Who says plus size girls don't have curves?

Options

Replies

• danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    5'11...somewhere in the 185 range.

Measurements approx 42, 32.5, 42

5c64ab01-eeba-4a8d-9741-6170aff73719_zpsbf399904.jpg

svelt is the word i would use to describe. im struggling with my desire to crudely express how goddamn sexy you are and my awareness that if i do i may come across as a ****. i wouldnt want to say anything that may be innapropriate. but holy **** you is HOT.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Maybe I just drank a bottle of haterade but I HATED being "plus sized"

I am one who think people use curvy to define obese. I think obese is unhealthy and unattractive and no amount of justification and word play can change that.

That is just how i feel sorry.

However, you look great and I wish you the best success but I wont support big girls calling themselves "curvy" or "hourglass" or big boys reffering to themselves as "husky"..... it is all unhealthy to me now. When I was bigger I somewhat felt that way, but now that i know what a little blood sweat and tear can do for ones' health I know longer agree with the word play.

Dont get me wrong, I love all my bigger friends on MFP and think they are beautiful inside and out. But they know and I know that we are unhealthy and here to change that so our true healthy curves shine through.

Let the battle begin..... just remember I dont care.

Yeah my spelling sucks get over it.

I'm overweight, but I am healthy. My blood pressure is 110/80, my sugars are perfect, my cholesterol is low, my good is normal, and I'm training for a 5 K and have more endurance than a skinny Co worker that can't walk to the fax machine without huffing and puffing. I don't hate being plus sized. If I hated it, then this journey would not work. I love my body now and I love the changes that it's making. I know I'm an hourglass. It may be a big hour glass but my waist is smaller than my bust and hips.
  • peeaanuut
    peeaanuut Posts: 359 Member
    Options

svelt is the word i would use to describe. im struggling with my desire to crudely express how goddamn sexy you are and my awareness that if i do i may come across as a ****. i wouldnt want to say anything that may be innapropriate. but holy **** you is HOT.

just use funny words and terms. Takes a little bit of the creepiness away. Something like....I wanna wang dang doodle your gushmoigen. It could mean anything!
  • therunninghippie
    therunninghippie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    OP you are fierce. Don't let a fatphobic woman on the internet get to you. You work that bathing suit.
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    You can be plus-sized and curvy and you can be underweight and curvy.

The problem is when "curvy" becomes a euphamism for "overweight." They're two separate things.

This!!!!!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    You can be plus-sized and curvy and you can be underweight and curvy.

The problem is when "curvy" becomes a euphamism for "overweight." They're two separate things.

This!!!!!

Exactly! Thin girls can have curves, overweight girls can have curves. Curvy is a body type much the same way as apple and pear are. The issue is when people start to use curvy generically as a synonym for plus sized or overweight.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal topic Op! I absolutely love that you created a thread celebrating curves. I also hear people who say that they are annoyed by plus size women equating themselves with being curvy or "thick", and they feel that these women are being dead wrong about it. Whether obese and curvaceous or thin and curvaceous, people are always going to pick something to criticize you about. Who gives two sh*ts what they think?? Confidence is hot no matter what body shape/size you are, and you, op, are a great example of that.

Unhealthy is unhealthy and no amount of confidence can change that

You can be unhealthy and thin. You do know that right?

This post is not about health status. It's about women being confident in their curves.

Just because you hated being plus size doesn't mean other women should.

No they shouldnt and if they are so confident then my words should not bother them either.

More shaming. I find that so disgusting. People have a hard enough time building their self esteem and loving themselves even when they get to their goal weight/size. Learning to love 'themselves" isn't an excuse to not get healthy. Getting fit isn't just a physical thing, it is a mental thing.

If you hate yourself or others that are taking positive steps in their mental health by accepting themselves, then I think maybe you should seek counseling because that has to be a horrible way to live. Please seek help and learn to be happy :flowerforyou:

Also, for people that have taken to body shaming, being judgmental on others (like transsexuals), and trying to down on others improved self-esteem....I can only hope your children turn out better.

Stop bullshi**ing yourself and get on the reality train here
    life isnt roses and the truth is the truth

Truth being the truth, body fat % is much greater indicator of health than over all weight. You can be at a "healthy weight", but still be in the same risk catagory as being obese. Visceral fat being a key indicator. Based on the one picture you have there, I would say you probably shouldn't be talking so much smack.

No ones perfect the key is to keep worjink on it instead of excusing yurself by using "curvy" or "husky"

Please point out ONE instance in this thread that someone said they were excusing not being healthy by describing themselves as curvy or husky.
  • peeaanuut
    Options
    the best thing i can say to anyone in this thread is this

Are you happy? if not, fix it. Plus, big, husky, curvy, shapely, big boned....etc....who cares. Are you happy?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    http://www.hanneblank.com/blog/2011/06/23/real-women/

Real women do not have curves. Real women do not look like just one thing.

Real women have curves, and not. They are tall, and not. They are brown-skinned, and olive-skinned, and not. They have small breasts, and big ones, and no breasts whatsoever.

Real women start their lives as baby girls. And as baby boys. And as babies of indeterminate biological sex whose bodies terrify their doctors and families into making all kinds of very sudden decisions.

Real women have big hands and small hands and long elegant fingers and short stubby fingers and manicures and broken nails with dirt under them.

Real women have armpit hair and leg hair and pubic hair and facial hair and chest hair and sexy moustaches and full, luxuriant beards. Real women have none of these things, spontaneously or as the result of intentional change. Real women are bald as eggs, by chance and by choice and by chemo. Real women have hair so long they can sit on it. Real women wear wigs and weaves and extensions and kufi and do-rags and hairnets and hijab and headscarves and hats and yarmulkes and textured rubber swim caps with the plastic flowers on the sides.

Real women wear high heels and skirts. Or not.

Real women are feminine and smell good and they are masculine and smell good and they are androgynous and smell good, except when they don’t smell so good, but that can be changed if desired because real women change stuff when they want to.

Real women have ovaries. Unless they don’t, and sometimes they don’t because they were born that way and sometimes they don’t because they had to have their ovaries removed. Real women have uteruses, unless they don’t, see above. Real women have vaginas and clitorises and XX sex chromosomes and high estrogen levels, they ovulate and menstruate and can get pregnant and have babies. Except sometimes not, for a rather spectacular array of reasons both spontaneous and induced.

Real women are fat. And thin. And both, and neither, and otherwise. Doesn’t make them any less real.

There is a phrase I wish I could engrave upon the hearts of every single person, everywhere in the world, and it is this sentence which comes from the genius lips of the grand and eloquent Mr. Glenn Marla:

There is no wrong way to have a body.

I’m going to say it again because it’s important: There is no wrong way to have a body.

And if your moral compass points in any way, shape, or form to equality, you need to get this through your thick skull and stop with the “real women are like such-and-so” crap.

You are not the authority on what “real” human beings are, and who qualifies as “real” and on what basis. All human beings are real.

Yes, I know you’re tired of feeling disenfranchised. It is a tiresome and loathsome thing to be and to feel. But the tit-for-tat disenfranchisement of others is not going to solve that problem. Solidarity has to start somewhere and it might as well be with you and me.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal topic Op! I absolutely love that you created a thread celebrating curves. I also hear people who say that they are annoyed by plus size women equating themselves with being curvy or "thick", and they feel that these women are being dead wrong about it. Whether obese and curvaceous or thin and curvaceous, people are always going to pick something to criticize you about. Who gives two sh*ts what they think?? Confidence is hot no matter what body shape/size you are, and you, op, are a great example of that.

You can be unhealthy and thin. You do know that right?

This post is not about health status. It's about women being confident in their curves.

Just because you hated being plus size doesn't mean other women should.

No they shouldnt and if they are so confident then my words should not bother them either.

More shaming. I find that so disgusting. People have a hard enough time building their self esteem and loving themselves even when they get to their goal weight/size. Learning to love 'themselves" isn't an excuse to not get healthy. Getting fit isn't just a physical thing, it is a mental thing.

If you hate yourself or others that are taking positive steps in their mental health by accepting themselves, then I think maybe you should seek counseling because that has to be a horrible way to live. Please seek help and learn to be happy :flowerforyou:

Also, for people that have taken to body shaming, being judgmental on others (like transsexuals), and trying to down on others improved self-esteem....I can only hope your children turn out better.

Stop bullshi**ing yourself and get on the reality train here
    life isnt roses and the truth is the truth

Truth being the truth, body fat % is much greater indicator of health than over all weight. You can be at a "healthy weight", but still be in the same risk catagory as being obese. Visceral fat being a key indicator. Based on the one picture you have there, I would say you probably shouldn't be talking so much smack.

No ones perfect the key is to keep worjink on it instead of excusing yurself by using "curvy" or "husky"

Fat or thin she is curvy.. if she was of normal BMI and called herself curvy would it be a problem? If I call Catherine Zeta Jones "curvy" that's ok, but the OP cannot be called curvy??? Even thought they've both got curves in all the right places? Saying someone is curvy isn't saying that they can't stand to lose a few pounds... AGAIN if you will please pay attention, the OP is not "excusing" anything.. she is working on losing weight.. She is simply stating that her bodyshape IS indeed HOURGLASS or "CURVY".... OP has a fantastic shape AND she's doing a great job losing weight... I'm pretty sure that she does not need any more of your particular brand of "encouragement"... and for that matter neither do I.... I'm sorry that you were unable to like yourself when you were fatter but that is not the case for all of us. I'm comfortable in my body and I'm not going to apologize for it. That doesn't mean that I'm not trying to honor my body by trying to do all the best things for it.... Actually it wasn't until I truly became comfortable in my own skin that I really became committed to the weight loss process..... Are you really so narrow minded that you can't see anyone's perspective other than your own?
  • JustJessLynn
    Options
    the best thing i've read today :) ^^^
  • Missjulesdid
    Options

Are you happy? if not, fix it. Plus, big, husky, curvy, shapely, big boned....etc....who cares. Are you happy?

I disagree.. I was happy at 360 pounds but I still needed to fix it so I could lead an even MORE awesome life! Just because you're not miserable doesn't mean you shouldn't work on improving yourself! :happy:
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    BS, I have plenty of curves :wink:
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

just use funny words and terms. Takes a little bit of the creepiness away. Something like....I wanna wang dang doodle your gushmoigen. It could mean anything!

AH AH AHA AH AH AHA HAH!!!!

^funny
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah you can be big and still have curves! Heres a picture from last year at my heaviest, I may have been 345 lbs but I definitely had the good kind of curves!
    160e81y.jpg
  • peeaanuut
    Options

I disagree.. I was happy at 360 pounds but I still needed to fix it so I could lead an even MORE awesome life! Just because you're not miserable doesn't mean you shouldn't work on improving yourself! :happy:

hold on. Not miserable isnt the same as happy.

For me, do I mind being large? Not at all. What I dont mind is not being able to go do things. So while I am not misserable right now, I am most certainly not happy about my size and only because I want to be able to go do things. if I could go kayaking and hiking and play baseball to my satisfaction at my size, I would have no reason to lose weight.
  • Missjulesdid
    Options

hold on. Not miserable isnt the same as happy.

For me, do I mind being large? Not at all. What I dont mind is not being able to go do things. So while I am not misserable right now, I am most certainly not happy about my size and only because I want to be able to go do things. if I could go kayaking and hiking and play baseball to my satisfaction at my size, I would have no reason to lose weight.

ok, then I agree with you! I was happy at my size but having to use the "bigboy" kayak was a pain in the *kitten*.. can't wait until I can fit in a regular one!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

Excuse me but are you a doctor? How dare you assume anybody is unhealthy? Give your head a shake.

I'm 249 pounds with BP of 110/68, Total cholesterol of 142 with optimal ldl:hdl. Optimal liver enzymes, optimal vitamin levels, fasting glucose of 72 and very little visceral fat surrounding my organs. Both of my MORBIDLY obese grandmothers lived happily and independently into their 90's and died of conditions completely unrelated to their obesity.... I definitely recognize that if I need to choose between obese and normal, I'd choose normal.. it's the healthier option.. but I get pretty annoyed when people assume that I'm soooooo unhealthy due to my size. Losing the weight will make me even healthier but don't anyone assume that I'm on death's doorstep because I'm morbidly obese!

I want to back up the previous poster here - the last line in the infini-quote.
    Judging from her ticker, she's about 250# - about 100# heavier than I am.
    And her fasting glucose, cholesterol, etc numbers are better than mine at 145#.

So normal weight =/= healthy.
    And to poster that the previous two posters in my quote, get your head out of your *kitten* and stop being so obnoxious.

To the OP, you look fab! I would not have guessed 288#!

Curves are hot but a confident woman is way hotter - thick, thin, etc
  • skeeds
    skeeds Posts: 33
    Options
    You are all gorgeous. I think I will always have a badonka donk, I just need to lose 15 or so and tighten that ish up. Here is me trying on work clothes (yay selfies).

WjYD10Vl.jpg

Edit: sorry I don't know how to photo.