Proud to be a snob

Options

Replies

• mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    A snob is "a person who believes himself or herself to have superior tastes and is condescending toward those with different tastes." (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/snob). No, I do not think you are for having your own tastes. Even those who do not eat clean can be a snob if they think their "tastes" are better or superior to others.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    And this is why MFP has the blog feature.

Also...what you eat isn't what makes you a snob.

That's right, it's how much you $pend on what you eat that does.
    make-it-rain-o.gif
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    <===wine snob

I :heart: you!

I went to a great organic wine tasting last year in Japan with the former head of BBR there. It was in a Buddhist temple in the mountains near the coast. Gorgeous scenery, fantastic wines, and very good regional food.

At the end of the day though, I still prefer non-organic wines and to eat sitting down . . .
  • Bean515
    Bean515 Posts: 97
    Options
    I'm a snob too. Can't help but wrinkle up my nose when someone eats fast food or a store bought packaged meal in front of me.

Really? That's rude. Just as rude as someone telling you your clean lifestyle is full of ****. We eat what we eat, we do what we do. All that should matter is we're trying to change for the better. You must walk around with one ugly face whenever you go out because I've yet to think of a place where I can go without seeing someone indulging in a little processed junk. The library? But then I have to contend with the book snobs....
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    <===wine snob

I :heart: you!

I went to a great organic wine tasting last year in Japan with the former head of BBR there. It was in a Buddhist temple in the mountains near the coast. Gorgeous scenery, fantastic wines, and very good regional food.

At the end of the day though, I still prefer non-organic wines and to eat sitting down . . .
    Oh my wine. That sounds amaze. But yeah, I like to sit while eating. Standing up eating so the food doesn't go to my butt as uncle suggested does not work.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Is homemade pizza clean? And cured meats?

No, pizza crust is made with flour. Milling flour and curing meats goes beyond "minimally processed".
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    at first I was like, "Really??" then I saw that the 'Why are people so negative about clean eating' train wreck was locked...
    now this thread makes sense! :happy:
  • Bean515
    Bean515 Posts: 97
    Options
    I am a food snob too. I only eat things that have 3 ingredients listed or less. Natural ingredients.
    Like my chicken, it is caned, but the only listed ingredients are Chicken, Water, Salt! Bonn apatite!

chickenincan-lrg.jpg

:noway: :frown: Where do you even buy that?? But, at least it only has 3 ingredients!! :drinker:

Perfect!

They sell them in packs of 4 on Amazon. Its 12.50 USD a can.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    <===wine snob

should we start a thread for that?!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    OP creates post for no purpose except to bait people into responding negatively to her snobbery. People respond.

I think I need to lay down. I have a headache. If anyone needs me, I will be in my bunk pondering the locus of teets on an almond.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    at first I was like, "Really??" then I saw that the 'Why are people so negative about clean eating' train wreck was locked...
    now this thread makes sense! :happy:

It's like we've already trashed the bar and the fight has spilled out into the street . . . good times
  • Project9
    Project9 Posts: 135
    Options
    I don't eat anything with any chemicals because all chemicals are bad.

Comet is good, cleans and shines.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    OP creates post for no purpose except to bait people into responding negatively to her snobbery. People respond.

I think I need to lay down. I have a headache. If anyone needs me, I will be in my bunk pondering the locus of teets on an almond.

Almond teets... I'll be my bunk 'pondering' that as well.
  • Project9
    Options
    wow this is like the tenth tread in about two days on clean eating...

talk about a freaking dead horse...

oh and in...for the oncoming clean vs non clean debate...

Let's just cut to the chase
    [img][/img]

pretty
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

except it's more like a sunflower seed. intellectually anyways.
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    Options

Let's just cut to the chase
    [img][/img]
    Funny because it is true.
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options

chickenincan-lrg.jpg

That looks rank!

Jesus, people eat that?
  • Project9
    Options
    I am a food snob too. I only eat things that have 3 ingredients listed or less. Natural ingredients.
    Like my chicken, it is caned, but the only listed ingredients are Chicken, Water, Salt! Bonn apatite!

chickenincan-lrg.jpg

:noway: :frown: Where do you even buy that?? But, at least it only has 3 ingredients!! :drinker:

See this is why I come here, this forum is always helpful. I was worried that I was going to go over in my calories today. Totally lost my appetite, I feel very confident that I'll stay well under my calories now thanks to seeing THAT.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I am a fast-moving dumpster.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I would like to start eating more cleanly, can you open your diary so I can see some examples of how to do so?