Who says plus size girls don't have curves?

Options

Replies

• mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I really wish people didn't body shame. I am not shaming women who don't have curves. I am just posting about how some people say plus size women can't be curvy.

If you are 150 and are straight up and down, that's your body type. This post isn't made to make you feel bad. I just wanted to show that plus size girls CAN have curves and don't have to be at goal weight to call themselves curvy.

I'm not trying to kid anyone. I'm still fat, but I'm fat with a shrinking waist!

OP, I didn't take it as a stab at smaller women at all. I applaud your confidence. You look great and your post was awesome.

^^ this. You have great curves and you're sexy now, and I bet you will still be sexy when you reach your goal

Sadly a few others did body shame. But don't let their negativity pull down your confidence. Don't let the few rotten apples spoil the bunch.

:heart: :flowerforyou:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    You can be plus-sized and curvy and you can be underweight and curvy.

The problem is when "curvy" becomes a euphamism for "overweight." They're two separate things.

I totally agree. Not to knock other body types than my own, but I personally think it's incorrect description when someone who is for example, apple shaped with very small rear and no hips describes themselves as a "curvy girl". JMHO.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    This is me in November, the day before my grandmothers funeral, I was having a fat attack and absolutely certain that I wasn't going to fit into any of the funeral clothes that I brought. It is the last time I took a full length shot of myself. Since then I've taken up heavy lifting and I have lost another 10 pounds, however the body recomp has been ridonkulous so it feels like more than 10 pounds.

I fit into a L/M ...usually medium but depending on the brand and give, sometimes I have to upgrade to Large, usually due to my chest. I'm a DD so my clothes have to reflect that.

am I curvy? I don't know, I do know however that I'm still overweight but i'm finding acceptance in the body I have and working to make it better.

fuzzy side view (sorry)

[img]http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s503/alexhawkdesk/The Bs/back_zps551b0f12.jpg[/img]

and front view

[img]http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s503/alexhawkdesk/The Bs/front_zpsd2e127c9.jpg[/img]
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    This is me in November, the day before my grandmothers funeral, I was having a fat attack and absolutely certain that I wasn't going to fit into any of the funeral clothes that I brought. It is the last time I took a full length shot of myself. Since then I've taken up heavy lifting and I have lost another 10 pounds, however the body recomp has been ridonkulous so it feels like more than 10 pounds.

I fit into a L/M ...usually medium but depending on the brand and give, sometimes I have to upgrade to Large, usually due to my chest. I'm a DD so my clothes have to reflect that.

am I curvy? I don't know, I do know however that I'm still overweight but i'm finding acceptance in the body I have and working to make it better.

fuzzy side view (sorry)

[img]http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s503/alexhawkdesk/The Bs/back_zps551b0f12.jpg[/img]

and front view

[img]http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s503/alexhawkdesk/The Bs/front_zpsd2e127c9.jpg[/img]

Wow Alex! You are sexy!
  • JustJessLynn
    Options
    Here's me. 200 lbs of pure confidence. I'm going to get down to 150 or 18% body fat, whichever looks better in my goal pants. You'll never see me shame anyone. Every person has beautiful features. Everyone else can go suck.... something unpleasent.

curves_zps69162e5d.jpg.html?&_suid=1374181003405032439734877645493
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    In the words of Josefina Lopez "Real Women Have Curves."

No. Real women come in ALL shapes and sizes.

Word. I have some plus size friends who post things like "Real men like meat, not bones." Or "Zero isn't a size." on Facebook. And while I don't say anything, I'm like, you know it wouldn't be ok for someone to post anti-overweight junk, so why do you think it's ok to post anti-thin junk?

While I'm not plus-sized, I've always been short and voluptuousMy best friend is tall and thin and straight as a board. For some reason people think it's ok to tell her she's too thin, but no one has EVER told me I could stand to lose a few pounds. It just drives me batty.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Curves on a woman are subject to the hands of the one feeling them.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    288 isn't a typo. ^_^ I started at 315. I'm 5'11.

A friend of a friend made a snide comment because a guy in a bar called me curvy and this nasty girl said, "Curvy is just a word that fat girls use to make themselves feel better."
    And tearing people down is just a way that people who are ugly on the inside try to make themselves feel better.
  • kaitlynsmom
    kaitlynsmom Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    When I was heavier I didn't think I had any curves. That was around 236. I am now 188 and I think I have curves and I am liking them. :) I do think everyone is sexy. No matter what body type they have :D

45ddeb0f-cc4a-4323-8bb9-34af554934bd_zps2c2b6d62.jpg

Nice loss

Thank you :D
  • JustJessLynn
    Options
    let's try this again:

my proud and curvy glory.. as I would be equally proud of myself if I was "skinny"

curves_zps69162e5d.jpg
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options

fuzzy side view (sorry)

and front view

*whistles* :):flowerforyou:
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    In the words of Josefina Lopez "Real Women Have Curves."

No. Real women come in ALL shapes and sizes.

I am pretty uncurvy....... so I am not a real woman? I might sue my doc for the 6 times I had to give birth then

I thought real women had vajaja's??? Not the store bought kind that people go in for surgery for.:laugh:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I give up...
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal topic Op! I absolutely love that you created a thread celebrating curves. I also hear people who say that they are annoyed by plus size women equating themselves with being curvy or "thick", and they feel that these women are being dead wrong about it. Whether obese and curvaceous or thin and curvaceous, people are always going to pick something to criticize you about. Who gives two sh*ts what they think?? Confidence is hot no matter what body shape/size you are, and you, op, are a great example of that.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I'm just lumpy. THAT is not attractive.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal topic Op! I absolutely love that you created a thread celebrating curves. I also hear people who say that they are annoyed by plus size women equating themselves with being curvy or "thick", and they feel that these women are being dead wrong about it. Whether obese and curvaceous or thin and curvaceous, people are always going to pick something to criticize you about. Who gives two sh*ts what they think?? Confidence is hot no matter what body shape/size you are, and you, op, are a great example of that.

Unhealthy is unhealthy and no amount of confidence can change that

You can be unhealthy and thin. You do know that right?

This post is not about health status. It's about women being confident in their curves.

Just because you hated being plus size doesn't mean other women should.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options

Excuse me but are you a doctor? How dare you assume anybody is unhealthy? Give your head a shake.
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options

tumblr_mbt3k8y4jL1qmyqz4.gif

People can have curves or an hourglass figure at many different sizes. It has absolutely nothing to do with being healthy or not. Not every curvy person is overweight and not every overweight person is curvy. I think the point that was trying to be made is that curvy and overweight are not mutually exclusive.