Who says plus size girls don't have curves?

Options

Replies

• MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Whether thick or thin, women have curves.

Nothing wrong with that, but I have never seen anyone say "eewwwww" t a curvy woman so I guess I'm missing the point of the thread.

Do you hang out in all the forums or see the posts on FB? There was a post saying curvy women need love too or something like that and there were over 200 comments about how only women like Jennifer Lopez or Kim Kardashian are curvy and everyone else is just overweight and lying to themselves.
  • yourgirlbribri
    yourgirlbribri Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    In the words of Josefina Lopez "Real Women Have Curves."
  • brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I think weight loss can change some curves. I use to be considered curvy, but after losing about 8'' off my butt. Not much of a curve there anymore.

This was me about 35 lbs ago.

f633deab-630b-46fb-b3c4-343c25b17573.jpg
  • ILoveBreakfast671
    ILoveBreakfast671 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    lol.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options

No. Real women come in ALL shapes and sizes.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options

Yup!
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I consider myself "reverse curvy". My waist curves OUT instead of curving IN.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Hey Marylin Monroe was a large size 16 (US 14) and her curves were awesome!

&^%$%^&

NO! NO! NO!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You can be plus-sized and curvy and you can be underweight and curvy.

The problem is when "curvy" becomes a euphamism for "overweight." They're two separate things.
    If you think that's actually a "problem" then I'd say you might want to consider the meaning of the word a bit more closely.
    Who cares what a person looks like or weighs, if they feel better calling themselves curvy, what does it matter?
    Well, it makes it very difficult to describe one's body shape when one is an hourglass or pear and not overweight without anyone who can't see you thinking you are saying you are overweight.

Body shape and body size are not the same thing.
  • devinbear
    devinbear Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey Marylin Monroe was a large size 16 (US 14) and her curves were awesome!

&^%$%^&

NO! NO! NO!

http://www.vintageswank.com/sizing.html

This is a size chart from a vintage retailer. In clothing made pre-1970s a size 12 had a 25 inch waist. If Marylin was a 14 then her measurements were somewhere in the ballpark of 32-26-35. Very small. This is not to say anything about anyone's size, as REAL WOMEN come in all sizes.(as others have said) However, it is not accurate to compare vintage sizes to current day sizes.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

I am pretty uncurvy....... so I am not a real woman? I might sue my doc for the 6 times I had to give birth then
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options

I am pretty uncurvy....... so I am not a real woman? I might sue my doc for the 6 times I had to give birth then

your profile pic looks pretty curvy to me!
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Oh hey I just read that... 288lbs?? I'm very surprised, you look great. I've always said weight is just a number... a fine woman is a fine woman.

Thanks! I always say my height saves me. Being 5'11, the fat has a lot of places to go. lolol

Lol, if you were shorter you would probably weigh less too. Seriously though at the end of the day, neither I nor any of my friends or any man I've even just spoken to has ever said "damn she looks good but... what do you think the scale says?"
  • msdeeliteful
    Options
    Great Job!!!
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    2w4jo0j.jpg

Woot! :bigsmile:
  • fromtheghetto
    Options
    yes you all are very sexy wow!!!!
  • Amazonbella
    Amazonbella Posts: 338
    Options
    I am 5'11 too and in the same range you are in and feel sexy and consider myself "curvy" too-Plus size doesn't mean the same shape on all women. I have an hour glass, big boobs, big hips and a smaller waist! Great post! :)
  • hot2def
    hot2def Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I'll never be a real woman!

The truth is, real women come in a variety of shapes!! How is this kind of comment any less of body shaming (in this case, against thin women or those who have a much straighter figure) than the OPs original complaint, the comment that "Plus size girls don't have curves" ...
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    You can be plus-sized and curvy and you can be underweight and curvy.

The problem is when "curvy" becomes a euphamism for "overweight." They're two separate things.
    If you think that's actually a "problem" then I'd say you might want to consider the meaning of the word a bit more closely.
    Who cares what a person looks like or weighs, if they feel better calling themselves curvy, what does it matter?

Well I would say that it is a problem, because it makes the woman calling herself "curvy" look kinda dumb. I'm a short man who recently started working out... I might have some musculature so far, but you don't see me walking around referring to myself as "corn-fed". That is reserved for men who have a much better build, and probably more height!

If I did that, it would make me look kinda pathetic, right? If an overweight girl without curves did the same, it would make her look sad. And all of this is important, because I don't think that's what she's going for...

None of this is to pass judgement about curves vs. no curves however, and like that one poster said, the vast majority of women DO have curves, though their bodyfat % may not support it at the moment.