Does that make me crazy?

Options

Replies

• mickeyullrich
    mickeyullrich Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I get HIGHLY annoyed with small noises!!! My husband snaps his toe and I can't stand the lady in the cube next to me (her bracelts jingle all day), and I get so annoyed at people eating all loud in the movies....

BUT other than that I obsessivly track my calories and exercise... lol:laugh:

I have that same issue to a degree that it triggers an intense anger and rage in me when I hear eating noises or crunching (I won't go to the movies anymore). It is called misophonia and there is no cure for it. It is actually more common than you would think...When we eat meals at my house we turn the microwave fan on to drown out the noise for me and it really helps...luckily my family understands that I cannot control this. I hate having this hearing sensitivity though...it wish I could control it! I think they link it to anxiety and OCD. Does this make me crazy....probably :smile: !
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I can't deal with complete silence, yet I hate when things are loud and crazy too. I can't stand rubbing my hand on denim.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    When I'm eating a particularly delicious meal I tend to hum and bop my head.

I also sing songs to my dog. There are certain songs that I sing depending on what I'm doing and he's figured it out and now gets really excited when he hears a certain tune.:blushing:

I also talk to myself out loud and in public. I was in Wal-Mart one day having a debate with myself about shampoo. Someone in the aisle gave me a look and I said "Talking to myself thanks!" LOL.

Oh. And I have this thing with fabrics. Like I have to touch them. People look at me funny when I say "Nice shirt. Do you mind if I touch it?":blushing:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If someone I don't know and am not comfortable with touches me, especially if they hug me, I need to find someone I'm comfy with and have them hug me ASAP because I cant have the last person touching me be someone I'm not comfy with.
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I remember when, I remember, I remember when I lost my mind
    There was something so pleasant about that place.
    Even your emotions had an echo
    In so much space

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT SONG! And yes, I did it in CAPS on purpose because yes, I was yelling it.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    i immediately associate things with music/lyrics/movie quotes

I do this, too. But add in quotes from tv and books as well. Also, whenever I see someone in a movie or tv show, I remember what else they were in and tell anyone in the room who will listen. Or I have some kind of trivia about them. :tongue:
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I laugh uncontrollably when someone farts.

Tears and all. And yes it's not involuntary, I think it's funny, I just get a little carried away sometimes. People think I'm crazy for that.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I have a fascination for noses. Particularly animal nose, but sometimes human too. I can't help but touch them. I've even touched a buffalo's nose. I sometimes schnib (small bite) the tip of my husband's nose.
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    After reading responses, I feel very comfortable writing my responses haha! I don't like to turn the volume on the TV to 13, I believe it's bad luck, I hate the number 13!

Oh, and I get very irritated with people who chew loud (like horses, as I say) or cough loud a million times in a row! I know, I'm a b*tch!
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I always have to sleep on the side of the bed closest to the door. Have to.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    When I'm done praying I say AMEN like 4 times, just to be sure I said it. HAHA

I view it like a text message. It doesn't get sent until you say "Amen".
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    (When I am alone) I will talk out loud to myself ..... and answer myself too.

always.

I do this...but during the day I'm not alone. My office mate hears it all and has learned to block me out at times. LOL

This is actually indicative of someone with High Mental activity. I do it all the time..Now if you start laughing with yourself while rocking back and forth , then you may have a mild form of schizophrenia

Well I laugh at myself all the time!! But then I'm usually doing something clutzy or stupid. If I rocked back and forth I would probably fall and hurt myself. Truth! lol
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I give animals and inanimate objects crazy voices and talk for them. HEY! it makes the kids laugh, and the voices in my head too...

oh yeah..like that...juss like that...thats good, lower, no really lower...way lower...

tumblr_moc1fdduoj1su2je2o1_250.gif

I do this too!

:laugh:

Thank Goodness. I'm not the only one, this kind of Crazy. :flowerforyou:
  • Jarice12
    Jarice12 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I can not drink out of cups or glasses, even my own! If I absolutely have to, it's usually with a straw. Yes, I use tons of plastic bottles a year...sorry, environment.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    Sometimes I respond to people with a song that relates to what they just said.

I pretend I am a cheerleader, I weigh 255 and can do a standing heel stretch.

I used to daydream of being an ice skater.

People say the sundrop girl reminds them of me.

I have panic attacks/anxiety and it is relieved sometimes by pinching my boob (not my nipple!) I just grab it at the top.
  • johnn3y
    johnn3y Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    sometimes when im talking with someone face to face or in close quarters I get the urge to just scream as loud as I can, I remember feeling this ever since I was a kid.
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    when i'm alone in the kitchen, i pretend i have my own cooking show. sometimes i talk like julia childs...sometimes paula dean (but i NEVER use bad words!).

I've done this since I was about 5, and still do :) I used to pretend I was presenting Blue Peter.
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Also I'm going to summer school, voluntarily.

Crazy.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I separate candies like M&M's and Skittles by color and eat them in a circle from least favorite to most favorite until the quantities match and then go in the opposite order until they're gone.

i do this!! and sometimes if im eating a cereal thats multi color i eat it by color or make sure there is 2 of each color on the spoon
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I respond to people with a song that relates to what they just said.

I do this all the time!