WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2016

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Gloria you go girl friend. You brought tears to my eyes. We go throughout life carrying anger, resentment, greed what ever it is and we are missing life. I used to often tell my daughters, this is not a dress rehearsal, this is the only chance you get. I'm proud to call you my friend.. Thanks for reminding all of us that it is indeed a choice. <3

Janetr
  • janetr7476
    Options
    DJ I used to eat a banana every morning for breakfast on the way to work because it was easy. No more, don't know when I last ate one.

Let us know about your knee. Sending good thots.

Janetr
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Gloria: You've touched my heart...thank you for your words of wisdom <3

DJ: Hope the knee gets better soon and hopefully without surgery

Carey - Northern Alberta
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    Wow, it has been a nice weekend. Sunny and dry so DD and I got fence posts put in for our temporary pasture out back and dug three more fence posts we needed out of the swampy area near the pond. We also got most of the goat feeder dismantled and out of the barn. My nephew came and picked up the refrigerator from the old mobile home on our property that he wanted. Just seemed able to get lots done. DD, DS and DGD went this afternoon to Wolf Haven south of Seattle. They rescue domestic born wolves that are not appropriate to be released to the wild. Eating has been good. Need to take my truck to get the tire checked tomorrow. It goes down very slowly. It must have some tiny leak somewhere.

DJ - Hope you find a good solution for the knee.

Margaret - So sorry about your mom.

Katla - Congrats on the new grandson. Glad mom and baby are doing fine.

Marcelyn - The grands are lovely. It must take some doing to get them all together and still.

Glo - You are right. I do not want to spend my days being angry. Working on forgiveness.

Mary - Safe travels home. Sounds and looks like you have had a lovely time.

Allie - So sorry for your coming loss but glad you got to say goodbye even if it was a lot of driving.

Sending healing angels to all who need them and congratulations to all with victories. Sue in WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Ok I moved around the eating area/den area, and my husband is growling about that.... lol! Change is good, he hates when I move stuff around! I think it breathes new life into your home. I puttered around today. Dusted, cleaned and just straightened up. Have thought of more things I need to organize round' here!

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. Wish we could just meet all for coffee and a chat!
    Becca
    with a new coffee maker, in
    Oregon
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :)Rita, I'm glad to see you posting here again. I hope you can find a way to make visiting this thread a regular habit for your day.

:)DJ, I'm hoping you'll find a solution for your knee that's not too intrusive

:) I walked longer outside today as well as walking in the house putting away laundry and talking on the phone and got over 10,000 steps

81824br5uyrfrsr.gifBarbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington t113030.gif

My word for 2016 is "alacrity"....I will greet all experiences in my life with cheerful readiness
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,115 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Lisa – You have the ‘right’ idea. If things are meant to be (and usually they are for one reason or another); then, like you said … you’ll stay or you’ll go wherever and make it 'home'. We transferred with the company DH worked for at the time of our marriage; first we were to go to Savannah, actually would have lived just outside of Savannah; then the guy who had that territory decided that he would not give the territory up. So we then go sent to Jacksonville, found an apartment; and then told ‘no, we ARE going to send you to Savannah’. Whoops! They made the necessary things happen to keep the man in Savannah and leave us in Jacksonville. Lived there for several years. I got pregnant, got transferred to Albany, then I had to find a ‘new’ MD. I ‘knew’ I was pregnant, just had not had it confirmed by MD. Sister told me that ‘everybody’ went to one in particular; who had just taken a new partner. I saw the older OB and was told, indeed to you are pregnant. Long story, short; I ended up having a very complicated pregnancy and in the 5th month had to be put in the hospital for them to ‘figure out’ what was going on, because they could not find a fetal skeleton and my red blood count was down to about 6 (should have been 11 at least). Spent 3 weeks in and OB figured it out. So, I did not have to have a hysterectomy, thankfully. Now, I have 2 boys/grown men … 40 and 38; but, they will always be my ‘babies/little boys’. Both are a lot taller than either DH or me. We had been to Macon; which I loved, near my parents and that is where DYS was born. Oh, and I was pregnant when we moved there, too. Then, they sent us back to Albany (which had been ‘home’ for a long time); but, they are right … “You never can go home again.” We ended up having to make a whole new set of friends; the former ones had moved on and we just no longer fit in. Sad; but, true. But, now we are in Dawson, small town N/NW of Albany. I’m sure a lot happier here. But, I could be happy anywhere I needed to go.

Joyce – Thank you so very much for this link to the FB ‘Finding Your Peace Within. I was copying them and then it knocked me off; I’ll try later and then start from where I was. So very much of it is true. I have to remind myself of it a WHOLE lot. Especially, when dealing with certain family members. It reminded me of when I did an 'Inspiration Jar' for my DOGD when she went off to college. I've decided to do the same for me!

Glo – I am going to also forgive DnL#1 for all the ‘crapola’ she dishes out. I know that it is the best she knows to do because that was all she grew up living and seeing. I will stop thinking she can change, until she sees ‘fit to change’. I won’t let it interfere with my happiness.

Becca – I used to play ‘musical furniture’ ALL the time; when we moved out here, and DH drew up the plans and it was being built; I think he made it so that the ‘only’ area I could possible change things around is the den. The heaviest furniture in the house to move. I did, change the placement of the sofa to where the chairs were. Took me 4 hours to do it! He hated it!!!!!! Needless to say, I spent another 4 hours the next day putting it back! Haven’t changed anything since! BORING as it might be … it is the best way for it to be arranged. But, it is OUR house, so we do things to spruce it up, from time-to-time. In fact, we probably need to go and 'purge' things; but, that will be 'my job'.

Watching "Salvage Dawgs" ... I can remember there being a place in Atlanta called "The Wrecking Bar" and when I was going to 'art school' we'd make weekly trips out there to just look around. Such a neat place to find very 'different' things to go into an 'art project'. I don't know if they are still there or not, it was in a pretty 'seedy' area near the Atlanta Zoo and Cyclorama.

Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Gee, I think the best thing I like about Windows 10, is the Cortana 'search' bar, so that you don't have to open up a separate 'search engine' to find out anything in whatever program you happen to be in when you need to. Other than that ... it is neither 'here nor there' insofar as whether I like it or not. Doesn't work the way I want it to or gets slow, I chat with technicians and they go in and 'fix it' remotely.

Lenora
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,
    So I read everything, well truth be told scanned everything… and took no notes -
    Let’s see – happy dances for lower weight and bling-y jeans
    Big hugs to Margaret and Allie… saying good bye is so hard, my mom had a good friend pass this week, and there are no words… just hugs.
    Moving/not moving/ timing of moving and all that – be true to yourself, be honest about what is best financially, physically and emotionally, and then move forward.
    Pictures – all of them are wonderful, I love seeing the pictures of family (furry and non-furry) and places we are traveling
    Newbies -welcome one and all, each of us have found a slightly different way to leave a healthier lifestyle than before, but all of us seem to agree that by truthfully and completely logging our food we have learned a lot about portions, and calories
    Clutter control, downsizing, cleaning out, I don’t do it as often as I should (thank goodness I am not one to collect much) but love it when I do… The garage is due!

So I committed to a book report this month and here it is…

The Summer I Dared by Barbara Delinsky
    I was given this book, and expected it to be a light weight “summer read” romance. I thought it was so much more than that. It is a fun novel, but under it the surface it is about a woman who in her 40’s is reinventing herself. I thought of all of us more than once. It is set in New England, and it has some history, and information on living on an island, on lobstering… I thought it was a fun read, yet there was a layer of thought and a woman finding her strength and would recommend it.

October Goals:
    2 fun things a week, Lunch with friends 2 times….
    Read and report on a book
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday
    Work on water consumption -

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    <3
  • Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies ,

@Maraget. Sorry to hear of your loss!
    @Mary. Love your pictures

Tomorrow is the day! Surgery is at 10:20. Not sure how long guess I didn't ask enough questions. The one good thing is the answers that should come! Like what is next? What stage ?

I am more afraid of going out it makes me fearful don't know why but it does!

I will try to post tomorrow night but not sure. Just need to see!

Wishing everyone a good night!
    Liz
    Caldwell, Idaho
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Liz: You're in my thoughts and prayers <3
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Hello Ladies ,

@Maraget. Sorry to hear of your loss!
    @Mary. Love your pictures

Tomorrow is the day! Surgery is at 10:20. Not sure how long guess I didn't ask enough questions. The one good thing is the answers that should come! Like what is next? What stage ?

I am more afraid of going out it makes me fearful don't know why but it does!

I will try to post tomorrow night but not sure. Just need to see!

Wishing everyone a good night!
    Liz
    Caldwell, Idaho

Sending prayers that all goes well with the best news possible a t this point. (((Hugs)))

Janetr okc
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Welcome, welcome newbies and welcome back Rita.
    Margaret and Allie - you are in my prayers.
    Peach - love the story about the kitty.
    Liz - prayers for the best outcome for you.
    Barbie and Glo - your poster and words... Yes forgiving lifts us up. It's a process.

Today is my birthday. I had to work but it was a very nice day. A dear friend who moved away in June sent me the sweetest cross stitch of a little gray kitty nicely framed for hanging. When I opened it I gave the picture a great big hug! I miss my friend so much. Well be celebrating with my son and family when I get back from my trip. He turns 40 on Nov. 3. We'll do both birthdays on the night I get in.

Thinking of all of you tonight.
    Toni in TN
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Toni- Happy Birthday! Have a great day Celebrating!

Liz- I hope all goes well with your surgery tomorrow. You will be in my prayers for a good outcome and recovery. (((Hugs)))

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Toni Happy Birthday! I used to have a tea kettle that had been a dear friends before she moved away. I treasured that tea kettle and thought of her every time I used it. Good friends are hard to come by and even harder to see go.

Gloria in WA
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Laid a big old guilt trip on my step-son (who I raised as my own) and he has now promised he is coming Thursday to fix my washer. It was the old my aching back from carrying all that laundry back and forth and it worked - hee hee. A mother's got to do what a mother's got to do! laughing-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Went way over cals yesterday but hey ho today's a new day, Just done 30 mim Leslie Sansone vid with hand weights and
    a kettlebell workout
    2 handed swing 3x17x13
    1 handed swings 3x17x13
    Overhead Press 3x10x13
    Not sure of jargon for this

Kate UK