Who says plus size girls don't have curves?

Options
Someone recently told me that overweight girls just like to say that they are curvy to feel better about themselves. Psh! I say! If you have an indent in your waist, then you are curvy! So this is a thread to post all of our lovely curves! This was taken yesterday. All 288 pounds of me!

a1b81f29-1447-46d9-b23f-a7bb7eb50d14_zpsaf073e0a.jpg

I have a long ways to go, but I wanted to start a thread for all of us who need a pick me up! Post those curvy photos ladies!

Replies

• MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    bump. ^_^ I know you sexies are out there!
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Is 288 a typo? From that shot I would guess you are much closer to 200. Super cute picture!
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You weigh 288 pounds. DAMN I can only imagine how hot you are going to be thinner. You are to cute. I love the picture.

I am 232 and I got curves. I will always have a butt, boobs and thick legs. That is just my body.
  • AriesAsh
    AriesAsh Posts: 1
    Options
    They probably meant that you can't just 'gain weight and get curves'.
    You can be overweight, underweight or healthy but it doesn't change weather you have "curves".
    For me that always refers to your natural bone structure...
  • MissTattoo
    Options
    288 isn't a typo. ^_^ I started at 315. I'm 5'11.

A friend of a friend made a snide comment because a guy in a bar called me curvy and this nasty girl said, "Curvy is just a word that fat girls use to make themselves feel better." O_O BUt it's not just at the bar. I see it everywhere on the internet. People who say plus size models aren't curvy and they shouldn't use it. I've read threads from people who say that they are sick of people who are overweight saying they are curvy. Even if they have a natural hourglass shape while being overweight, they say they aren't curvy because they are overweight. So I wanted to create a thread for all the curvy plus size women out there who love their bodies!
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Well you look awesome! I'm 5'11", too, and I did not look that good at 281 (my highest). LOL

I'm too shy to post any pics, but I'm a pear with broad shoulders, so I'm a faux hourglass. ;-)
  • alishyapremock
    alishyapremock Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and have always had "curves" just not always in the places that look the best lol. I started at my highest weight last March of 310lbs! I have been working out and trying to loose weight for over a year now and a few months ago I went shopping with my dad & step-mom as a birthday present and they said that I needed new workout clothes to help keep me motivated so we went to the Under-armor store... I told them that nothing in that store would fit me from the women's side because it only went to XL.... they talked me into trying on yoga pants, tank top and zippered jacket, I came out of the fitting room and my dad said "oh wow you look amazing and you have a great hourglass shape that I have never noticed before!" It made me feel great and added that extra bit of confidence that I needed to wear it because I had never been able to wear a women's size XL before and not look like a busted can of biscuits! I'm down currently to 248lbs with so much more to go, but still feel amazing when someone comments on my curves or how great I look now! The curves may not always be in the right places but we all have amazing curves just waiting to be flaunted!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Lovely curves! Here is my curvy pic :)
    IMG_0471_zpsef2818fa.jpg

ETA: I am 5'4 and currently 203lbs
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    You are for sure curvy! I love your attitude and the bathing suit.
  • Changeisachoice
    Changeisachoice Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Beautiful curves and Where did you get the suit? Love it!!
  • MissTattoo
    Options
    Beautiful curves and Where did you get the suit? Love it!!

Believe it or not, Walmart last summer. I hated it last year. It was a last minute purchase because we were going to the pool and I couldn't find the one that I had for years.
  • MissTattoo
    Options
    IMG_0471_zpsef2818fa.jpg

Hotness! Love the shoes and your curves!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You can be plus-sized and curvy and you can be underweight and curvy.

The problem is when "curvy" becomes a euphamism for "overweight." They're two separate things.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    IMG_0471_zpsef2818fa.jpg

that's one sexy b!tch right there...you're lookin' great!
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    At my biggest, I still had an hourglass figure... it was just larger than before! I remember trying on my wedding gown at a size 18 and the sales clerk commenting on my measurements. Even though they were "big" they were in the perfect hourglass proportion. 30 pounds smaller and even though the numbers have changed, the shape remains.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Well it's true, a lot of overweight women like to say they have "curves" when they don't.

Curves are pretty independent of a woman's weight... if she has them she has them, if she doesn't, she doesn't.

For the record, I love women with curves and a little meat on their bones, but not so much women with meat on their bones and no curves. The good news is, in the later case, she just needs to get her BF% down to a level where the curves she has, show.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Let those who wish to use the term "Curvy" use it how they like. It's not hurting anyone and if it makes someone feel better about themselves, so be it. No, not everyone is curvy that says they are. Some heavy gals are more squarish and some skinny gals try to stick out their butt to appear curvy, no matter. In this age of low self esteem for so many people, who are the rest of us to drag them down. I do like to think of anyone truly curvy as having that hourglass shape and I have to say I'm glad I have it back now that I lost weight (I used to be more squarish when so heavy! I used to say spongebob squarepants! LOL!) My pics are in my profile, when MFP makes it easier to post pics then I will post more pics in threads. How hard is it to make a fricken button MFP!!!???
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Rock on, my curvy sister! I'd be curvy at a size 20, I'm curvy at a size 8, and I'd be curvy at a size 2. Shape and weight are not the same thing!
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Oh hey I just read that... 288lbs?? I'm very surprised, you look great. I've always said weight is just a number... a fine woman is a fine woman.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    IMG_0471_zpsef2818fa.jpg

that's one sexy b!tch right there...you're lookin' great!

:heart: