Proud to be a snob

Options

Replies

• RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am a food snob too. I only eat things that have 3 ingredients listed or less. Natural ingredients.
    Like my chicken, it is caned, but the only listed ingredients are Chicken, Water, Salt! Bonn apatite!

chickenincan-lrg.jpg

:noway: :frown: Where do you even buy that?? But, at least it only has 3 ingredients!! :drinker:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a food slob. *shrugs*
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    wow this is like the tenth tread in about two days on clean eating...

talk about a freaking dead horse...

oh and in...for the oncoming clean vs non clean debate...

Let's just cut to the chase
    [img][/img]

I love you!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I never heard of "clean eating" until I started reading these message boards. I guess that's what I do. I see a lot of people putting down those who choose to eat this way.

I eat organic whenever possible. I don't eat anything that comes out of a can (except black olives). I don't eat anything that comes out of a bottle unless it has 3 or less ingredients and they are all natural ingredients. I drink raw milk, when I drink milk. (I usually use organic unsweetened almond milk). I don't eat pre-packaged meals or fast food ever.

This is what I feel is the best thing I can do for my body. I don't tell anyone else that they should follow these guidelines. These are my personal choices. If that makes me a snob, so be it.

I think you don't really know the definition of snob. Eating the way you do does not make you a snob, making this post telling people what you eat for no other reason, besides showing off what you eat, makes you a snob. Seriously what is the point of the post. If you don't agree with people bashing clean eaters than say that, listing everything you eat doesn't prove any point, it makes it seem like you are bashing people who don't eat that way, or just bragging.

^ This. And frankly, you're just as likely to get told that you don't eat "clean" because you choose to drink bovine milk. But then, personally, I am baffled how factory created almond "milk" could be called "clean" by a group that espouses eating foods in their natural form.

So, if you want an organic, gluten free, no sugar added cookie, please be my guest.
  • ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    me too. I will only eat Blue Bell.
    [/quote]

This^^^
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Almond milk purchased from a store is not "clean".

I've never understood the 3 (or 5) ingredients rule. A bag of frozen mixed vegetables may have more than 5 ingredients and still be clean.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I only eat unnatural, unearthly space food, myself. I like food from Jupiter.
    I used to agree with this, but that's the reason I got fat. I wasn't getting enough calories and I went into starvation mode and then I died.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Aren't snobs proud by definition?
  • leesyc81
    leesyc81 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am a food snob too. I only eat things that have 3 ingredients listed or less. Natural ingredients.
    Like my chicken, it is caned, but the only listed ingredients are Chicken, Water, Salt! Bonn apatite!

chickenincan-lrg.jpg

The girls face in the background is enough to put starved tramps off this delicacy! :sick:
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

chickenincan-lrg.jpg

What. The. Hell. :noway:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    And this is why MFP has the blog feature.

Also...what you eat isn't what makes you a snob.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    if that's what you feel is best for you, cool. As long as you're not saying you're better than everyone else for it...

Agreed
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Aren't snobs proud by definition?

..........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand brower for the win. Redundant post is redundant.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

This^^^
    [/quote]

high five!!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    a snob is, as per the Urban dictionary, anyone who thinks they are better than someone else based upon superficial factors.

superficial post is superficial...

glad to know you're patting yourself on the back.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I don't eat anything with any chemicals because all chemicals are bad.

Yes. H2O, C6H12O6, aaaaal those terrible chemicals D:

For instance, 100% of people who consume H2O _DIE_. It's an awful chemical.

But what about toxins! Can't I just live off superfoods?
    Just do a month-long water fast followed by a juice fast and you're good.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Is homemade pizza clean? And cured meats?
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options

chickenincan-lrg.jpg

:noway: :frown: Where do you even buy that?? But, at least it only has 3 ingredients!! :drinker:

They sell them in packs of 4 on Amazon. Its 12.50 USD a can.
  • __delete
    __delete Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I ate 3 quarts of ice cream over the weekend. I am the ultimate ice cream snob.

I only eat the frozen kind. Unless you put it in a cup, and shove a straw into it.

Then I drink it.

like a slushee?

Mmm.

Or milk shakes.

I like the ones that bring the boys to the yard.