November 30 Day Fitness Challenges

Options

Replies

• KarenSmith196511
    KarenSmith196511 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    How do I join? Is there a Join button? Do I return here to log my progress? Will this show in My Challenges when it starts? I am new and I signed up for three challenges and I was expecting to see them appear in my Challenges folder. Did I miss something important?
  • tiffanycones20
    tiffanycones20 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would like to join
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hello @KarenSmith196511 & @tiffanycones20!

You join this challenge by coming back to this thread every day and sharing your progress. You can make this thread easier to find by touching/highlighting the small star to the right of, "November 30 Day Fitness Challenges".

I think the "My Challenges" you are talking about are the corporate-sponsored challenges. These Community challenges are created by MFP users.

We're glad to have you both, see you on the 1st!
  • AliceWinston
    AliceWinston Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I want to join, please.
    I'm getting back into controlled eating and exercise after a long stretch away, for various reasons. I did a 3 hr hike today. I've found I cannot lose weight without exercise. The best i do by dieting alone is stop gaining. Also, My body deteriorates. Most of my life, I've exercised regularly, but injuries, work, doctors orders, not wanting to get out until I lose weight (catch 22), travel, medications, trying to please others with their schedules, etc., ...have held me back. Time to break the sedentary cycle and return to a lifelong minimal maintenance of diet and exercise.
    My commitment is: 1) some movement daily.
    2) Do the exercises i can recommended in the November exercise challenge. Weekly, at least 20 min each, to start, of stretch related, weight related-upper and lower body, and cardio. 3) 2 hikes per week. 4) Minimum 2 1/2 hours per week, which is the Minimum recommended by many Dr groups and the heart association 5) 1200 cal, but I can make it up if I'm over, and quality exercise calories can be subtracted 6) 8 glasses of water a day, including a glass before each meal. 7) Get organized for exercise: Get a pedometer.
    Find my weights. Look for a bike. Running shoes and clothes in a ready place. A couple of pairs of exercise and hiking clothes ready. Fix a drawer of hiking exercise socks, maybe get new ones. Find a support group. Water in car. Find my ankle supports. Get good hiking sunglasses. Get stuff for hiking lunches. Get new exercise tapes. Try for a punch card at the gym as winter weather comes and keep a gym bag loaded.
    8) Go to the grocery store at least once per week...I hate it! 9) Control my alcohol...I have a partner who fills my wine glass to the top every time we sit down. Lots of calories! Limit to 2, and find something to put over my glass. Try apple cider vinegar to substitute. 10) Reduce my meds, which I've been doing pretty well at...they grog me out and make it harder to exercise. This plan is flexible enough to work for me if I'm traveling, have company, really busy, sick or whatever, so really no excuses.
    11) Remember my motto: "Focus on and Do what I can, not what I can't." There is more than I can do than I can ever get to anyway.
  • amylw1996
    amylw1996 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Im in!:)
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    @cassevans, all I can say is wow, just WOW! Best wishes for this new leg of your journey!

@amylw1996, thanks for joining us!
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options

#ThoughtfulThursday

0ifuph2890eu.jpg

• yoda37
    yoda37 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want to join
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    Welcome to the party @yoda37 @Topsking2010 & @asrai50!
  • AliceWinston
    AliceWinston Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Miami!!!
  • nthesadl
    nthesadl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well, since I already joined a 30 Day Arm Challenge for November, I might as well challenge the rest of my body at the same time. I was looking at the Glute Challenge and...ummm...does anyone know what "Bulgarian Split Squats" are? I have never heard of those.

Let the pain begin for wonderful gain!
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    Welcome @nthesadl. I'll be sure to post information on the upcoming exercises as I did for the first days, but since you asked . . .

9gpdvaku3nzu.jpg

xx5k0udd6zw0.jpg

p1paclri4mba.jpg

gyujuam09wet.jpg

• RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Still didn't see the answer..you are doing all 3 of these for the month?
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    Welcome @arla4744 @SammeeBoud @Joanna2012B @Timothyh27 @lbenson2006 @sescobar74 @lorilouroo & @leciafe! This is the November 2016 Abs + Legs + Glutes Challenge; however, we know that this journey is totally different for each of us. Do what you can! Check-in daily & share your successes & struggles. I've been doing these monthly challenge posts since August 1st and since that time (I do other exercises as well), I've gone from 214 to 193.5 & over this same time period I lost more than 12" overall!

@am_change, the beauty of these challenges is that we start modestly & grow . . . Some days are better than others; some days we surprise ourselves. Last month I never thought I'd work my way up to a three minute plank (okay, I have to be honest - I made it to a 2 minute 59 second plank). Remember, you don't have to do the higher rep days all at once! Break things up into your morning & evening activities, do what you have to! Our bodies are capable of so much; it's our minds that we have to convince!

I hope you ALL will at least try!

duagkvgmkj8k.png

Yes @RetiredAndLovingIt, abs, legs & glutes. However, we're not the exercise police. Try everything, but do what you can!

• FinkQui11
    FinkQui11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!!
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    Welcome @FinkQui11!
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
  • Odessak17
    Odessak17 Posts: 32 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Totally in. Fallen off on my health lately. Just rejoined the site last night after finding out I had gained 10 pounds! This along with my yoga will give me the motivation I need to get back to it!