Biggest blunders you've done?

Options
12346»

Replies

• felixb882
    felixb882 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cutting my calories too much at the beginning of my journey. 1200 calories really didn't work for me! Anything under 1400 makes me weak and cold, tbh. And from these attempts, i've found that muscle catabolism is no joke. My neck in particular showed the damage, all the ligaments and muscles were showing. I looked so haggard. And I still had stomach fat... Never again! Slow and steady wins the race!

• tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Making chocolate chip cookies on an empty stomach. Just.. .don't do it.

I eat way too many, and the huge rush of fat makes me sick as anything. But somehow, even knowing this, I still think that *this* time I'll know when to stop nicking cookie dough early enough to prevent it.

Always make chocolate chip cookies after a satisfying meal.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Buying into a calorie is a calorie. I was always hungry eating 100 calorie snacks...chips.. cookies.. turkey dogs and trader joe's guilt free mac n cheese .all that. Nutrition matters and I lose better when I'm eating vegetables and making all my own food.

Yeah, but that isn't "buying into"; but "misunderstanding". Nutrition matters AND calories count.

see..this person is hungry that's why they're so mean.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Wasting a 'bulk' (i.e. going on a couple of long trips spaced a month apart and having an 'f-it' attitude concerning how much I was eating the whole time).

I'd have been just as happy eating a bit less, and a lot more happy if I could have taken advantage of the extra calories by lifting. There were no weights, free or otherwise, while out of town and while I was home I was working my way back up to 'heavy' weights for me. So not much benefit there.

Ah, well. At least I reined myself in before going up a size. Now I just need to get my head on straight again.
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Having a Monster "protein" shake pre- and post-workout, then wondering why I wasn't losing weight (hint: they're about 200 calories each)
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    ashjongfit wrote: »
    bethanyka wrote: »
    getting a matching tattoo with my NOW EX-Fiance

as far as weight goes, I agree with the above, All or Nothing mentality! and trying to lose X by X. never works for me anyway. Trying to work in that crazy concept of moderation these days :smile:

SAME, we got our wedding rings tattooed on, looking at removal since its been three years and I have a daughter and am with the guy I should have been with in the first place LOL

1. Lose 100 lbs in six months
    2. 1200cal, no eating back workout cals
    3. Not seeing that stupid entry for garlic that makes it like 10x the calories.
    4. trying to have to large of a deficit
    The 1200 calorie garlic clove! Gets me every time. Not to mention accidentally entering the 1 gram quantity on 100 gram USDA foods. Ate 5000 grams of lettuce last night according to my diary, LOL.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Eating A LOT less than I should
    Thinking I could only eat ice cream if I "cheated"
    Not wearing gloves when I run in cold weather. Seriously, that's the only part of my body I get paranoid about with winter runs
  • lauramdx4
    lauramdx4 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm still beating myself up about eating all that candy Halloween night 1998. A date which will live in infamy.

I JUST posted about Halloween 2001.... lol
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Listening to the dietician when she wasn't listening to me. (To be fair, she pretended she was. It took almost a week for me to figure out that she put everyone on exactly the same cookie cutter food plan. I was eight months pregnant. You don't put an eight month pregnant woman on a weight loss plan. But I don't think she even realized that's what she was doing.)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Listening to the dietician when she wasn't listening to me. (To be fair, she pretended she was. It took almost a week for me to figure out that she put everyone on exactly the same cookie cutter food plan. I was eight months pregnant. You don't put an eight month pregnant woman on a weight loss plan. But I don't think she even realized that's what she was doing.)

When Mrs was ordered to see a dietitian to get help gaining weight, the poor dietitian didn't have a plan. She started the meeting by describing the portions of a healthy plate with veg, starch, and meat, then she paused and stumbled over her thoughts until she finally said, "And put butter on the roll, and gravy on the meat, and have dessert, ice cream."
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Buying into a calorie is a calorie. I was always hungry eating 100 calorie snacks...chips.. cookies.. turkey dogs and trader joe's guilt free mac n cheese .all that. Nutrition matters and I lose better when I'm eating vegetables and making all my own food.

Yeah, but that isn't "buying into"; but "misunderstanding". Nutrition matters AND calories count.

see..this person is hungry that's why they're so mean.

Giving truthful information =/= "mean". What she said was 100% on the mark and there was nothing mean about it.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Feeling smug because I chose a breakfast muffin from the 'healthy and lower calorie' shelf at Au Bon Pain. Only to realise when I'd nearly finished the thing, that someone had put a 500+ calorie cranberry and walnut muffin on the wrong shelf.