Proud to be a snob

Options

Replies

• __delete
    __delete Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I ate 3 quarts of ice cream over the weekend. I am the ultimate ice cream snob.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I'm a snob too. Can't help but wrinkle up my nose when someone eats fast food or a store bought packaged meal in front of me.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I only eat unnatural, unearthly space food, myself. I like food from Jupiter.

:laugh:
  • FriedaPeoples
    Options
    Thank you to those who showed encouragement.
    Thank you to those also who posted sarcastic posts because you confirmed what I have seen in these message boards.

As to what is a "natural ingredient" and what is not-- If that ingredient is a food in itself I consider it natural. example- tomatoes, vinegar
    If it is not a food in itself I consider it not natural- example - high fructose corn syrup
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I never heard of "clean eating" until I started reading these message boards. I guess that's what I do. I see a lot of people putting down those who choose to eat this way.

I eat organic whenever possible. I don't eat anything that comes out of a can (except black olives). I don't eat anything that comes out of a bottle unless it has 3 or less ingredients and they are all natural ingredients. I drink raw milk, when I drink milk. (I usually use organic unsweetened almond milk). I don't eat pre-packaged meals or fast food ever.

This is what I feel is the best thing I can do for my body. I don't tell anyone else that they should follow these guidelines. These are my personal choices. If that makes me a snob, so be it.

This makes me sad...
  • smithed812
    smithed812 Posts: 289
    Options
    The fact that I’m not fixating on the perfect purity of my food and not doing it to those around me means I have a pretty good quality of life.

When I eat a burger, I am thankful I have food, and that I don’t have to go out and gut the cow myself.

As I’m standing in the grocery store, I think of some of the poorest people in Nicaragua I’ve seen living and scrounging for food near the garbage dump. I get a bit upset at the arrogance that says the strawberries or apples or oranges stacked in heaping piles before me are “not good enough” because they are not organic.

How does it work, that having a bountiful supply of food before me is seen as the enemy instead of a blessing?

Do I think I’m better than those people in poverty, so I deserve optimal “natural” food? Or, do I think that everyone deserves it, but because not everyone is in a place to access it, rice and corn mash are good enough for their kids but definitely not mine? When you donate food to the food pantry, do you donate the expensive organic carefully-sourced food that you insist is the only acceptable thing to put in your body and that you feed yourself and your family, or do you get the cheapest canned and boxed food at the store?

If your diet requires it, great. If you prefer it, fine. If you think it’s the only way to go, have at it. But don’t lecture me.

http://loneprairie.net/diet-coke/

:flowerforyou:
    Options

me too. I will only eat Blue Bell.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    cool post, bro . . .

This.

Edited because my comment was rude.

I wish you hadn't edited that because it made me laugh out loud and i think i love you a little.

That response wasn't directed at the poster, more of a general thought. I love your animals! :)
  • __delete
    __delete Posts: 245 Member
    Options

I only eat the frozen kind. Unless you put it in a cup, and shove a straw into it.

Then I drink it.
  • BathtubBadger
    BathtubBadger Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I don't eat anything with any chemicals because all chemicals are bad.

Yes. H2O, C6H12O6, aaaaal those terrible chemicals D:

For instance, 100% of people who consume H2O _DIE_. It's an awful chemical.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I need to turn the lights off and on 12 times before I leave a room or bad things will happen.
    Options

I only eat the frozen kind. Unless you put it in a cup, and shove a straw into it.

Then I drink it.

like a slushee?
  • Lind5ay90
    Lind5ay90 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    If "clean eating" is your way of life, then enjoy it! It's not the idea of clean eating that gets bashed on here...what gets bashed are the people shoving it down everyone else's throat and judging us for eating a slice of pizza on a cheat day.
    I try to eat as "clean" as possible, but with a baby and husband and being constantly on the move, that's not always possible. It's great that you eat clean if it works for you...but clean eaters need to stop "looking down" on people who don't.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    wow this is like the tenth tread in about two days on clean eating...

talk about a freaking dead horse...

oh and in...for the oncoming clean vs non clean debate...
  • EnviousDan
    EnviousDan Posts: 107 Member
    Options

But what about toxins! Can't I just live off superfoods?
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    People can be a snob about whatever they want. Your choices are yours. No skin off my back. There are a lot of people who choose to eat "clean" without insisting that it's the ONLY proper way to feed yourself.

The problem is when people who are ignorant about nutrition start telling everyone else how they should and shouldn't eat.

I've done the "clean eating" thing. I did it for a year. I'm appreciative of the things I learned about how my body responds to different foods. I recognize and respect the virtues of an all-whole foods diet. But I like ice cream and cookies and M&Ms, and, damnit, I'm going to eat them, WITHOUT resorting to gluten-free, fat-free, deliciousness-free, nonsensical recipes full of cauliflower and black beans. That for sure makes me a snob, and I don't care.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

hB82F117A
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I love lamp.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Well, my unicorn farts rainbows.
  • BathtubBadger
    BathtubBadger Posts: 217 Member
    Options

But what about toxins! Can't I just live off superfoods?

No, because great part of these superfoods contain C6H12O6 and H2O. You must live out of air :C

OH WAIT
    Air has O2, CO2 AND A WHOLE BUNCH OF AWFUL CHEMICALS D: