He called me fat..

Options
12346»

Replies

• Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    next time you need to do is make a come back on him turn it around and be like lets call your mom and find out LOL see and then the other people will laugh at him and then he will get the point that you don't like to be messed with or insulted
  • healthymelisa
    healthymelisa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Awe, I feel the pain. A few years ago I was at my sister-in-laws house during a party. She bluntly said out loud "You look like you gained a ton of weight". I was horrified she would make such a remark with all my family and friends around. I run out of the house cry, so hubby and I took off home. Fast forward to today, we don't speak, but come to find out she has gained more weight than I currently weigh. What comes around goes around. He'll get his soon enough.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Too bad you couldn't have found something he's equally sensitive about to retort back about. I suggest trying baldness, penis size, chicken legs, poor fashion, IQ, disability to drink w/o getting n00b wasted, or manliness in general.

Might as well think of something in case you see them again. I knew a guy who liked to make fun of all his fat friends yo their face but it was a different story if someone called him bald.

This reminds me of when I was in 9th grade, and everyday when I was taking the bus, this older guy would make fun of my body in very personal ways non-stop. And he was overweight and his face was covered in acne and he was ugly. And everyday he made fun of me nonstop the whole way to school. I knew that I could have said so many things to insult him. But, I couldn't bring myself to be mean and hurtful to someone like that about their appearance. I just couldn't.
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Guys like that are hiding their own insecurities. He is a coward and it truley shows his character. My opinion, move on! Do not let him, or negative posting stuff on here bother you!! Not worth the breath:)\

Btw, true believer in Karma, he will get his;)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your friends are a bunch of penises.
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    well, this should make you want to get thin then.

I have already lost 25lbs in total, do you not think I am trying?
    Totally rude comment! Not necessary.. No need to respond for that! There more than likely is a reason this person has a cat for a profile pic....just sayn!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that happened, however, don't take it at face value. Being that you all had a few drinks and your history of bickering like brother & sister, it's no surprise that this eventually happened.

I tend to think this way. People often joke about things that really aren't funny after a few drinks. Or laugh along with jokes they usually wouldn't. It might be worth talking to these people to see if that was the case here.

And I have been called a fatty by close guy friends before-and I've never been close to overweight! I think it's something dudes joke about with each other and forget that women can be more sensitive to that kind of thing.
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    “We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

get some new friends.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I was out drinking one night with friends and one of the guys that I didn't know very well told me I was fat. It wasn't my best moment but my instinct kicked in and I punched the guy square in the face. The next morning I was horrified that I did that but at the time it felt pretty good.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I'm all for punching people straight in the face in these sort of situations. But seriously, your "best friend" is an *kitten* hole as well. She should of immediately put him in his place.

Ha! Jinx!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    Honestly, after a few drinks, I probably would have either slapped him or punched him. Probably harder than intended. No lie.
  • Teardrop81
    Teardrop81 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Sometimes fighting fire with fire works, like hitting them below the belt after they've done it to you, and sometimes it just escalates things. It sounds like he has trouble interacting with people in a positive manner, resorting to criticism of others just to get attention and make everyone laugh. This is his personailty flaw, not yours. If you are not comfortable giving it back to him, then you probably need to strike them from your "friends list". Find others who are able to communicate and have fun in a positive manner.

It will be difficult to let these people go if you've been friends a long time, but stick to your guns. You don't need their crap.
  • bdtyson77302
    bdtyson77302 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I don't even like being called skinny. I just don't think its appropriate to comment on someone's weight. And sometimes it really is better to just cut people out of our life. Who needs enemies with friends like that?

You did the right thing though. That guy sounds like he's an idiot. He certainly isn't as funny as he thinks he is. He's lucky you are such a lady....I'm not sure I'm that much of a lady!! :)

By the way, I hope you know how beautiful you are! I checked out your profile (stalker!) and you have no worries girl.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I don't even like being called skinny. I just don't think its appropriate to comment on someone's weight. And sometimes it really is better to just cut people out of our life. Who needs enemies with friends like that?

You did the right thing though. That guy sounds like he's an idiot. He certainly isn't as funny as he thinks he is. He's lucky you are such a lady....I'm not sure I'm that much of a lady!! :)

By the way, I hope you know how beautiful you are! I checked out your profile (stalker!) and you have no worries girl.

This is why the Internet isn't such a terrible place.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I doubt that the intent was to be hurtful (as you said many of them were overweight and still laughing). My response would be, "Umm yeah, why choose a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    don't let it get to you. i know that is easier said than done.. i have been laughed at and called fat my whole life. i've lost 30 lbs now and people still call me the "chunky girl". people are a-holes... props to you for not stooping to his level or hitting him.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Honestly you are a better person than me because I would have thrown my drink in his face. Get a better crowd of friends.
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful as you are. You deserve kind people in your life. Someone who would say something like that is ugly on the inside & not worth your time... Who needs enemies when you have friends like that?
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel doll, and it is terrible. I am sorry that happened to you. Sending big hugs your way!

p.s.
    You are very beautiful don't let *kitten*****s like that, get you down!
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the replies.

Tequila - I have one important thing to say to you: Consider the source.

He's a *kitten*. I bet he's been critical of you before this instance. This time he found the button that hurts. And I also bet that he'll keep pushing it as he knows it gets a reaction out of you. I wouldn't respect a jerk like this; and anything he had to say to or about me would have absolutely zero currency. Don't let him get to you; he's no better than dog poo on the bottom of your shoe.