Who says plus size girls don't have curves?

Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Lovely curves! Here is my curvy pic :)
    IMG_0471_zpsef2818fa.jpg

ETA: I am 5'4 and currently 203lbs

Hotness! Love the shoes and your curves!

Thank you love :)
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 407 Member
    As a former obese woman, I never described myself as curvy, fat yes, curvy no. My fat all goes to my torso, and curves disappear. I have a completely different body shape when I am slender versus fat. I wish I had, had your figures. You look beautiful and sexy.
  • nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    I'm not as big and curvy as I was once was:

9313068939_8a01b45945_m.jpg

but I'm still curvy with 60lbs left to lose

9313070487_40be84d985_m.jpg
    9315826870_da5c9a65a0_m.jpg
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Oh hey I just read that... 288lbs?? I'm very surprised, you look great. I've always said weight is just a number... a fine woman is a fine woman.

Thanks! I always say my height saves me. Being 5'11, the fat has a lot of places to go. lolol
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Someone recently told me that overweight girls just like to say that they are curvy to feel better about themselves. Psh! I say! If you have an indent in your waist, then you are curvy! So this is a thread to post all of our lovely curves! This was taken yesterday. All 288 pounds of me!

a1b81f29-1447-46d9-b23f-a7bb7eb50d14_zpsaf073e0a.jpg

I have a long ways to go, but I wanted to start a thread for all of us who need a pick me up! Post those curvy photos ladies!

I think it's confusing because a lot of people do use "curvy" as a euphemism for overweight. Obviously, some women are actually curvy, and some very lean women are curvy. Some aren't very curvy whatever their weight (although I think we all have curves, just to a differing degree!) I see a lot of stuff on facebook about "curvy girls" from a couple of women I know, who are overweight, but aren't (in my view) particularly curvy, The women I'm thinking of are also constantly trying to lose weight, so it does kind of come across as them trying to make themselves feel better. Which is absolutely fine (although I'm not so keen on when it strays into the whole "curvy girls vs skinny girls" / "real women are xyz" crap, but that's another story). But yeah - I think it's the people who are using the word as a synonym for being overweight that cause people to say disparaging things like that.

By the way, you look great, you have a lovely figure. Definitely curvy! I can't post any pics because I've never been that curvy, either overweight or slim. :sad: :smile:
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    I think curves have more to do with one's body type than size.

I've been very large & also pretty small. No matter what my size I have always had an hour glass figure.
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    I'm pretty curvy.. especially as of lately :)
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Love your bathing suit!
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Hey Marylin Monroe was a large size 16 (US 14) and her curves were awesome!
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    <<<<<< my lady lumps
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    I don't think anyone says that. It's just that maybe some people feel a bit hurt when it is implied that *only* plus size women have curves or are "real" women.

But you do have a beautiful shape babe! :heart:
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    You look fab!

I'm curvy at 154lbs and wearing size 6/8. I was curvy 66lbs heavier too, I had the same 10 inch difference between my hips and waist then. Although I had just had a baby so had a bigger belly and huge boobs!
  • VincitQuiSeVincit
    VincitQuiSeVincit Posts: 285 Member
    I LOVE my body shape! I have awesome amazing curves and I think being so happy being actually curvy is what let me be ok with being fat for so long though.
  • Okisweetpea
    Okisweetpea Posts: 19 Member
    You look great! Keep up the work ladies. I'm curvy too...no picture to add because I'm at work but I am 5'7 and I'm 213 but I can't wait to get this weight off of me and be healthy!
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Hey Marylin Monroe was a large size 16 (US 14) and her curves were awesome!

MM was awesome, but she had a 22" waist. That's a 4/6 in modern sizes.

Curves can happen at any size, the more the better! Christina Hendricks... :love:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Hey round is a curve so by definition I'm curvy
  • Okisweetpea
    Okisweetpea Posts: 19 Member
    You look great! Keep up the good work!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    OP: you have an awesome figure, and you ARE curvy. I envy those kinds of curves.

edit - no picture posting of me. I will never be curvy; my fate is either carpenter's dream flat or a squishy inverted triangle, since everything goes to my hips/butt and my chest gets nothing (yay push up bras! :laugh: :blushing: )
  • CrazyAnimalLady
    CrazyAnimalLady Posts: 104 Member
    Heck yeah you can be big and still have curves! Heres a picture from last year at my heaviest, I may have been 345 lbs but I definitely had the good kind of curves!
    160e81y.jpg
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Ladies with the pics you are both beautiful!

I'm not curvy, I'm lumpy.