am still amazed at what you can do. Keep up the good work. I know it is hard for you not to be doing more.

Rita, you are becoming a walking machine like so many of our other ladies. Good for you!!! walking-the-dog-smiley-emoticon.gif

Janetr, that is a beautiful RV resort. I’m sure you are enjoying it.

Re, when you were talking about not eating right and said for now you would just roll with it…..I expected a joke to follow? Guess my mind just went with me rolling when I overeat. What can I say? Congrats on not gaining. Sometimes that is all we can ask for.

The doctor checked out my knee today and doesn’t think there is any real injury. Offered a shot in it to get rid of the inflammation and thus the pain. I declined and said I’d ice and elevate for now since it seems to be getting better. Going down the stairs is actually the most painful and I only have to do that a couple of times a day. He said I can exercise and even line dance as long as it isn’t hurting. Think I’m not quite ready for line dancing yet but hopefully soon.

Sending love and good thoughts to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day! rainbow-smiley-emoticon.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Pip – I did not want to look like my Mother either (mainly because she was heavy most of my life and I was embarrassed by it); but, now … I am ‘glad’ that I look like my Mother and more importantly had her ‘skin’. She always was heavy; but, a lot of that was because of breaking her neck in a Christmas Day wreck where she was the only one in the car that 'saw it coming'. Had to wear a 'neck brace' that held her head up at a 45 degree, 24/7 - no exceptions. I’m now about the same weight she was when she and my Daddy got married. Elastic-like skin and I don’t have stretch marks or wrinkles. Most people are surprised when I tell them that I am 65 years old. Most think I am in my 50’s. Guess that makes DH happy – that way we can say I’m his ‘trophy wife’ … which I am not; but, we had a son to have a young wife, and a baby … she’s now 20. But, people don’t think DH is 75 come this November either. Never say never and don’t say what you do or do not want … it comes back to bite you quite often. Still love ya! You rock, because you do so much in the way of exercise and encouraging us to do better, even if we’ll never catch up to you. :#<3

Allie – So sorry for your loss. :'(

Re – I know the first time I went with him to his GP; I did so, because I got so tired of my boys saying that DH had ‘early Alzheimer’s’ … jokingly; but, it was NOT a joke in my mind. His GP made me feel a lot better when he and I discussed what would start happening 'if' he had 'Alzheimer's'. I did not have any history of it, neither has he. I'm very tempted to tell DOS, the next time he says it, that maybe if he really thinks that, then, he needs to take over the painting business and let us enjoy ourselves while we can. Of course, he does have a little ‘age-related dementia’ (forgetfulness); but, most of the time he is ‘sharp as a tack’; but, I sure wish that he’d get his hearing checked. Sometimes he get that ‘deer in the headlights’ look because he has not ‘heard’ something and is trying to figure out exactly what got said. Sometimes you will say something to him, and then 10 minutes later, he brings it up again. Crazy as a fox! But, he is my fox and I am his. B)<3o:)

Lenora
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    (((Alison)))

Janetr great picture!
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    All I have to say is tomorrow will be a better day - Ohmmmmmmmmm
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,225 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Best wishes to those down in the dumps <3 This time of year can be hard for SAD . Gloria - Is your counsellor available for a session? (((HUGS)))
    KIM - If I worried about politics I would never get out of bed. Our Brexit vote nearly did me in, but life goes on. The small things in life can make me happy - like throwing away an old handbag! :laugh:

Re - I am APPALLED at your fried food diet. APPALLED! Stop it now, do you hear! Stop it! Eat some decent food or those bad, impoverished, gut microbes will get you and the carcinogens will kill you. >:)>:)>:) Eat some d****d vegetables, do you hear me!
    <3<3<3<3:D
    Any one who wants to know about the effects of a bad food diet should read the book, I Contain Multitudes.

Love Heather UK

My yoga friend is coming to my house today at 10 am for a session. :D Then I have a food delivery at 1pm. The delivery is mainly for our Provençal pastis. >:):embarassed: Can't get it anywhere else. :o
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Sherry in Portland - hello, and welcome! Support you will find in droves here, and we're glad you came. There will be a November thread, built by our lovely and talented Barbie, and she'll post a link on the last day of October. Stay with us, it's a lovely bunch. :)

Re - having my own struggles with the junk food monster, I sympathize, but am trying to take Heather's kick in the kiester for you to heart for my own self.

Dreading press day tomorrow. Don't know if I mentioned a couple months back that the water heater at the newspaper office blew a valve overnight on a Sunday and flooded a large part of the building. We've all had the sniffles and sinus, etc., pretty much ever since. The workmen will begin pulling the ancient carpeting out and replacing it with laminated flooring tomorrow.

On press day.

This is TL;DR, my apologies ahead of time.

Every single solitary desk in the building sits squarely on the carpet that has to be removed. My boss, who is generally a force of nature, happens to be long-time good friends with the contractor coming in to do the work, and didn't fight hard enough for it to be delayed one more day.

Oh, at one level, I understand it--small town, only decent contractor's availability, and it genuinely needs to be done, and has needed to be done for months. But to say it will be a zoo tomorrow is underestimating the cacophony that is about to ensue. I've done this kind of work myself, and it is not possible to do it quietly or without disturbing the inmates. When desks move, they have to move all at once, and they can't come back until the flooring is back down.

I was tempted to go in super early this morning AND tomorrow (when I usually go in super early only on press day) to see if I can get the majority of the paper done and dusted before the workmen get there. But after a 13-hour day yesterday with city and county meetings, not even getting home until 8:30 p.m., I'm just not. At some point, I have to call a halt. She had the ability to say "wait one more day" and chose not to, so she's going to have to step up and work side-by-side with us right in the middle of the mayhem.

Why do we have to work onsite? 1) It's a Mac system, so I can't do the work at home, as I'm a PC girl, and 2) even my boss doesn't have electronic access from her home system because of the parent company's paranoia. Even if we could, no system in town or wi-fi connection here in the back of beyond could handle the three terabytes of data we have to access, as we're graphics heavy. We handle more data load than any other organization in town, even the hospital. Take my word for it when I say it's not possible to work elsewhere on press day. And they just finished hardwiring us to the main switch yesterday, as the wi-fi was bogging down under the strain of five computers hitting it at once. Which means physically relocating the computers even inside the building is going to get verrrryyyy interesting.

I do not work well in the middle of noise.

Off to look for my earplugs.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in West Texas
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,711 Member
    Options
    Lisa~
    May I suggest Noise cancelling head phones...
    I slept fitfully last night, tossing and turning.. thinking of how to pull Ray's memorial off , and get Ruth there to it.. she is wheelchair bound , and the only thing I can think of is to rent a wheelchair accessible van for the day.. and all in all if we do a memorial there will be about 12-14 people .. which isn't alot but would like to get together afterwards for a meal or something.. but don't think either Ruth or Ray have money for that, and I dont have the money to shell out for all of it..
    see this is what flies through my mind as I try and sleep...
    Thursday I am going up to talk to my dad, about his final plans.. I do NOT want to go through this again..
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    allie didn't you say you were going to plan a memorial for a later time? Wouldn't that make it easier? If not, whatever plans you make will be above and beyond and any act of love on your part will be appropriate and a blessing.
    Once again, sorry for your loss. Take it one step at a time and breathe
    NYKAREN <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,711 Member
    Options
    NYKaren~ yes planning on thanksgiving weekend... but there is alot of other veriables
    have a bit of a sore throat and am stuff, and today is my long day 9-6.. all I know is will take some nyquil tonight for a good night sleep...taking Chester in to get his staples removed tomorrow and then thursday taking Homer back for an Ultrasound... OY
  • pipcd34
    Options
    morning peeps-

thanks for the nice words grits. (still don't wanna look like her)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,225 Member
    Options
    DH outside raking up leaves. :D
    My friend came and we did 70 minutes yoga together. It was more a stretch and bend with a lot of chatting, but at least we did something. I think I worked rather harder than she did. :laugh:

This afternoon I am going to watch a property programme while I ride the recumbent bike. Heard a professor of biology on the radio the other day who does 4 to 5 hours of that while he is working on the computer! !

Will also tackle one more box for decluttering. :sad: I am useless at the sentimental stuff.

Chunky cod tonight with roasted cauliflower and tsatsiki. :D Followed by the last of the pears from the tree, stewed. With homemade yoghurt.

I am being sent lots of decent properties by email, but can't really do anything about them yet. :#

Love Heather UK
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,858 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies! Day two of making the effort to post more. Slept well until my Chewbacca (10 year old Shi-Tzu) decided he needed to go out. He's been in and out since 3 am. Not normal for him.

Allie- so sorry for your loss. I don't know how you do all you do.

Leonora- my DH has been fighting hives since July. He's been to 5 docs so far with another appointment today. I go with him too. I wish he would have his hearing tested... selective hearing??

Lisa form West Texas- I used to work at a publishing company too. We replaced our rug with flooring but had time to prep. I was IT and it was a nightmare moving desks and computers for that. Even with fair prep!

Off to get ready for DH DR. Hope they figure it out soon. DH is miserable and so thereby me.

Rita in central CT