Proud to be a snob

Options
I never heard of "clean eating" until I started reading these message boards. I guess that's what I do. I see a lot of people putting down those who choose to eat this way.

I eat organic whenever possible. I don't eat anything that comes out of a can (except black olives). I don't eat anything that comes out of a bottle unless it has 3 or less ingredients and they are all natural ingredients. I drink raw milk, when I drink milk. (I usually use organic unsweetened almond milk). I don't eat pre-packaged meals or fast food ever.

This is what I feel is the best thing I can do for my body. I don't tell anyone else that they should follow these guidelines. These are my personal choices. If that makes me a snob, so be it.

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I think kipping is hilarious.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    What's a natural ingredient? What's an unnatural ingredient?
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I know a couple fish eating vegetarians.
    Cool.
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    This is the way I was brought up to eat, by my parents. I have never heard it labelled in any way until I started frequenting diet and fitness online resources. Funny that someone would have something to say against it! There is nothing negative about it, only positive.

But I have to admit I have not stuck with this habit, that's obviously why I'm here.....................
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand this is in this forum why? :yawn:

Attention seeking....it's bad.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    cool post, bro . . .
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    if that's what you feel is best for you, cool. As long as you're not saying you're better than everyone else for it...
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    What's a natural ingredient? What's an unnatural ingredient?
    This ought to be fun
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    This is the way I was brought up to eat, by my parents. I have never heard it labelled in any way until I started frequenting diet and fitness online resources. Funny that someone would have something to say against it! There is nothing negative about it, only positive.

But I have to admit I have not stuck with this habit, that's obviously why I'm here.....................

People usually only bash it when people say this is how you should eat to lose weight, or get into shape. Not for people saying that's how they eat, it is the ones that try to push it on others that get bashed here, or those that call it "clean" yet can't really say what that means.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    cool post, bro . . .

This.

Edited because my comment was rude.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    cool-story-bro.gif
  • EnviousDan
    EnviousDan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I don't eat anything with any chemicals because all chemicals are bad.
  • KissMeImShtFaced
    Options
    Do you know how you can tell if someone's vegan/has a gluten allergy/eats organic/shops local/does crossfit? Don't worry, they'll f****** tell you!!!
  • Laac68
    Laac68 Posts: 55
    Options
    I never heard of "clean eating" until I started reading these message boards. I guess that's what I do. I see a lot of people putting down those who choose to eat this way.

I eat organic whenever possible. I don't eat anything that comes out of a can (except black olives). I don't eat anything that comes out of a bottle unless it has 3 or less ingredients and they are all natural ingredients. I drink raw milk, when I drink milk. (I usually use organic unsweetened almond milk). I don't eat pre-packaged meals or fast food ever.

This is what I feel is the best thing I can do for my body. I don't tell anyone else that they should follow these guidelines. These are my personal choices. If that makes me a snob, so be it.

I don't think because you choose to eat the way that you do makes you a snob. Whatever meal plan we choose to make our lifestyle, as long as it isn't done excessively and doesn't put our health at risk, then I say rock it!:smile:
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    cool post, bro . . .

This.

Edited because my comment was rude.

I wish you hadn't edited that because it made me laugh out loud and i think i love you a little.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I don't eat anything with any chemicals because all chemicals are bad.
    tumblr_m42s53xI1X1qf9sbvo1_500.gif
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options

That does not make you a snob, and just to be clear, we do not put down clean eating, we only take issue when clean eaters tell other people that they are unhealthy because they don't eat clean, or that if they don't eat clean, they will get cancer, or high blood pressure, or some other disease with no scientific evidence to back it. Nobody is telling you that you shouldn't eat however you want. If you want to eat clean, then that's great, if that's what you enjoy, then go for it. We only take issue when clean eaters look down on everybody else, or tell us that we're not as healthy, or inferior. Good luck with your fitness and nutrition goals.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I only eat unnatural, unearthly space food, myself. I like food from Jupiter.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I don't think your eating habits make you a snob, that's ridiculous.

This post, however... :wink:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I'm a snob when it comes to pizza, beer, BBQ, weight lifting programs.