Breakfast = most important meal of the day?????

Options

Replies

• TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I'm an IF'er, so I don't believe anyone has to eat breakfast.
    I don't really care if someone chooses to though...for whatever reason.
    I do believe that the "myths" of the benefits of eating breakfast are ingrained in most people...from various sources.
    ...but so are many other diet myths.
    I honestly don't believe eating breakfast is harmful either.

I don't know if this was your intent, but you are coming off as a teensy bit angry. lol

We're neighbors by the way. Hi! :glasses:

Didn't answer question
    GTFO
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I do believe that the "myths" of the benefits of eating breakfast are ingrained in most people...from various sources.

I don't know if this was your intent, but you are coming off as a teensy bit angry. lol

Didn't answer question
    GTFO

acwgi.gif

I do what I want!!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    MFP Golden Rule: Eat what you want, when you want, and don't be a **** about it.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    This clown I know swears that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

I usually agree with his thinking, so....
  • jeda1231
    jeda1231 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    most important - maybe not but there is something to say about filling yourself up in the morning to sustain from mindless snacking throughout the day

it works for me and I have noticed myself with more energy and self control with snacking throughout the rest of my work day when I eat breakfast - most days it is my biggest meal but it doesn't have to be to have the same effect. Balancing carbs and protein is key and I like getting most of my carbs (oatmeal) out of the way in the morning and having a really lean dinner

BUT that's just me - i think it is pretty important but not important enough to eat Fruity Pebbles all the time :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

na, I am not angry...I just see people repeating it over and over ...so I am just curious as to where it comes from ...
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I struggle to eat breakfast.... If I'm not hungry I don't bother
  • Factory_Reset
    Options
    There's another kind of breakfast???

smh
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,962 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoKnH3BsL7kdfhfMVn6UCZMOMA2WaDApxVr_I2qgRK409mnqz7
  • ndj1979
    Options

smh

yea, the one that our friends at Kellogg's are pushing...
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

smh

Don't eat breakfast if you don't want it.
    I don't get your big deal about this...

Maybe if you ate breakfast you wouldn't be so angry..
  • Factory_Reset
    Options

smh

:flowerforyou:

This fella knows what's up
  • tonafoto
    tonafoto Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Ha, and after reading your post, I see what the real question is. Where is the story of a good breakfast coming from?

Well, let me take you back to the beginning of the Industrial Revolution. From that moment on, society needed large amounts of labour, of workers. These people worked in the factories etc, and made long hours, little wages and 6 days a week, 12 hours a day or more.
    So how these folks started the day? Not with a cracker, I can tell you that.

They needed large doses of protien, like eggs and bacon. Also white beans and bread for the immediate energy. And if you started your day with a 1500 Kcal breakfast, then you could hang on to noon or so.

Also, before the IR, people lived more in relationship with rise and dawn of the sun, because there was no (gas or electric) light outside. They ate when it was conviened, and had there meals during the whole day.

During the IR, the foodhabits changed, because 3 meals a day was better to organise, and cheaper, because the employers did not lose any time (money) because their workingforce had to eat.

So, hope this answer can satisfy you a bit

Greetings
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,962 Member
    Options

smh

In Paris it was the croissants and late pushers....those smug *kitten*.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Ha, and after reading your post, I see what the real question is. Where is the story of a good breakfast coming from?

Well, let me take you back to the beginning of the Industrial Revolution. From that moment on, society needed large amounts of labour, of workers. These people worked in the factories etc, and made long hours, little wages and 6 days a week, 12 hours a day or more.
    So how these folks started the day? Not with a cracker, I can tell you that.

They needed large doses of protien, like eggs and bacon. Also white beans and bread for the immediate energy. And if you started your day with a 1500 Kcal breakfast, then you could hang on to noon or so.

Also, before the IR, people lived more in relationship with rise and dawn of the sun, because there was no (gas or electric) light outside. They ate when it was conviened, and had there meals during the whole day.

During the IR, the foodhabits changed, because 3 meals a day was better to organise, and cheaper, because the employers did not lose any time (money) because their workingforce had to eat.

So, hope this answer can satisfy you a bit

Greetings

so the industrial revolution was really the breakfast revolution...?? Interesting...

how does that Jive with IF'ers who fast most of day and then train fasted and have enough energy and to get through work out..?? I guess the counter argument would be that those doing manual labor needed higher calorie intake to make it to lunch?
  • ndj1979
    Options

smh

not angry, I am just asking a question ....
  • ndj1979
    Options
    oh, and I do eat breakfast....

I did IF for eight months..but felt like my evenings were full of cooking..so I went back to about three to four meals a day.
  • tonafoto
    tonafoto Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    What's an IF'er? I'm dutch, so I don't know all your expressions...

And yes... The IR changed society so much, we can't imagine. The way we live, when we eat, our work ethics, how we schedule our day and how school is organised... it al has its basics in that time.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Intermittent Fasting....
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    ive never eaten breakfast a day in my life and my metabolism has been fine. the only reason I started now was to add more calories throughout the day so I don't feel bloated if I overeat to make up calories later on.