Proud to be a snob

Options

Replies

• nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I am a food snob too. I only eat things that have 3 ingredients listed or less. Natural ingredients.
    Like my chicken, it is caned, but the only listed ingredients are Chicken, Water, Salt! Bonn apatite!

chickenincan-lrg.jpg

:noway: :frown: Where do you even buy that?? But, at least it only has 3 ingredients!! :drinker:

See this is why I come here, this forum is always helpful. I was worried that I was going to go over in my calories today. Totally lost my appetite, I feel very confident that I'll stay under my calories now thanks to seeing THAT.

It's going to take a lot to get that picture out of my mind. It appears the can has given birth.
    This is both the grossest and funniest thing I've ever seen.
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    See this is why I come here, this forum is always helpful. I was worried that I was going to go over in my calories today. Totally lost my appetite, I feel very confident that I'll stay well under my calories now thanks to seeing THAT.

Haha Same!
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    We can't be lovers if we can't be friendsssss
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    What's a natural ingredient? What's an unnatural ingredient?

Natural:What grows in nature. Beans, seeds, nuts, fruits, veggies, animals ect.

Unnatural:What's created in a lab. Sucralose, HFCS, Aspertame, food coloring/dyes, preservatives ECT.

You do understand that High Fructose Corn Syrup is made from Corn, using water and enzymes (which also occur in nature)? Doesn't seem all that unnatural to me. Bees use enzymes to process pollen into honey, so does that make honey unnatural?

Last time I checked, H. Sapiens are no less a part of nature than bees, so why should the products of their processing be considered to be superior to ours.
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    We can't be lovers if we can't be friendsssss

michael-bolton-o.gif
  • jporte
    jporte Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Nice........just wondering if your clean eating is so great why are you still overweight? I eat ice cream every evening with my dinner and I'm about to have a bag of chips in a few minutes as my afternoon snack. I'm not overweight and I workout/run 3-4 days a week and eat a ton of fruits and veggies ....everything in moderation.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Unnatural:What's created in a lab. Sucralose, HFCS, Aspertame, food coloring/dyes, preservatives ECT.

You do understand that High Fructose Corn Syrup is made from Corn, using water and enzymes (which also occur in nature)? Doesn't seem all that unnatural to me. Bees use enzymes to process pollen into honey, so does that make honey unnatural?

Last time I checked, H. Sapiens are no less a part of nature than bees, so why should the products of their processing be considered to be superior to ours.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I agree, honey is too processed for the clean eating crowd, at least it should bee.

I like the way you think.
  • JessieNeutronGirlGenius
    Options
    This ought to be fun

Yes it is!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    (in the voice of the Church Lady from SNL)
    Well, isn't that special.

:laugh:

snl-church-lady.jpg

superior dance
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    wow this is like the tenth tread in about two days on clean eating...

talk about a freaking dead horse...

oh and in...for the oncoming clean vs non clean debate...

Let's just cut to the chase
    [img][/img]

pretty

OOOOO it's so mesmerizing
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    I ate 3 quarts of ice cream over the weekend. I am the ultimate ice cream snob.

me too. I will only eat Blue Bell.

I only eat the frozen kind. Unless you put it in a cup, and shove a straw into it.

Then I drink it.

like a slushee?

Slushees don't bring all the boys to the yard!
  • ldrosophila
    Options

If we go with enzymes being unnatural then that means our own bodies are unnatural. OMG that means life itself is unnatural the first cells couldnt ever become the first cells until nature learned how to use enzymes as a catalyst. OMG OMG OMG THAT MEANS WE ARE ALL UNNATURAL...AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

That's a quality point. Food scientists don't just pull this stuff out of their a$$e$.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I don't eat anything with any chemicals because all chemicals are bad.
    tumblr_m42s53xI1X1qf9sbvo1_500.gif

GAWD, I love you!!!! :flowerforyou: :love:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

That's a quality point. Food scientists don't just pull this stuff out of their a$$e$.
    Well, then that would be a good reason not to eat it!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Like ALF, I only eat cat.

Am I a snob?

alf-trying-eat-cat-.jpg
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options

You do understand that High Fructose Corn Syrup is made from Corn...

Slightly off-topic, but I find it interesting that many people think that "high fructose" means that it has a lot of fructose, when the words are actually modifying "corn syrup," not actually noting how much fructose is in the product. In fact, the HCFS commonly used in processed foods, baked goods, and cereals is HCFS-42 (source: http://www.ers.usda.gov/topics/crops/sugar-sweeteners/background.aspx), which actually has less fructose than sucrose.

Edited to add: I used to think the same thing...
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

Am I a snob?

alf-trying-eat-cat-.jpg

and by cat you mean... :tongue:

eta the tongue
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Am I a snob?

I don't know, but you aren't allowed in my house.
  • Bean515
    Bean515 Posts: 97
    Options
    OP creates post for no purpose except to bait people into responding negatively to her snobbery. People respond.

I think I need to lay down. I have a headache. If anyone needs me, I will be in my bunk pondering the locus of teets on an almond.

Almonds have teets? Now that can't be natural.